Who would win in a fight: you or your avatar?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Well my avatar is a chimp in a steam powered suit of armour with an arm cannon and a big mace. Unfortunately I have yet to be blessed with an arm cannon which does leave me at a slight disadvantage.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Well, I seem to have the advantage in terms of height and weight. Neptune is only 146 cm in height (about 4'9'') and weighs about 38 kilograms (about 84 pounds). I'm slightly more than a foot taller than her, and I may be a skinny guy, but I still weigh way more than that. This is, of course, neglecting the fact that she can wield broadswords that are about as big compared to her as the Buster Sword is to Cloud with the same proficiency as she can wield more reasonably-sized katanas with only some slowdown. Additionally, in the Neptunia games, she tends to be a glass cannon, though in the third game she was more well-rounded, aka the buffed all of her other stats to match her strength. This suggests that she has unnaturally high physical strength, even though she's about the size of an 11-year-old girl and spends most of her time lazing about and playing video games. This is probably due to the fact that she's a physical deity who has a mahou shoujo-style transformation sequence which lets her assume her goddess form, which is significantly bigger in every way. In this form, my height and weight advantages are significantly lower, since she's about 5'5'', which is still 5 inches shorter than me but is a lot taller than she used to be, and she weighs about 105 pounds, which is also a lot more reasonable since while I weigh a little more than that, it's only a few pounds. Additionally, she gets a sword that's even bigger than the aforementioned broadsword and the ability to fly.

So there are a few factors in play here, most of which are still going to let her kick my ass; it's just a question of how badly she's gonna kick my ass. Best case scenario, it turns out that her broadsword-wielding strength is just video game logic and this fight ends up being the laziest slap fight ever, with her getting distracted by pudding or video games or something halfway through. I'd probably win that, given that I could do that thing where I hold the top of her head at arm's length and then she can't reach me. If she actually does have super strength, then I might win under the aforementioned circumstances if I can outlast her. In a sword fight, I'd lose either way. In a 100%, all-in, serious fight, I'd lose so badly I probably wouldn't even exist any more at the end. And this is assuming I could even fight back against her. Wouldn't want to hurt her cute little face, after all.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Well it kinda depends.

If he's just the card then easy win for me.
If he's a holographic projection of that card then it's a draw since we can't hurt each other.
If he's the actual dragon then yeah I'm boned, my only hope would be to somehow get away before he's done LOL at the idea of fighting me.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
Well, my avi is a bouncing rainbow sheep, unless it somehow has a bootload of magic hiding somewhere, I think I'd be fine. I've handled sheep before (I'm a rural girl). I wouldn't kill it though, rainbow wool would make me a killing.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I'm doomed if he's allowed to bring any of his death machines or robot masters along. Actually someone that rabid could also potentially stab me to death with his pocket screwdriver or strangle me with his tie. Got to watch out...

I get the feeling most people here won't have a chance because their avatars are so formidable, but at least mine's a normal, old human so I might actually have a chance at victory.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
Assuming I would even want to fight the cuteness that is Nyx, the eldritch terror of Nightmare Moon in filly form; it depends. Largely because she gets nerfed at the end of her story, Past Sins.

During story: I would probably get minced. Being an alicorn filly, her magic is powerful, if a little unfocussed. If she were frightened to such an extent as to lash out with her magic (although her temperament would almost certainly mean she wouldn't), then I could be subject to all manner of unknown energies. I wouldn't fancy my chances much.

Post-story: I could probably win, physically, as most of her magic has been taken away from her by this point. However, she has, and I quote a page one respondent:

Kevlar Eater said:
backup who is basically a scream away, and said backup is a physical goddess
In the form of her adoptive mother, no less. In which case, I wouldn't stand a chance. In the slightest. At all. Ever.

But anyway, why the hell would I want to attack something so cute? Just look at her!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Uhm...

Uh...

I... don't know?

;___;

I'm assuming I'd get my ass handed to me on a silver platter one way or another.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Let see...
My avatar is the Laughing Man with the Watchmen Blood splatter...
Which mean Ozymandius has found a way to kill an Ideal....
I think I win by default.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
This is a difficult one.

Garrus may be an incredibly skilled combatant, but I don't know if his llama equivalent shares his abilities.

On the other hand, I am not sure I could bring myself to fight something so adorable.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Me, or Artorias?

Just to make it somewhat fair, let's have it a fist fight. ...Yeah, I still lose. Even with a broken arm, it's Artorias.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Franklin? He's a lifeless puppet. I wonder if it counts if Gob is controlling him. Although in that situation, if worse comes to worse, I could probably just climb up a tree. Yeah, I'll go with me.

Schtimpy

Oct 29, 2013
My avatar doesn't have any eyes, so Advantage: Me. But if he doesn't need eyes to see, I could be boned. Daredevil, Illidan, assassin chick from that one episode of Angel, Hand-eyes from Pans Labyrinth, any of them could wreck me. And I don't know what his face is made of. Could be cotton, could be super hard plastic.

I'd probably just steal his hat and run.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Artina89 said:
Me vs Raul Julia as Gomez Addams? He would just win by walking into the damned arena. Raul Julia is just awesome.

Here is the proof:

And as a bonus:

As we're both rocking Gomez/Raul avatars I'm in complete agreement, he'd beat us both and look classy doing it!

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
putowtin said:
Artina89 said:
Me vs Raul Julia as Gomez Addams? He would just win by walking into the damned arena. Raul Julia is just awesome.

Here is the proof:

And as a bonus:

As we're both rocking Gomez/Raul avatars I'm in complete agreement, he'd beat us both and look classy doing it!
Definitely. I am always happy when I see your avatar, it is always nice to see a fellow Raul Julia fan :)

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Upon changing avvys, there is no way I can compare to the overwhelming manliness of the mighty Kamina.