Who would win in a fight?

VG_Addict

New member
Jul 16, 2013
651
0
0
This thread is simple: you pit two or more characters against each other, and the next poster says who they think would win, then posts two other characters.

I'll start: Who would win in a fight, the crew on the Starship Enterprise or the Cylons from Battlestar Galactica?
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
7,104
698
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
We seriously reducing ourselves to this? Also, you said characters, but these are ships.

Fine.

Enterprise vs. Cylons: Cylons win

Next:

Andromeda Ascendant (Andromeda) vs. White Star 1 (Babylon 5)
 

Drathnoxis

Artificial Person
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
3,441
309
88
Country
Canada
Gender
Male
Hawki said:
We seriously reducing ourselves to this? Also, you said characters, but these are ships.

Fine.

Enterprise vs. Cylons: Cylons win

Next:

Andromeda Ascendant (Andromeda) vs. White Star 1 (Babylon 5)
I don't know what either of these are. But I'm going to say the White Star 1 because the Andromeda Ascendant looks like a strap on dildo.

Next: Red m&m vs. Yellow m&m
 

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
8,571
135
68
A Hermit's Cave
Forum game is forum game... -.-

OT: Red MnM, it's angrier and gets a sucker punch in.

Next: Kampfgruppe Miho vs. Michael Wittmann >.>
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
SckizoBoy said:
Forum game is forum game... -.-

OT: Red MnM, it's angrier and gets a sucker punch in.

Next: Kampfgruppe Miho vs. Michael Wittmann >.>
Gotta give it to Miho, as Wittmann died in the 40s, and as far as I can tell Miho isn't dead.

Clan Elemental vs Primaris Space Marine?
 

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
6,652
0
0
Silentpony said:
Clan Elemental vs Primaris Space Marine?
I don't know what the Clan Elemental is so he wins out of pure element of surprise or something.

Dr. Manhattan vs Charlie Brown?
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Adam Jensen said:
Silentpony said:
Clan Elemental vs Primaris Space Marine?
I don't know what the Clan Elemental is so he wins out of pure element of surprise or something.

Dr. Manhattan vs Charlie Brown?
I think Manhattan wins, by being a God. A better vs would be Dr. Manhattan vs Freakazoid. Manhattan is a God, but Freakazoid not only can break the 4th wall, he has the writers under contract so he always wins. So we have someone who can alter reality within the fight, and someone who has the author themselves on their side.
 

Smithnikov_v1legacy

New member
May 7, 2016
1,022
0
0
Silentpony said:
I think Manhattan wins, by being a God. A better vs would be Dr. Manhattan vs Freakazoid. Manhattan is a God, but Freakazoid not only can break the 4th wall, he has the writers under contract so he always wins. So we have someone who can alter reality within the fight, and someone who has the author themselves on their side.
Freakazoid by a last minute re-write protest then.

Warring States era Japan (united, under Nobunaga) vs. The Roman Empire (under Julius Ceasar)
 

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 20, 2020
2,953
436
88
Country
United Kingdom
Smithnikov said:
Warring States era Japan (united, under Nobunaga) vs. The Roman Empire (under Julius Ceasar)
My money is actually on Nobunaga.

By the time of Nobunaga, Japanese armies were distinctly early modern in character, with pike and shot being predominant. While the Romans had faced Greek pikemen, early modern pike armies were a very different story and were basically unbeatable even in their own time period. Additionally, where the Romans really had the edge on their rivals was in logistics and organisation, but against an early modern army they don't even really have that advantage.

You might think that the Romans would be able to field enormous numbers to compensate, but when you look at individual battles Roman armies really aren't bigger than those which fought major battles in Nobunaga's Japan. For all its vast conquests, Rome under Ceasar is still essentially administered like a city-state. The proportion of the population who is even eligible to join the army, let alone willing to do so, is actually very small.

So yeah, Nobunaga wins.

Anyway, err..

Dumbledore versus the Balrog.

Better than Gandalf? Worse? About the same?
 

Squilookle

New member
Nov 6, 2008
3,590
0
0
evilthecat said:
Anyway, err..

Dumbledore versus the Balrog.

Better than Gandalf? Worse? About the same?
Well as Gandalf already demonstrated, magic can defeat a Balrog even if you're an old man. So Dumbledore.

Next fight:

An X-Wing piloted by Keyan Farlander,



vs a TIE Fighter piloted by Maarek Stele

 

Drathnoxis

Artificial Person
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
3,441
309
88
Country
Canada
Gender
Male
Squilookle said:
evilthecat said:
Anyway, err..

Dumbledore versus the Balrog.

Better than Gandalf? Worse? About the same?
Well as Gandalf already demonstrated, magic can defeat a Balrog even if you're an old man. So Dumbledore.

Next fight:

An X-Wing piloted by Keyan Farlander,



vs a TIE Fighter piloted by Maarek Stele

Keyan Farlander because the empire always loses.

Next: A whirlpool vs. a tornado
 

Smithnikov_v1legacy

New member
May 7, 2016
1,022
0
0
Baffle2 said:
Mike Haggar or the Gangs of New York
Haggar makes good progress and crushes dozens of hoods, even gets through the Dead Rabbits before Bill the Butcher stun-locks him with those knife attacks.

Kenshiro vs Shao Khan
 

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
2,351
31
53
Smithnikov said:
Kenshiro vs Shao Khan
I'd put my money on Shao Khan, mostly due to the fact that I know who Shao Khan is more than Kenshiro.

The Malaz 14th Army (the Bonehunters) under Tavore Paran or Daenerys Targaryen and her army, dragons included.
 

Smithnikov_v1legacy

New member
May 7, 2016
1,022
0
0
twistedmic said:
Smithnikov said:
Kenshiro vs Shao Khan
I'd put my money on Shao Khan, mostly due to the fact that I know who Shao Khan is more than Kenshiro.

The Malaz 14th Army (the Bonehunters) under Tavore Paran or Daenerys Targaryen and her army, dragons included.
Kenshiro is the main character from Fist of the North Star. He's the source of the "You are already dead" meme.


Anyway...

Daenearys pulls out a victory with heavy casualties, mostly due to more experience and training in her own forces.

Okay, since we're going with obscure fantasy as part of this...

Elric of Melnibone' (alone, but armed w/Stormbringer) vs The Harry Potter verse.
 

Sanderpower

New member
Jun 26, 2014
93
0
0
I have no idea, what Elric of Melnibone is, but I'd wager The Harry Potter verse would win seeing as this Elric person (according to Google and Wiki's) is basically just snope Voldemort with a sword and a nose. Harry Potter beat him once, he can probably beat him again.


My choice for a battle?

Joseph Joestar from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Battle Tendency vs Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate. The former is an almighty vampire. But the latter is an ultra genius with sunlight power.
 

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
2,836
440
88
Country
USA
Gender
Male
Alucard, hands down. Off the top of my head, I'd put Joseph as maybe able to fight Walter, but Alucard's another story entirely. His shadow powers make him insanely durable on their own, and up until the finale he has at least several armies' worth of familiars that he can either burn as extra lives or summon to fight for him.

And there's no way in hell that Joseph could survive Alucard's Level 0 release. Even if we exclude the characters he absorbed with special powers of their own and assume that every familiar of his had the mental capacity of a ghoul, there are just way too many bodies for Joseph to deal with. Alucard could literally just have them crush him under their sheer cumulative weight. And on top of that Alucard has centuries of battle experience and no discernable weaknesses short of "Holy Nail" tier sacred relics. On the whole, this feels very lopsided in Alucard's favor.

And for our next match let's go with those mysterious men in black. Swashbucklers rejoice, because we're pitting the Dread Pirate Roberts against Zorro!
 

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
11,902
1,192
118
Gender
Whatever, just wash your hands.
My Toriel plush vs my Ralsie plush. They are plush toys, everyone wins by them just existing.
 

Smithnikov_v1legacy

New member
May 7, 2016
1,022
0
0
Sanderpower said:
I have no idea, what Elric of Melnibone is, but I'd wager The Harry Potter verse would win seeing as this Elric person (according to Google and Wiki's) is basically just snope Voldemort with a sword and a nose. Harry Potter beat him once, he can probably beat him again.
Serves me right for using another obscure character but....no, Elric is not just Voldey with sword and nose considering what he trucks with and slaps around without a sweat. Also, Stormbringer isn't just a sword...ho boy no...


Skip to 7:44
 

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
6,207
3,294
118
Smithnikov said:
Serves me right for using another obscure character but... Elric
Obscure? I could weep. Elric of Melnibone is probably the most famous creation of one of fantasy literature's great authors.

If nothing else, the Chaos faction in Warhammer is totally a rip-off of the forces of chaos from Moorcock's Elric books.