Who's your best Escapist friend?

TheNewGuy

Nov 18, 2012
So I want to know: who is everyone's best friend here on the Escapist? Who has personally affected you the most? Who do you like talking to on here the most? Do you have anyone you know from real life? Do you have anyone you'd like to know in real life?

I think it would be interesting to hear who everyone on here is friends with so I thought I'd ask. Hearing about other people's friends makes me happy.

As for me, being so new here I don't really have anyone like that yet. But I'm sure I'll make a friend on here eventually.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Well I have a IRL friend on here but he isn't active in the forums.

When it comes to people I'd mention it'd have to be the people from the Barclays Premier League User Group
Aris Khandir
Carlsber Export
Razer17
Rawne1980
Demon ID

and the rest of the guys there (we're 10 in total)
Great people to discuss football with :D

Also tenth post for you, welcome I guess :D
Will feel strange to have the user name TheNewGuy after 3 years and 20k posts ;)

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
TheNewGuy said:
There are quite a few people here that I enjoy talking to. I'm not going to say any of them are my best friends, because I don't play favorites and they might not feel the same way about me...

Some of those people are...
T0ad 0f Truth, TizzytheTormentor, Beffudled Sheep, Fappy, Casual Shinji, burningdragoon, Colour-Scientist, Doclector, Imp Emissary, Lucem712, Nantucket, PsychicTaco115, Revnak, SonicWaffle, LoneWanderer, Pretty much the whole injustice league, quite a few of the brovengers. The whole of the "Forum Games" community (Which needs more people).

I like talking to people and I'll pretty much talk to anyone who cares enough to talk to me in return.
(Sorry in advance for inevitably not including someone).

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I don't really have any friends on here, just entertaining people. And the most entertaining/infuriating person to grace these forums so far is Danyal. Everyone in the Escapist Linux Users groups is also automatically cool.

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
Only one user really went out of his/her way to welcome me to the new Escapist forums after I spent an extended time away. The username is Redlin5.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Pretty much anyone in the Brovengers chat, since they're the ones I chat about a variety of subjects to the most.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I'm not in the mood to pick favourites, so a general shout out to every active member of the Injustice League and the Pub Club, also to everyone I role-play with here, especially Grand Mythos and also Prey when it was running.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
lacktheknack I think. Jolly fellow indeed. Synchtube sessions with him are great fun (especially when watching supposedly-for-kids cartoons).

EDIT: Exactly 4200 posts? Well that's not a particularly big milestone, but I shall commemorate it anyway. WOO!

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
My BEST friend? Wow, difficult, I have so many to choose from. Let's see, there's . . . umm . . . that guy with the avatar that was from that thing . . . or that person who complimented me once . . . or . . . uhh. . .

. . . oh, wait, I have no friends.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Terminate421 said:
MAYBE Vault101, assuming he even knows I exist.
Wow, you must know her well ;-)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I think it goes without saying that this person [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view] is pretty damn awesome.

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Oh come on, someone had to do it.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

EDIT: Fucking hell. Ninja'd and ninja'd hard.

I suppose I could just make this a proper post and list a few people, but I'd feel like I was sucking up. If you're one of the people on here who I especially like and/or respect then you probably know it by now.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
That's a tough one, I talk to a good number of people frequently and have met a number of them in person so...

I'unno. o_O

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
ohnoitsabear said:
Definitely this guy. My day is always better if when I get to talk to them.
Zhukov said:
I think it goes without saying that this person [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view] is pretty damn awesome.

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Oh come on, someone had to do it.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

You guys are just too kind!

[sub][sub][sub]Yes, I am aware that it is the user profile trick, and damnit, why didn't I think of it as well![/sub][/sub][/sub]

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:
Casual Shinji
D'aaaw shucks... Thanks, chum!

OT: I have a hard time recognizing when someone is actually "a friend", having social issues and trouble taking initiative and all that. But I've been able to get along fine with Eclipse Dragon lately. And Flamezdudes has been fun for discussions, too, seeing as we're both NGE fans. And us Eva fanboys need to stick together.

Then there's FargoDog. Don't know if I'd say we're friends, but the guy can write some damn fine reviews, and I always kinda respected him for that.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Guffe said:
Well I have a IRL friend on here but he isn't active in the forums.

When it comes to people I'd mention it'd have to be the people from the Barclays Premier League User Group
Aris Khandir
Carlsber Export
Razer17
Rawne1980
Demon ID

and the rest of the guys there (we're 10 in total)
Great people to discuss football with :D

Also tenth post for you, welcome I guess :D
Will feel strange to have the user name TheNewGuy after 3 years and 20k posts ;)
Have to agree with Guffe.

Great to have people to talk about a subject close to my heart (football that is, not my rib cage). And they are great people.

Before meeting these guys the most conversation I got was with my wife who's knowledge of football is "ooh look, they kick a ball".

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Eclipse Dragon said:
TheNewGuy said:
There are quite a few people here that I enjoy talking to. I'm not going to say any of them are my best friends, because I don't play favorites and they might not feel the same way about me...

Some of those people are...
T0ad 0f Truth, TizzytheTormentor, Beffudled Sheep, Fappy, Casual Shinji, burningdragoon, Colour-Scientist, Doclector, Imp Emissary, Lucem712, Nantucket, PsychicTaco115, Revnak, SonicWaffle, LoneWanderer, Pretty much the whole injustice league, quite a few of the brovengers. The whole of the "Forum Games" community (Which needs more people).

I like talking to people and I'll pretty much talk to anyone who cares enough to talk to me in return.
(Sorry in advance for inevitably not including someone).
Fuck yea!

-cough-

Right, right. Well, of course a shout-out to all The Injustice League Bastards (except that one guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view]) And of course, to PsychicTaco being one of my first major friends on the Escapist and my presidential running mate; I shall murder him one day to take all his taco-y powers

And of course non Injustice League members; Vault101, Fappy, Tizzy, Evil Smurf and many others whom I cannot name because I am bad with names. /stalking mode