Why all the Michael Cera hate?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
nunqual said:
Yeah, but Clint Eastwood plays a badass every time. Also, you definitely wouldn't want to try and punch Clint Eastwood, he'll kick your ass. Michael Cera does not play a badass, he plays a wuss, and he has a very punchable face, which I am confident I could clobber without much opposition.
That's probably why he plays wusses, then.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
I'm pretty ambivalent towards Michael Cera. He was good in Juno, but he hasn't changed much since that role, although his performance in Scott Pilgrim was flawless enough to redeem him for any of his other faults.

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
ohgodalex said:
I'm pretty ambivalent towards Michael Cera. He was good in Juno, but he hasn't changed much since that role, although his performance in Scott Pilgrim was flawless enough to redeem him for any of his other faults.
*Raises hand* Agreed. The best thing about that role though was he wasn't Completely likeable... just mostly.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
He's the same character in every single movie. Disagreeing with me is like walking into a wave of radiation thinking you'd survive.

EDITED:For those people who think stepping on Bear Traps is sick.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Just another target for the Internet: a nerd-propelled hate/angst machine.

To be honest, I like Mike and I think he's a lot better than most young actors I can mention (Shia LeBouf and Miley Cyrus are examples). Doesn't hold a candle to Dakota Fanning though.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
derelix said:
Nouw said:
He's the same character in every single movie. Disagreeing with me is like asking an Adeptus Astartes in a Fight when you're surrounded by Terran Marines.
EDITED:For those people who think stepping on Bear Traps is sick
Posting that is like murdering a nun and violating the body.
That's just sick, you weirdo.
EDIT: BTW lots of people survive stepping on a bear trap. Generally not a fatal thing.
Really?

Stepping on a Bear Trap is like Necrophilia with a Nun? Who's the weirdo? Do you know a game called Limbo by any chance?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
derelix said:
Nouw said:
derelix said:
Nouw said:
He's the same character in every single movie. Disagreeing with me is like asking an Adeptus Astartes in a Fight when you're surrounded by Terran Marines.
EDITED:For those people who think stepping on Bear Traps is sick
Posting that is like murdering a nun and violating the body.
That's just sick, you weirdo.
EDIT: BTW lots of people survive stepping on a bear trap. Generally not a fatal thing.
Really?

Stepping on a Bear Trap is like Necrophilia with a Nun? Who's the weirdo? Do you know a game called Limbo by any chance?
no his post was like....never mind you get the idea.
No I haven't, I'm assuming the bear trap thing was a reference and I completely missed it.
In a sense yes. I think we've started out on the wrong foot. Hello, how do you do?

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
I don't hate him. He might be a great guy for all I know. I'm just tired of knowing that he plays an awkward, nice, unpopular, teen, who falls in love with "the girl". The girl is initially rejective of him. So he does something that probably wouldn't work in real life but does in the movie because HES MICAEL CERA DAMMIT ! He gets the girl and everyone loves him and he magically loses every awkward aspect he's ever had.

All before his name disappears from the screen in the STARING __________ and ____________ part of the trailer for his movie. Or the first moment I see him in the trailer. Whichevers first.

It's not a personal dislike of him. I dislike when actors get typecast to such an extream in any case. He just falls into that category.

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
Nouw said:
He's the same character in every single movie. Disagreeing with me is like walking into a wave of radiation thinking you'd survive.

EDITED:For those people who think stepping on Bear Traps is sick.
You're right - he totally is.

In the same way that Sean Bean is pretty much guaranteed to either die or be sent to prison for a life sentence in all His movies... you may disagree - but type-casting isn't always a Bad thing.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Im indifferent, there are alot of other people who deserve my undivided hate. No point in wasting it on some young actor who makes average to funny movies.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
derelix said:
Kenko said:
Im indifferent, there are alot of other people who deserve my undivided hate. No point in wasting it on some young actor who makes average to funny movies.
um...you are aware that he doesn't write or direct the movies he's in, right?
Yeah, shouldve chosen my words better there. But he's in average to funny movies.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I hate that he plays the same awkward teenager in every movie. Sure, that's fine for one or two movies but when you do it for EVERY movie, it's annoying. Zombieland is the only movie I've seen with him that I've liked, and that was because of zombies and Woody Harrelson.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
shewolf51 said:
I hate that he plays the same awkward teenager in every movie. Sure, that's fine for one or two movies but when you do it for EVERY movie, it's annoying. Zombieland is the only movie I've seen with him that I've liked, and that was because of zombies and Woody Harrelson.
At the risk of not getting an obvious joke, thats Jessi Eisenburg in zombie land.
He does get mistaken for Jessi Eisenburg a lot though, he said in an interview that he gets people coming up to him and saying "I loved you in Zombieland" and he says "If you liked Zombieland then you should check out Adventureland!"

Scott Pilgrim should be more than enough to change your opinion of Michael Cera.