Why Are You Buying a Console?

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Ultratwinkie said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Because you damn PC elitists lied to me. PC gaming wasn't all its cracked up to be and now I'm crawling back to Sony and Microsoft much a man leaves a girl who is too clingy for his abusive ex.
How did elitists lie to you? PC gaming is pretty easy.
Could you not tell by the akward analogy that I was somewhat joking?

Also, compared to using a console, it's frustrating.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
because I like games duh! And maybe because I want to experience the next generation of games, and games in popular franchises. [font color='FF66FF'] Like Call of Duty man, can't wait to see how it will evolve on the PS4.[/font] No seriously, Watch Dogs, i just can't wait. :)

Max Pritchard

Feb 19, 2013
I will buy a next generation console if my friends do. And.. that's about it. There are few games that would entice me to splash out on hardware.

GonvilleBromhead

Dec 19, 2010
If the PS4 keeps it's used game, no Orwellian DRM promise - because their is no Orwellian DRM as standard and (more importantly) I can buy older games a few years down the line second hand (and trade them in if I so wish).

Which you can't do with XBone, nor can the PC master race.

Tomas Ferrara

Apr 8, 2013
I'll be a full time soldier by the time I bother with a next gen console, until then I have my old, croaky 360 and my slightly dated but still good enough for Bioshock Infinite gaming PC and I'd say those will last me until I get both new consoles. Xbone for Halo because it's my favorite of the big three shooters and while having that bro mentality most online shooters have, the weapons are still pretty distinct and are fun to use. I'll also pick up a PS4 for KH3 and I've never owned a PS3 so I have the continuation of every exclusive I missed to look forward to. :3

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
well maybe the PS4 later on. when games stop coming to the PS3 completely. otherwise i won't buy anything.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Because Sony touched me in all the right places. Great system, great policy, great exclusives and a very good price. Can't say no to that deal.

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
I already have a WiiU for the nintendo exclusives (I am, and always will be, a nintendo fanboy) and i'm getting a ps4 for the exclusives on that. As for multiplatform games I'll get them on either of those consoles. I'll probably end up getting Watchdogs and Ac4 on the wiiU just cause i don't want to wait until i have a ps4 to play them!

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Wow, do people really think Destiny looks all that good? I mean, doesn't look bad or anything, but didn't seem like a system seller or anything.

I don't plan on buying any console straight away, but I will eventually get a PS4 when there's a good selection of games. Might be a while seeing as I've yet to get a PS3....

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Not sure I am. Rather invest in a computer that can both run games and do other stuff as well.
But if I do get a console, it'll probably be the PS4. Why? Because it's not the Xbone. Seriously. Fuck the Xbone, I am boycotting that thing.
Also, Destiny and Watch Dogs.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
Metal Gear Solid V. And there are certain games i prefer to play on a console anyway (like GTA or fighting games à la DBZ)

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
To play Pokemon X and/or Y.
3DS counts as a next gen handheld console, right?

Other than that, I'll be on my PC as usual.

Azriel Nightshade

Jun 9, 2008
Graphical consistency and ease of use. I put the CD in the consol and it is guarantee to work and it usually, (Alies Colonial Marines), looks as advertised. The one thing keeping me from PC gaming is that each dollar I spend that is over what it costs to buy a consol, the more angry I will be when the game I'm playing

A) Decides not to work for whatever reason
B)Requires me to turn down the graphics because my consol can't handel it.

Also is that fact that when I buy a consol, the games will keep looking and playing better, and I don't have to upgrade my machine. I've had my current Xbox since 2007 and the games I play on it have never looked better. I highly doubt that I can get that some kind of milage on a PC and still have that level of graphical consistency.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I'm honestly not sure that I will buy a console, at least not initially.
The transition into the new console generation feels like it's going to be slow, especially with Microsoft saying that they're going to still support the 360 for like 5 more years.
I'm going to wait to see how the transition into the 4k realm happens on the PC, if it goes smoothly I'll probably stick to PC and pick up a PS4 well into the future when it's been discounted for the few exclusives, but even then there's going to have to be a good chunk of exclusives for me to buy a console. With the new infrastructures I'm wondering if the exclusives will drop to a point where the buy in won't be worth it.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Why not? Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, decent consoles gotta be played.
haha, i like this one :)

it's true though, as the old addage goes, 'build it, and they shall come' basically if something's decent it's going to attract interest

as for me..
i'm still on the fence, i skipped ps3/360 gen for pc gaming i 'might' go for a ps4 but there's no way i'm buying the peeping tom box and the wii just doesn't seem targeted at me, it has a few decent titles but i can't help but feel it's a child's toy somehow and i can't put my finger on why...

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Hmmm lets see

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3 (possibly never finished the others)
Mirror's Edge 2
Star Wars Battlefront

Probably gonna be more than that. Too bad Halo is on the xbox :(

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Kingdom Hearts III.

And those other exclusives. I was sold on a PS4 already, but Kingdom Hearts III alone could have sold me even if I had been vehemently against buying a PS4.