Why Are You Buying a Console?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I was going to get one for splitscreen playing. However, I'm not interested in any of the new ones.
Now I just hope they add the feature to more pc games.
They've been phasing it out of console play anyway.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
N3squ1ck said:
Let's see:
Importing games that are either banned or censored in Germany (publishers started to block foreign steam codes in Germany)
This is actually one major reason not to buy a xboxone if you live in such a country.

I simply love the plug and play of consoles without any complications of hardware or driver troubles besides i`m pretty much out of the loop since 2005 when it comes to pcs. I guess i switch when there`s no reason for a console at all (DRM, buying licenses instead of disks, region locked content or games).

Cameron Everett

Apr 2, 2010
None, all the games I want to play in the next few years are coming out for PC, and I'd much rather spend 250.00 on a decent video card upgrade.

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
I might buy a console, if the exclusives are good enough. Kingdom hearts is a big attractor, as well as This game [http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/02/ducktales-remastered-has-expanded-story]. The order looks pretty interesting, as does watchdogs and destiny. I'll wait on FF15 until reviews. Some other exclusives look interesting.
As a PC player, I'm rather interested in what the PS4 will bring.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
I'll keep a lookout for any decent exclusives that might persuade me to a buy a next gen console. Right now the Last of Us is making me regret selling my PS3. Maybe if Destiny turns out to be decent I might be persuaded to shell out for a console again.

Also, some other games of interest are:

Ryse: Son of Rome for the Xbone looks like it could be fun. Though that might just be because I really love the time frame of the game. It does look a bit over the top at times though which could be a deal breaker for me.

As Quantum Break is developed by remedy I do have high hopes that this might be something to look out for, although the information released so far has been limited.

And yes I like Halo. Please don't kill me.

I hope the PS4 is going to catch up with some exclusives I would enjoy but besides perhaps Killzone there is nothing that interests me yet.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
I just won't be able to say no to whatever Naughty Dog releases next, so I'm getting a PS4 sooner or later. I'd love to play Quantum Break, I bought my 360 mostly for Alan Wake, but even Remedy can't get me to buy an Xbox this time, especially since chances are good that it will be on PC as well eventually.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
OldDirtyCrusty said:
This is actually one major reason not to buy a xboxone if you live in such a country.

I simply love the plug and play of consoles without any complications of hardware or driver troubles besides i`m pretty much out of the loop since 2005 when it comes to pcs. I guess i switch when there`s no reason for a console at all (DRM, buying licenses instead of disks, region locked content or games).
Yeah, that's mostly why I side with the PS4 and against most kinds of DRM and streaming services.

Also that whole plug and play business was the second big thing consoles had over the PC, putting the disk in and play it, no installing, no entering of an 25 digit code, but the last gen changed that, and it did it worse.

I still want a PS4 because of importing stuff (could have never enjoyed games like Saits Row 2 (German version was just a nono and foreign versions were blocked on steam) without my friendly PS3)

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I will be waiting for about a year before deciding which console to go for, as after a year I would be able to weigh up which console has the exclusives that appeal the most to me and consoles usually go down in price. This year I will be getting a Nintendo 3DS so I can get Phoenix Wright: Dual destinies and a couple of other games I have had my eye on.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Well, the PS4 has a bunch of exclusives that I really want to play once they come out. Sony did a really good job of making me excited for their console.

I would love to further upgrade my computer and certainly plan on doing so, but I would also like a platform to play games on that doesn't require too much fiddling. Sometimes I'm simply not in the mood to fiddle around with my computer just to get a game to work.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Since I work on a PC that needs to be beefy for work may as well play games on it too so that's the better value hands down. Though in terms of handhelds their value is super high, love my GBA SP, PSP, PSV.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Definitely for more gaming experiences. I'll be keeping my PS3 for the 300 or so new titles they have coming out for it and I'll be getting the PS4 & WiiU to play the new next-gen titles the way I want to.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
I still like having a physical library of games and playing games on tv with a controller is easiest with a console. Consoles are also easier to set up than my laptop. Plus I'm looking forward to a few of Sony's features (if they work) like streaming games to the psvita. And a lot of games like jrpgs never come to pc

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
N3squ1ck said:
Yeah, that's mostly why I side with the PS4 and against most kinds of DRM and streaming services.

Also that whole plug and play business was the second big thing consoles had over the PC, putting the disk in and play it, no installing, no entering of an 25 digit code, but the last gen changed that, and it did it worse.

I still want a PS4 because of importing stuff (could have never enjoyed games like Saits Row 2 (German version was just a nono and foreign versions were blocked on steam) without my friendly PS3)
Yes, the USK has loosen up a bit over the last five years but still games are getting cutted or released without the original english voices (thanks Bethesda, every damn time). Gladly this won`t be a problem, bist übrigens nicht der einzige Deutsche ;).