Why are YOU losing faith in humanity?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Razada said:
Nobody gives a shit and those that do are self righteous pricks.

That is why I lost faith in humanity.

The fact that there are three kinds of person. Those that are intelligent and miserable, those that are intelligent and happy but utter bastards and those that are ignorant.

The ignorant need to educate themselves and then they join one of the other two kinds of human. Everyone falls into those categories.

I lost faith in humanity when I realised that all of us are either bastards out for themselves or victims at the mercy of the bastards. We all sit here looking at our screens, thinking up witty responses and preparing to tear each other down. And whilst I type this people die. And none of us give a fuck.

Lets say this post took... 4 minutes. 4 minutes is 240 seconds.

48 children died of starvation.
16 died of diarrhea.

Do any of us care? Not really, No.

400 woman and children get raped in the Congo every single year.

Every 10 days a child in Britain dies at the hands of their parents or legal guardians.

30 million people lose their homes every single year.

If America spent its entire military budget on relieving poverty for a single year there would be noone living beneath the poverty line.

The reason I lost faith in humanity? Look at yourself. If you already knew those statistics, do you ever thinking about them? Have you ever cried over the deaths of hundreds? If you did not know them, did learning them change your day at all? Are you going to life a finger to help anyone?

No.
and are you?

anyway thats not a fault in humanity...thats science here have a read: http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html

fact is we literally cannot comprehend things on such a large scale...or one death is a tragedy a million is a statistic

anyway I havnt lost faith in humanity because Im rather happy generally, and Im not so morrally ritghtous I belive the rest of humanity somhow beneth me, there are problems yes, there always will be

also would you belive the Media loves to focus on the negative...posative stuff happens too..

http://www.cracked.com/blog/8-tiny-things-that-stopped-suicides/

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
I don't have any expectations from humans at all, thus my faith in humanity can never be harmed. However, I attempt each day to improve myself and indeed remove all of my flaws that I may search & destroy.

I wonder, if anyone follows this example though, excluding myself...

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Why are YOU losing faith in humanity?
Because since the Dawn of Man we haven't changed a bit. We use advanced technologies and conquer the skies, but there are still poor and enormously rich, we still fear same things, and put our faith in illusions.

Oh, and now we have weapons of mass destruction. That's surely a change.

michael_ab

Jun 22, 2009
retyopy said:
So these threads have been popping up like...like... moles, I guess? Ah well. I started down that road and now I must pay the price! But I figure, you don't want to hear someone else moan about their problems. YOU want to moan about YOUR problems! or at least why you despise every human ever.

Now go. Post out on the wide, wide internet. Spread your ideas to the wind and watch as some troll eats them. But that can't keep trhem down! They will burst from that trolls belly in a shower of green slime and fly, fly AAAAAWWWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Personally, I'm losing faith in humanity 'cause that's what the cool kids are doing, and I've got to be hip, yo dawg.
here's a good reason http://pastorstahl.blogspot.com/2010/09/putting-atheists-on-national-registry.html

Vagabond_Samurai

Dec 22, 2009
michael_ab said:
retyopy said:
So these threads have been popping up like...like... moles, I guess? Ah well. I started down that road and now I must pay the price! But I figure, you don't want to hear someone else moan about their problems. YOU want to moan about YOUR problems! or at least why you despise every human ever.

Now go. Post out on the wide, wide internet. Spread your ideas to the wind and watch as some troll eats them. But that can't keep trhem down! They will burst from that trolls belly in a shower of green slime and fly, fly AAAAAWWWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Personally, I'm losing faith in humanity 'cause that's what the cool kids are doing, and I've got to be hip, yo dawg.
here's a good reason http://pastorstahl.blogspot.com/2010/09/putting-atheists-on-national-registry.html
Reminds me of the conversation I had with a Mormon missionary about why I am an atheist. Anyway, to the question of the thread; how do you define humanity, or faith? One must be precise with such matters.

tremonster12

Nov 8, 2009
I lost it because I realised that we humans don't care about advancing, changing, or shaping the world as we are to go and see the next Twilight or Transformer movie. We don't care about outer space but we do care about what a bunch of people from New Jersey are doing weekly. So I just stopped caring about humanity because I knew it would be for the better.

Mar 28, 2011
People aspire to be like people with sub 80 IQ's. Idolizing reality TV stars.

Aesthetics and 'beauty' add value to the worth of a person, across the board and in all aspects of life.

Guys in skinny jeans, with seemingly no penis, always seem to be with thee hottest chicks.

Fashion codes dictate musical tastes.... Musical tastes dictate fashion codes.

You could be a better guitarist than Jimmy Paige and Eric Clapton combined..... and not get a record deal, because you don't look pleasing to the teenage demographic.

Exams are easier..... colleges and university courses are easier.

Ninety percent of games can be completed in a day or two with ease... which pretty much makes them interactive movies.

It's 2011 and laws, international policies, wars, economies and medical research are affected by stories about mad men who heard voices in the desert 2000 years ago.

I'll be here all day.... Think I'll just stop.

P.S. People, with English as their first language. Still use your and you're incorrectly. Even after contractions have been explained to them; in detail.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
tremonster12 said:
I lost it because I realised that we humans don't care about advancing, changing, or shaping the world as we are to go and see the next Twilight or Transformer movie. We don't care about outer space but we do care about what a bunch of people from New Jersey are doing weekly. So I just stopped caring about humanity because I knew it would be for the better.
of coarse we advence I mean look at how big the internet has become in like 10 years....thats a pretty big fucking deal if you ask me

and technology and everything? why the hell does everyone generalise EVERYONE....thats just stupid, you think all those scientists today dont care about advancing? honestly this thing really baffles me

so what if the "masses" arnt interested in science? you realise thats the way it pretty much ALWAYS has been

somtimes the escapist really makes me lose faith in humanity

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Generic Gamer said:
Twilight_guy said:
I don't know some sort of leetspeak thing where you use "1" instead of "i," I think.
Nah, it's to imply someone's so worked up that they're not hitting shift before they press the exclamation mark.
Yeah, I knid of figured, but does anyone actaully continually hit the letter and the shift key simultaenously? Why not just hold it down?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
austincharlesbond said:
Well over a billion humans are starving everyday, and people still believe in god.

And circumcision. It's ethically and logically wrong on so many levels.
really? those are your answers?

jkarkov

Mar 12, 2010
Losing faith? How about lost my faith already. I've just given up on humanity (for now) and something great will have to happen to restore my faith in humanity, but generally speaking the human race has done nothing that makes me believe that we are capable of any form of "good".

Craig Cameron

Jun 8, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
My copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution didn't arrive.

And it's a bank holiday weekend.

Which means I won't see my copy until Tuesday.

[HEADING=2]WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!![/HEADING]
I find myself in that same boat also so "^this"

but Honestly I've worked in a bar/club every Saturday night for the past 7 months collecting glasses and spent those nights trying to do my job the best I can while being bumped, shoved, jostled, danced with (as in grabbed and thrown around) and looked down upon by people who entirely consist of designer clothes, fake tan and dyed hair. The kind of people who if you did that same thing to them at their work (That is if they even have a job) they'd complain.

Sure not everyone is an inconsiderate waste of a human life and that's probably why I haven't attempted to kill anyone yet but my point stands that these are the type of people I see around me everyday and I loose the will to believe that there people worth their salt, people who work hard and aren't dicks.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
The internet breeds angst and misery usually conceived out of loneliness and boredom, while it is nice to have a place to vent it has become acceptable to let out all of your emotions on the internet instead of letting the feelings pass.

Personally I often get into funks but find that the Internet isn't a good source of advice usually the responses sound like Yoko Ono wrote them:

"I am depressed": Join a club! Write down your feelings and bury them!

"I can't get it up" : I know how you feel....except I have not slept with a girl because I am on the Internet!

Essentially: Internet=Forever Alonew

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
GraveeKing said:
Here comes the hatred... 'America' and especially patriotic feelings about the country in general. It just makes no sense to me after all that's happened, the troubles there. The government... the rescission, all that and people can still somehow feel pride for their country? These days I don't think any country really deserves patriotism, we're all being pretty useless in this day and age.
This. I mean, it's not as if we were the first species to develop civilisation. And going to the Moon is hardly any reason to be proud, every species is doing it.
[sub] I hope you don't need this, but it was sarcasm. Humanity rocks! [/sub]

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Doclector said:
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
Doclector said:
I am losing my faith because it always seems that most people simply want something out of you. "Good for the sake of good" is dead, it seems.
You mean to tell me that it was alive at some point?

:(
Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that it should be alive but isn't. More concerningly, is whilst people need a reason, a reward, to be good, they never seem to need such reasons to be evil.
You say "they" here but are you truly any different?

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
"Yar, everything isn't perfect so I lose faith in almost 7 billion people". Seriously, the melodrama here is rampant.