Why are YOU losing faith in humanity?

PeacanPie

Jan 17, 2011
The fact that birth rates in developed countries continue to plummet to the point where it has reached an average of 1.0 many asian and european countries. I suppose that could be a very legitimate concern for humanity in the future.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Let's see...
- Conservatives got in
- Jack Thompson hasnt been renderd mute
- Vodafone didnt have to pay a few bil and they went on a country-sponsored holiday
- There are fundamentalists
- Ron L Hubbard hasnt been arrested for fraud
- Half the world is run by corporations
- There are people who belive aids dosent exsist in the most aids-stricken part of the world
- People dont want wind turbines because "they look ugly"
- Justin Beiber was given Artist of the Year
...shall I go on?

Cleariously

Mar 25, 2011
Have I lost faith in all of humanity? Of course not. Have I lost faith in most of humanity? Hell yes. Because the majority of people are ignorant and stupid. Simple as that. There are a few genuinely nice people out there, but it's not easy finding them.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
PeacanPie said:
The fact that birth rates in developed countries continue to plummet to the point where it has reached an average of 1.0 many asian and european countries. I suppose that could be a very legitimate concern for humanity in the future.
The lower the birth rate the better.

Lionsfan1986

Oct 20, 2008
no I was refering to an Eagles player not a bills player. I don't even remember hearing anything about a bills player. Not that i'm saying wrong, but that wasn't who I was thinking of.

PeacanPie

Jan 17, 2011
Amphoteric said:
PeacanPie said:
The lower the birth rate the better.
Not really. If the birth rate is at 1.0 and it continues to be so the population will decrease rapidly. In which case, if the trend continued for enough time humanity could end.
But I don't really gaf, it's not my issue who on the other side of the world chooses to breed.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Doclector said:
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
Doclector said:
Doclector said:
I am losing my faith because it always seems that most people simply want something out of you. "Good for the sake of good" is dead, it seems.
You mean to tell me that it was alive at some point?

:(
Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that it should be alive but isn't. More concerningly, is whilst people need a reason, a reward, to be good, they never seem to need such reasons to be evil.
You say "they" here but are you truly any different?
I'd say yes, but only others could truly know. I don't do good for no reason so much anymore, because it proved itself difficult to maintain emotionally. It ain't fun to serve others when no one serves you. Still, I do it when it is most important. As for being evil, I do bad things, but I do them for good reasons.
Ah, so you stopped doing things out of your own kindness because people didn't do so in return.
You see? Even you did things expecting something back. Even though it was merely kindness, you wanted something in return. All humans are like this and always have been so there's nothing to complain about here seeing as you are the same. Just as me. We aren't necessarily selfish because of this though, all it means is that there are very few saints in the world.

You don't always have to give up of yourself for people, just be fair to them and don't hurt them. Do to them what you would want for yourself and you've done your bit.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
priestswearseatbelts said:
Aesthetics and 'beauty' add value to the worth of a person, across the board and in all aspects of life.
This idea, some might say, fueled the Renaissance and helped people to unload some of the guilt and self loathing they'd been taught by medieval Christianity.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
God, this thread just refuses to die, doesn't it? People might not have faith in humanity, but they do appear to have faith in this thread.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Toriver said:
I'll never lose my faith in humanity.

Humanity is good. Certain humans are idiots.
QFT.

Stole the words from my mouth keyboard.

There are awesome things everywhere every day, and if they aren't happening near you, they're happening near somebody else, but they are always happening.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
CannibalRobots said:
I'm not, because I'm not a moron who thinks his problems are actually that bad, self righteous bastards.
Do you people not get this? This is a joke thread, as in a joke. You know. To joke about.

Also, I'm going to alter what you said so that you sound evil. For the lulz.

CannibalRobots said:
I like to eat babies and orphans and I worship hitler. Also I'm evil.
That was fun!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Doclector said:
Doclector said:
Doclector said:
I am losing my faith because it always seems that most people simply want something out of you. "Good for the sake of good" is dead, it seems.
You mean to tell me that it was alive at some point?

:(
Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that it should be alive but isn't. More concerningly, is whilst people need a reason, a reward, to be good, they never seem to need such reasons to be evil.
You say "they" here but are you truly any different?
I'd say yes, but only others could truly know. I don't do good for no reason so much anymore, because it proved itself difficult to maintain emotionally. It ain't fun to serve others when no one serves you. Still, I do it when it is most important. As for being evil, I do bad things, but I do them for good reasons.
Ah, so you stopped doing things out of your own kindness because people didn't do so in return.
You see? Even you did things expecting something back. Even though it was merely kindness, you wanted something in return. All humans are like this and always have been so there's nothing to complain about here seeing as you are the same. Just as me. We aren't necessarily selfish because of this though, all it means is that there are very few saints in the world.

You don't always have to give up of yourself for people, just be fair to them and don't hurt them. Do to them what you would want for yourself and you've done your bit.
I didn't really expect kindness back, but i mean it was literally too tiring. To watch other people happy because of your actions, but to still be miserable yourself is agony. And besides that, people can use someone who always helps others to their advantage, and they don't always tell the truth. I guess in a way, I didn't expect a reward, but I didn't expect to be punished either. Truth be told, because of that, I don't expect people to serve others all the time, like I once did, but I expect them to do it when it is truly important.

That's another reason we're going downhill as a species, though. No one feels guilty anymore. No one punishes themselves, or even recognises that they have done wrong. Moral crimes go unpunished, and thus there is little to stop people choosing the low road. Although to wallow in regret is useless, to feel guilt for your actions is crucial to being a good person.

iseeyouthere

Jan 21, 2010
http://www.customerssuck.com/board/
http://notalwaysright.com/
http://clientsfromhell.net/

These stories make me die a bit inside.
Read a few... then your faith in humanity can join mine in jumping in front of a bus together.

Vegan_Doodler

May 29, 2011
CannibalRobots said:
I'm not, because I'm not a moron who thinks his problems are actually that bad, self righteous bastards.
Because of ass holes like these who's knee jerk reaction to people expressing their opinion or asking a question they don't like is unnecessary, stupid, aggression.

By don't use the word 'self-righteous' until you've learnt what it means http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-righteous, moron.

Stako

Apr 2, 2011
Because Diablo 3 isn't out yet.

Just joking.

Because probably Diablo 3 won't be out this year.

Seriously now, there are so many reasons, personal and global, that it would take a lot of time to actually answer this question (though I have the strange feeling that I already have, so I'm planning to just stick around griefing over the fact that the place for Diablo 3 still is free on my game shelf).

ImSuperCerealGaiz

Aug 30, 2011
No matter what a person is doing they believe it to be the 'right' thing to do. The despot and the humanitarian both think they're doing good, or at least what's right or is necessary for the greater good.I've come to sum up this occurrence in a single phrase "their heart's are in the right place, but their head's up their ass." I've always found that comforting.