Why Cartoonnetwork? Why?

Ajaysallthat

Jul 17, 2009
wikicated said:
Ajaysallthat said:
wikicated said:
the only new show i kinda enjoy is chowder(plz dont stone me to death for that one) .
I would like to throw the first stone, or roll the first boulder, whichever hurts more!
why decide when u can throw both =D
Good Point...why stop at stones we have technology *Throws Computer, monitor, and keyboard, stone, and boulder*

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
infernovolver said:
When a pokemon episode got banned for having a gun pointed at Ash's head,
What makes it worse is he gets MULTIPLE guns pointed at him in an episode that did not get banned.

The squirtle squad one? He's trying to get a super potion from the shop, and he runs in after Team Rocket rob the place, and he says "I need a super potion, quick!" and the shopkeepers aim guns at him.

bluepilot said:
I can remember when I was young watching cartoons in the 90s I watched all these great shows like darkwing duck, rescue rangers, captain planet.
Captain Planet was great?

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
Darkside360 said:
Pussification of the world as I call it. People demanding more fuzzy shows to protect the "innocent" children. God I really loathe this generation of kids.
I agree with you there. It seems like each generation becomes more complacent, lazy, bratty and generally fucked up than the next. All this lovey-fluffy-over-protect-the-children shit is doing nothing if not worsening the issue. Kids DO have to learn some things for themselves, no matter how many times the parent tells them about it. Back in my day, you learned that the freaking stove was hot because you put your dumb little fingers on it and got burned. And I'm not even talking about that long ago... I'm only 20 for crissakes. Also, I watched Looney Tunes since before I could walk--which is apparently too violent for kids nowadays--but I was fucking smart enough to understand the difference between slapstick fantasy and actually hitting someone in the face with an anvil. I didn't 'learn violent behavior' because of it... if anything I learned to recognize bits of Classical music.

This trend is really pissing me off.

Not to mention throwing creativity out of the window. "Hey look kids, this is what people your age SHOULD be doing, nevermind self-exploration and imagination." It's not just CN... it's all kid-viewer networks anymore.

OK, I'm done. If I keep going on these disjointed little tangents, it'll degrade into curse words and frothing at the mouth.

Volothos

Dec 31, 2008
you better make it six
we need the 21 gun salute, any veterans in the house?
I'm in JROTC, does that count?

Seriously, The present Cartoon Network is a steaming pile of shit compared to how it was years ago... it pains me to see how such a great channel can go so low.

The shows I miss:
Ed, Edd, n Eddy
Zoids
Samurai Jack
Megas XLR
Tom and Jerry (I think I have the first movies laying around somewhere)
Dexters Lab
Looney Toons
Dragon Ball Z
Tenchi Series

The Toonami TIE Events(THESE WERE AWESOME)
and others I fail to remember...sadly.

R.I.P Classic Cartoon Network. You will be missed.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
Ajaysallthat said:
wikicated said:
the only new show i kinda enjoy is chowder(plz dont stone me to death for that one) .
I would like to throw the first stone, or roll the first boulder, whichever hurts more!

EDIT: i also LOVED dexters lab and CN should be killed for taking it off the air! That was a show with mental stimulation!
to first, please see my argument above

Apr 28, 2008
Cartoon Network is limping on its last leg, and that leg is adult swim. And even that is limping. Seriously, what the fuck happened to Mission Hill?!

Looking back at what cartoon network was, and now looking at what it is... it is sad.
All the shows that have gone...

I shed a tear for them *sheds tear*
Good night, sweet princes...

Cartoon Network needs to dedicate a week to all of its old shows.

Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
Johnny Bravo
Samurai Jack
Megas XLR
Courage the Cowerdly Dog
Dragon Ball Z
Dexter's Lab
Toonami
Ruroni Kenshin
The old Pokemon series

and many, many more

sorry, the "..." denotes me sniffling and trying not to cry...
I need a hug :(

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
infernovolver said:
I think they killed it when they got rid of Toonami. When a pokemon episode got banned for having a gun pointed at Ash's head, but they have marathons of loony toons where characters get horribly mutilated with a number of weapons (including guns). When they aired Out Of Jimmy's Head (the most god-awful LIVE ACTION show ever on -CARTOON- Network). When they keep on producing more and more garbage American made cartoons, with the most repetitive and predictable character archetypes ever. When they stopped airing anime. When better shows come on the Jet Stream then their TV broadcast, and when they take those shows off JetStream. Yeah. They've done me wrong a number of times. /sighs

Remember the days...
wait a minute an episode of poke' mon was banned because Ash got gun pointed at him???
They do realize that this is the same generation that gets to turn cops into big O' piles giblets every christmas right???

By the by, the thought of ash getting his brains blown out of his head while a baddy goes "Smith&Weson I choose you." puts a huge smile on my face.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
I miss the old cartoons like "The Angry Beavers" "Rocko's Modern Life" "Hey Arnold" (I know they're from Nick). They had alot of satire and messages in them, but now it seems like cartoons are just inane babbling so parents don't have to deal with their kids for half an hour.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
you really do need to be a child to fully appreciate it tbh, I have watched it with younger cousins and with older cynicism, it just dont work

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
stiver said:
It's nostalgia. Just like the generation before looks on your generation with detest, you look on the next generation.
actully i can fit in with the current CN generation ( even though a was still a kid waith the last one where it showed jonny bravo samuri jack etc, i was like 4 years old) i do agree it is shit

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
The only things I watch now on cartoon network is Bleach, Robot Chicken, and sometimes Squidbillies. I HATE all the new live show. And who the hell thinks Tom and Eric or any of that crap is funny. I can find better things to watch on Youtube because if it sucks, I know nobody got paid.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Well, when I was little I used to watch Cartoon Network a lot, for the good stuff. Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory, Ed Edd and Eddy, I Am Weasel, latterly Codename: Kids Next Door and Code Lyoko, and Samurai Jack. To name but a few. Yeah, I watched a lot of cartoons as a kid. After I started to head into my teens, I moved to Nickalodeon for, among others, The Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, Zoey 101 and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide. I also watched a few things on the Disney Channel, like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and I'll admit, a few episodes occasionally of Hannah Montana. Bear in mind this was when I was very bored, and a couple of years ago too.

Now, you'll all be wondering what that whole paragraph was about, right? What was the point? No? Huh? Oh, alright then. Well, I'll tell you anyway, hah. Basically I liked Cartoon Network when I was little, then moved to other things. But just recently, being at home from university with no job and nothing to do, I decided to start watching some more of the old shows I used to love. Fine, a fair bit of Disney and Nick, but I also went back to Cartoon Network simply for the new Scooby Doo stuff, and X-Men Evolution. And everything else is changed. The old stuff is still on occasionally, but there's a lot more anime and a lot more new stuff that I just can't get into. And so I spend more time watching the new Disney shows now than watching my old favourites.

The fact is, Cartoon Network has moved on. I used to watch the greats, and that was good. But now I'm older I don't watch Cartoon Network much any more. We need to make way for the younger kids who are starting to watch it now, and they have different tastes to us. It's like music. The older generation loved their classics, and now they complain about the newer artists that we're all into and pop up in the charts so often. Things change, and that's all there is to it.

bowserboy26578

Oct 23, 2008
well wow, i didn't even know people were still writing in this topic. Thanks everyone. At least everyone gets my point.

Jindrak

Jan 11, 2008
Drake the Dragonheart said:
heck I even liked Batman Beyond
I loved Batman Beyond. Also, Batman TAS, Spiderman TAS, Superman TAS, Static Shock, these were great cartoons. Superhero cartoons set to rock and hiphop music, not the horrific stuff you see today.

Nikita89

May 24, 2008
They even had CN in Romania after the revolution. It was on English (well duuuh...!), so watching it made me love and learn the language.

The characters were great back then... Loved Courage most for his weirdness :)
It all went downhill since 2004 (?)

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
They've just run out of ideas recently, hopefully that'll change in the near future but until then... BRING BACK DEXTERS LAB!!!