Why did so many people have issues with the Capra demon?

Zahri

Dec 15, 2008
Dark Souls question, but it still holds. The bloody thing could never down my stamina bar, and I always made sure to dodge roll out of the way of its strong attack. It was rather silly, really.

Was it that I was playing on a dex based character? Did I get lucky?

I'm honestly curious, he seemed like a pushover. o.o Any insight?

Edit: Can I have a jalapeno? :D

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I have no idea, then again I went the wrong way and ended up killing the Moonlight butterfly and the Stray Demon before I knew that this guy even EXISTED.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
THOSE FUCKING DOGS

But seriously, the dogs would pin me down and I couldn't even roll away so I was just a little sitting duck ;~;

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Once I kind of figured out the layout of the room (2 deaths) I owned him. He isn't much cop once you get his doggies down.

I think a lot of people might of missed the shortcut to the first bonfire and so they were running and having to kill those six thieves and dogs over and over. I can imagine how that could be frustrating.

But yeah the boss itself wasn't tough at all for me (Sorceress) I expected it to be because of not much room to move but I was fine.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I wouldn't say he's the most difficult boss in the game, but he can be tricky for most players that have no idea what they're in for. Really the only hard part in my opinion is taking out the dogs so they don't harass you the entire fight.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Well the limited room didn't help . And it depends how used to the game you are at that point . Remember not everyone plays the same . Some have low stam , some low health , some low both . I personally never dodged ( EVER) . People have different playstyles. Some played demons souls and knew what to expect , some didn't . Some were higher levels than others . Theres so many different factors .

I was a bandit ( worst class ever) using the gorgoyle axe ( worst weapon ever). I did have trouble with it a bit , but thank goodness i had high life and endurance.

fireaura08

Apr 10, 2012
The fucking dogs with their stunlocking antics. He's really easy once they're out of the way.
That, and the bad camera angles. =.="

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
The dogs...and then the inevitable poisoning if you weren't careful. And then the Capra Demon would corner you, and then the camera would fuck itself and you couldn't see a thing. He wasn't hard if you could just tank damage but fuck, I gave up on playing as a caster at that point.
Dogs, poor camera and tight space. The boss itself wasn't hard, but the design choices made it hard

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
the boss and the dogs are easy if you use the steps, what made that boss hard is that they attack you assoon as you enter so you have no chance to think up a plan

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Well. Nobody told me that this was the first boss who you could block the attacks of. When I realized that it made fighting him a lot easier.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
It's the dogs that made the Capra Demon a nightmare. I always try to run or dodge my way past 'em, then walk over to the tiny ledge and finish everything off at my leisure. But the confined quarters and the fact that the Capra Demon's blades are huge in addition to the demon himself being quick as lightning - dodging is easier said than done.

He's a cheap boss, but a few drop-attacks soon fixes his wagon. :)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The dogs... The fahking dogs man! They just lock you down for the big ass Demon Sword Ownage Move to destroy you.

Once the dogs are dead you can just attack the guy, drop off the stairs, run round and do it again 'til he's dead no problem.

The dogs man. The dogs.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Those damn dogs! If you don't dodge/kill them in the first few seconds you're screwed, at least for my thief/wanderer characters. The boss is easy as hell though, one aural decoy and a few headshots and he's done.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
For many gamers, the Capra demon was the gateway boss that divided (forgive my corniness) the men from the boys. This was the one point many gamers gave up, but those who defeated him went on to beat the game.

I'd say out of all the boss fight, fatman and little boy had to be the worst...lol

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
The entire fight is decided in the first few seconds. You walk in for the first tiem and take your first look at him then the dogs pin you down and he kills you.
If you surive those first few seconds when he lunges then he is pretty easy but for someone who isn't sure what to do it can be frustrating as you are killed before being able to analyse him, it took me a few deathes just to notice the dogs and the staircase.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Because he instantly fucking bum-rushes you and has demon dogs looking to rape you.
Once you know the layout he's easy though.

WolfLord

Nov 8, 2011
Capra was easy once the dogs die. I just ran up the steps and plunge attacked him 3 times in a row. I didn't even know it was a boss people were having a hard time with. Im still stuck on the gaping dragon, got 2 npcs killed and haven't gotten around to fighting it again.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Nomanslander said:
For many gamers, the Capra demon was the gateway boss that divided (forgive my corniness) the men from the boys. This was the one point many gamers gave up, but those who defeated him went on to beat the game.

I'd say out of all the boss fight, fatman and little boy had to be the worst...lol
Oh good god, I hated Ornstein and Smough. Those two would have had even the Dalai Lama chewing his controller in frustration. But I'm glad I stuck with it though, taking them down was seriously satisfying to the point where I couldn't help but shout a rather jubilent "fuck yeah!"

Mind you, the Four Kings were almost as bad.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
I had no trouble. The first time i saw him, I died, but since then I have always beated him.

Now the Four Kings... that is bullshit, especially if you are not a straight up warrior.