Why did you choose your username?

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
It's one of the two standard usernames that I pick for forums.

It's from a bad 90s fantasy novel (it was the alternate name of the main character). The book wasn't really a particular favourite of mine, I just happened to like the name.

Alrom

Jan 7, 2013
One of the first things I started doing in the internet a long time ago was to be a "rom backup" - I had folders full of roms so in case any of the download links went down I could reupload them. My username on those forums was "all-rom"

I was also playing final fantasy X at that time.

When I started playing MMOs I had to create a username but everything I tried was already takens. Then I combined my forum username with my favoutire FFX character.

all-rom + Auron= Alrom.

And I shall use this username until the end times!

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
Because I'm a morbid freak of nature, I chose the name of an ancient god from the kingdom of Ammon (part of present day Jordan). This particular chap accepted human sacrifice as a form of worship, hence the 'Sacrifice' component.

All in all, a very cheerful username.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
PS3 came out, my dad bought one and let me play it, and I really like Metal Gear Solid, so I named my PSN account and every online account afterwards for years AnthrSolidSnake.

The problem was, it was supposed to be "AnotherSolidSnake", however PSN and most online networks don't allow that many characters, so most of my accounts ended up being "AnthrSolidSnake", or "AnothrSolidSnake".

However today I use the username LetLiveEverything after the youtube channel I created a few years ago and did nothing with except a few crappy videos, most of which I locked. I just made an Escapist Account before I started the youtube account.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
I've used the name Bluff forever - like, since I was a four year old playing Pokemon Red. I can't remember why though, perhaps I had just learned the word around the same time I started playing Red and thought it sounded cool.

The "Simple" part I added in much later, only because the word "Bluff" on its own was already taken in an online game I was playing (I think it was Guild Wars). There's no reason for it, it's the first thing that came to mind that didn't sound stupid.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
I picked mine not because it was the user name Gotham wanted but it was the user name Gotham needed....
Nah I got it off a beer can.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Vegeta was my favorite character in DBZ, which earned me the nickname "Vegos" from my geek friends. I'm also a fan of Asterix the Gaul. And I just kind of mashed the two together.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I've liked drow ever since playing Curse of the Azure Bonds as a child (they looked cool, had one of the toughest single enemies in the game, and some of the best equipment). So the first time I ever played the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop game, my first character ever created was a drow. Neutral-aligned.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Internet alias.
A very old nickname of mine was NegerDanne(NegroDan, kind of). After a few years I grew sick of it and went for DanielBrown, or DanneBrun which is a direct translation. Believe the origins of the nickname was that I lived in the ghetto-ish suburbs, while my friends all lived in the city. Could also come from that one time when I came out of a bathroom, drunk, without my pants on after scoring.

Ladies.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010
I move from place to place.... on the internet. It was mostly inspired by a STALKER avatar I liked (travelling soldier in Pripyat).

RariShyZealot

May 31, 2011
Because I am some kind of obsessed freak unable to accept any MLP ship except RariShy. (At least no other ships containing one of the two.)
I'm also known to my friends to use battle-cries from this little role-playing setting project I'm working on, based on the show. Which is a large part of where the "Zealot" Part comes from.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I am an engineer with an interest in Greek Mythology.
Hermes was the closest I could get to a patron of inventions...

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Azurelord707 said:
Because I am some kind of obsessed freak unable to accept any MLP ship except RariShy. (At least no other ships containing one of the two.)
I'm also known to my friends to use battle-cries from this little role-playing setting project I'm working on, based on the show. Which is a large part of where the "Zealot" Part comes from.
Huh? That's an interesting explanation but it doesn't really explain why you're called Azurelord707... correct me if I'm wrong but I can't see anything related to Rarity, Fluttershy or Zealot in your username :-/

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Well back in 2008 I had bought an Xbox 360 of my own (my brother and I had been sharing one prior) and needed my own Gamertag. At the time my game of choice was Halo 3 and I played as an Elite mostly so I figured something synonymous with "Alien Soldier" might be good, as long as it wasn't painfully generic. I came up with "Eldritch[footnote]A lot of people think I use eldritch as a Lovecraft reference but I've never actually read any of his work. It's just a cool word that means "otherworldly" or "alien".[/footnote] Warrior". Then somewhere along the line before I set up the gamertag I thought Warlord sounded better.

I'm actually surprised by how unique it is, I've never seen it anywhere else besides an obscure series of short stories.

Unkillable Cat said:
Many many years ago I had a cat that seemed to be able to survive a large number of things he shouldn't have. Nothing we did to him, he was just a bit of a risk taker and clumsy little sod, he had the agility of a cat with the balance and grace of a great dane. Sadly he was finally taken down by feline AIDS (he was a rescue cat, and not diagnosed until all his fur fell out) but even when he was bald and crapping blood he was still he happiest little creature I've ever encountered, hell he was even purring when we had him put down rather than let him suffer any more.
Purring doesn't indicate contentment or happiness. Cats purr all the time, even when distressed or in pain. Research suggests that the vibration strengthens muscle and bone.

Sorry for ruining the end of your story.

hermes200 said:
I am an engineer with an interest in Greek Mythology.
Hermes was the closest I could get to a patron of inventions...
Well he is the patron of inventors. I'd always thought of Hephaestus as a more appropriate patron of engineers though.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Because I tried making a username for some website years ago.

"This username is already in use."

And so, in a fit of annoyed self-deprication, I named myself after a line in an Archie comic that summed up how bad I was at this "username" thing.

It worked.

And thus was born a legend.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Basically, I just ran a random word generator until I found one that sounded cool and wasn't taken. My previous choice, "Luminous", failed on the second requirement, so here we are.

lacktheknack said:
And so, in a fit of annoyed self-deprication, I named myself after a line in an Archie comic that summed up how bad I was at this "username" thing.

It worked.

And thus was born a legend.
So the route of legendary hero "Ohforf'sake" [http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=3] then?