Why do males like playing in female character ?

Ninjaghostdog

May 4, 2009
Giggel psyhics of course.

No but seriously I only play as a girl if I have to.(Tomb Raider, Perfect Dark for example.)

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I usually play a male character so as to project myself onto my character's visage, but when I do play as a female,
I mean, damn.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
I play so many games as the macho/manly man's man, every once in a while I like to play as a lady. Not so much for the view, but moreover for the voice acting. I just like listening to ladies talk more than guys.

Fun captcha: attempt eturesti. What is eturesti and why must I attempt it?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Because sometimes the armour on a female look much better than the male armour.

EOD Tech

Dec 30, 2010
1. More fun to look at, especially in third person perspective.

2. The reactions of male NPS...lots of developers now put in differences in the way NPCs treat female characters. See Bethesda games for instance.

3. The whole point of gaming is to get outside yourself and live a life you never could (or only through great hardship). The more exotic and unrealistic the better, and for me that's playing as a chick. This reason is also why I don't like military shooters.

Cerzelo

Jul 27, 2010
I enjoy playing as females mainly because its very rare to see a kick-ass female protagonist in most media (Alice in the Resident Evil movies and Salt are the only too recent things I can think of but I am sure there are more), so its nice to be able to create it yourself in a game. I.e in Mass effect its cool to see my female kicking dudes asses.

Nifarious

Mar 15, 2010
because it's more effective than cross-dressing

and these guys who staunchly refuse to play as women but have female avatars are tooooo funny.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
ace_of_something said:
I don't. Partly because any role playing game in my house gets played twice once by me and once by my wife so i get to see or at least hear about the slightly different content for being a woman.

FYI Dragon Age has a much more heart rending ending if you're a female character. I hope that they will make the 'Warden' female in official cannon in later games.

JUMBO PALACE said:
I don't. I always play as a male character. I am a man, therefor I play as one in a game.
Said the guy with some chick as his avatar.
The Warden, if anything, will be canonically male because of Morrigan.

As for being a better view?
Hardly. It's imaginary. I find it hard to look at anything imaginary and go 'dat some sweet non-existant ass right there'.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I'm just gonna go with everyone else and say I'd rather watch a woman's ass than a man's for however long the game goes one. Though I tend to spend more time trying to perfect my character's look than I would if I were playing a male character. I figure if I'm picking a gender for looks, might as well spend some more time on them.
Whenever I play as a male character I'm like "whatever, default looks are fine, let's get to shooting some people".
I pick the female character and I spend an hour at the character creation screen, give up because I'm crap at getting anything good out of those things myself and look up sliders and save files on the internet for another hour before I find something I like.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
My games are usually third person perspective because first person gives me Virtual Motion Sickness. So it comes down to this, would I prefer to look as a guy's butt or a girl's butt for the next 20-50 hours?

In all seriousness, I play both genders because I like to see the story from both points of view.

Drentics

Apr 3, 2010
So the biggest argument for playing as a girl is that girl character models are sexier than guy character models
...and you get to look at them a lot.

stiffy

Mar 23, 2010
Because Jennifer Hale is a better voice actor than Mark Meer (and less of a Canadian accent). Sorey aboot that Canuks!