Why do people hate the army?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I honestly don't understand why people would hate the military assuming their relationship to their civilian population is anything like how it is in the US. Even if you don't agree with why they are fighting or what they are fighting for at the very least you can respect most of them for putting their lives on the line for doing what they think is right. The military is also a great alternative for those who have a financially rough future ahead of them.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
i have incredible respect for every man and women serving i the british armed forces they do incredible jobs
people say respect isn't given it is earned and i think the vast majority of the army has proven they deserve it

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
As a former Ranger, I usually ignore those shit for brains when it comes to the opinions, but when I do respond ill respond with, a big "Thank you for sharing your extreme wisdom" then I moved on with what I was doing, I don't even validate their existence with an irritated response, fuck those pussies.

fish iron4

Dec 6, 2010
Because people don't realise that without army's the world will be in utter chaos, sure they kill people but if someone else is trying to do the same too you what do you expect? but yes countries should stop spending so much on them and that some people don't deserve to be soldiers due to how they commit atrocious acts such as killing unarmed civilians.

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
I don't hate my country's army, I hate the US army. They recently killed 24 Pakistani soldiers(your allies) in Salalah and the US has still not apologized, yet it apologised to India for detaining Saharukh Khan at the airport for a few hours.
Other than that, they forced Pakistan into a war that was not our own (Musharraff claims that he was told that Pakistan would be "bombed back to the stone age" if we did not join) and forced refugees and terrorists towards our country from Afghanistan. Even the Pakistani Taliban leaders operate from Afghanistan, yet the US always shouts to us "do more, do more", while we do the most among all countries in this entire war.

Alon Doron

Mar 7, 2012
As an Israeli who rides buses with soldiers equipped with M-16 guns, daily, on my way to school, I believe the people who hate the army are just not engaged enough with what's going on with their countries. They either don't care or they don't know someone who's in the army (or both).
That's my theory, anyway.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
mxfox408 said:
As a former Ranger, I usually ignore those shit for brains when it comes to the opinions, but when I do respond ill respond with, a big "Thank you for sharing your extreme wisdom" then I moved on with what I was doing, I don't even validate their existence with an irritated response, fuck those pussies.
Thank you for your non confrontational response that helps both sides of the discussion reach reasonable discourse. This no doubt will elevate the discussion to new horizons for us all. If only all former soldiers could be as polite and respectable of other peoples opinions as you are. You are a shinning example of the integrity and virtue of our armed forces. Kudos to you good sir... kudos...

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
tehroc said:
sextus the crazy said:
Military seems to attract macho assholes, but not all of them are. In terms of military capabilities, we can kick any country's ass, hands down.
Except in countries with rough terrain. Afghanistan and Vietnam speak for themselves as hostile environment.
We Beat Afghanistan; we've bomb it to shit. We just can't occupy.

Vietnam we could have won if we really wanted to, but we eventually realized that it was a waste of money. Also, both wars were much worse for Afghanistan and Vietnam.

goliath6711

May 3, 2010
aba1 said:
Realistically you shouldn't need a army to begin with.
You really believe that? Let share with you a snippet from Yahtzee's review of the PC game Spore.

"Will Wright is clearly no stranger to the odd cheeseburger because playing as a friendly celery-munching hippie race is a lot harder than being a bunch of aggressive, warlike megalomaniacs who communicate by biting each others faces off. Once you've moved on to the real-time strategy tribal phase, if you reject the savage, meat-eating, weapon stockpiling lifestyle, you will quickly find that there are several tribes within convenient walking distance who didn't and who will make you their little whimpering bitches before you can even break out the tambourines. A stark and accurate portrayal of the development of human society, perhaps, but probably not the intended experience that only gets more one-sided with the Civilization stage during which you either pay all of the other cities to not kill you, or rampage around the world blowing up computer players who don't have the luxury of being able to pause the game and build 50 gun turrets."

Something to consider, isn't it?

Basically my stance is, I'd hate any soldier that thinks that what they do, as important as it is, should result in me worshiping the ground they walk on every day without question. I also hate people that goes to the opposite extreme and says what they do is not only unimportant, but a determent to society as a whole. Because you're both the same exact breed of pompous asshole.

So I give them respect for what they do, but not that much more than the average civilian. That still has to be earned.

Syntax Man

Apr 8, 2008
I don't hate the army, I hate the American army because I hate America because of the indefensible foreign policy of the past 65 years fucking up parts of the world and the deregulated banks that basically broke the world economy.

platinawolf

Oct 27, 2009
Input good people
Output not so good people who are trained to kill and have a sense of when its right to kill governed by rules that don't have the best of all of creation in mind. Unless creation only extends as far as the borders of [insert country here]. I mean, Hitler was going to solve world hunger, he just thought it would be a good idea to reduce the world's population to a more manageable number.

goliath6711

May 3, 2010
goliath6711 said:
Basically my stance is, I'd hate any soldier that thinks that what they do, as important as it is, should result in me worshiping the ground they walk on every day without question. I also hate people that goes to the opposite extreme and says what they do is not only unimportant, but a determent to society as a whole. Because you're both the same exact breed of pompous asshole.
mxfox408 said:
Syntax Man said:
I don't hate the army, I hate the American army because I hate America because of the indefensible foreign policy of the past 65 years fucking up parts of the world and the deregulated banks that basically broke the world economy.
That is all.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Matthew94 said:
mxfox408 said:
Lol, I always love people like this with your whole "us and them" attitude. You aren't inherently better because you were in the rangers than a non-military person.
Lol I don't recall stating I was better because I mentioned I was a ranger, but your entitled to your opinion, because that's all it is. Thank you for sharing your extreme wisdom, you sure showed me. Lol........

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
goliath6711 said:
goliath6711 said:
mxfox408 said:
Syntax Man said:
That is all.
Your entitled to your opinions, and can say what you want because in the end opinions are like assholes everyone has one, but thank you for sharing yours extreme wisdom. Please share more.....

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Matthew94 said:
mxfox408 said:
Matthew94 said:
mxfox408 said:
Lol, I always love people like this with your whole "us and them" attitude. You aren't inherently better because you were in the rangers than a non-military person.
Lol I don't recall stating I was better because I mentioned I was a ranger, but your entitled to your opinion, because that's all it is. Thank you for sharing your extreme wisdom, you sure showed me. Lol........
"As a former Ranger, I usually ignore those shit for brains when it comes to the opinions"

"I don't even validate their existence with an irritated response, fuck those pussies."

Yep...

"but your entitled to your opinion, because that's all it is. "

No shit sherlock. I guess they taught you rangers well...
Indulge us with more of your extreme wisdom.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
DevilWithaHalo said:
mxfox408 said:
Thank you for your non confrontational response that helps both sides of the discussion reach reasonable discourse. This no doubt will elevate the discussion to new horizons for us all. If only all former soldiers could be as polite and respectable of other peoples opinions as you are. You are a shinning example of the integrity and virtue of our armed forces. Kudos to you good sir... kudos...
Better to not get all worked up over peoples opinions, I usually allow them to get upset, sarcasm sometimes, upsets them more so when followed by ignoring them.