Why do people like dubstep?

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
There are some really good dubsteps like

I have no clue how it became popular but i really don't care

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Why do people like anything? I don't mind dubstep to be honest, it isn't something I'd have on my iPod but I'll listen to it.
It also makes an awesome trailer. I'm looking at you, Assassin's Creed!

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
Honestly, I really have nothing good to say about wubstep/Shitstep/Wubshit/Dubshit/"For Dumbshits"/Steppedinshit...

I forget where I was going with this...

But the way I see it: There is probably some good dubstep out there, but its few and far between. Its the equivalent of finding 2 gold coins in an ocean of shit. its up to you if its worth it to find the Gold coins, but they may turn out to just be wrapped chocolates anyway.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Seems to me every teenager generation renames Techo and it's suddenly the shit again, then the clubs playing this combined with intoxicating drugs and hormones really solidifies it as "best thing evar".

I know because I was also once under that spell, no idea what the music was called at the time, I only recall barely conscious grinding up against hotties while having my ears pummeled and my wallet drained.

bkrockwell

Aug 4, 2009
I can see the appeal, but it's not my thing. I know there are some dubstep artists that compose all their own stuff, but the majority of the genre seems to be taking someone else's song, throwing some obnoxious noises over the top, and claiming credit for it. I find dubstep is the aural equivalent of going to the dentist.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Shark Wrangler said:
The music sucks and it will go away very soon. Hate this kind of crap with a passion and its not music. Everybody knows that this crap is just club music. Go out and dance to this garbage while getting very drunk. You go home with some random person and and hate yourself in the morning. Very much like to think this stuff plays in hell when you first enter.
I stopped reading at "it's not music", as that phrase is pretty much only uttered by morons.

People listen to it because they like it. You might not like it, but they do.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
It makes awesome background music to car chases and intense trailers.
Other than that it pretty much blows.

OhBut_Whynot

Feb 7, 2011
Just depends on what kind of music you like, at first I hated dubstep but just like everyone I know who also hated dubstep it grew on them. Theres alot of kinds of dubstep and they're all good in their own way. I'd suggest checking out Reptile by Skrillex. Last ones standing by Fluc Pavilion, Yes by Datsik and Bassnectar, Sierra Leone by Mt. Eden dubstep, Woo boost by Rusko, Ambivalence by Rhyno and Sweet shop by Doctor P.

i love headcrabs

Apr 25, 2011
its just down to what type of music you prefer I personally like it and lisen to it alot
this is my favouirte song at the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYIdBZUl2Y

Spectral Dragon

Jun 14, 2011
Why do people like rock?
It's the same thing, only from a different perspective. You don't like something but a lot of people do. It's subjective and not a great question. We're different in taste, it's that simple. There's plenty you'd never listen to, like people who like what you don't listen to wouldn't listen to some things.

Some people like it, you don't have to. Deal with it!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Because people are so stupid to think they're actually having fun. Of course they're not having fun, it just seems like it to them and if something is at all enjoyable of course it MUST appeal to you./sarcasm

Can we stop having these kinds of threads, please? I don't even like Dubstep, which makes it even more unfortunate that this one is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. People like stuff and everything is always going to have haters. As unmusical as it is, Dubstep still gets made with a degree of professionalism so it's going to have people who like it. Their liking it and your hating it is just the end result of a probability chart. Get over it.

Shark Wrangler said:
The music sucks and it will go away very soon. Hate this kind of crap with a passion and its not music. Everybody knows that this crap is just club music. Go out and dance to this garbage while getting very drunk. You go home with some random person and and hate yourself in the morning. Very much like to think this stuff plays in hell when you first enter.
I do agree with you to a large extent though. Dubstep sickens me.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Shark Wrangler said:
You do realise this post could be transplanted into absolutely any thread about any kind of music don't you? I mean, I could say the exact same thing about jazz.

But really you've highlighted the whole point of dubstep, and any kind of club music really, And thats to make you dance like an idiot while you're falling over.

And it isn't going to go away any time soon, its been around for over a decade now, it has support from major labels and a huge fanbase now. It's like somebody in 1983 saying "Who the hell are Metallica and why should I care about them?".

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I don't know. It seems to be popular. I'm not a fan, but I'm not really that into music anyway.

Though I do feel like that fantastic South Park episode where kids hear music, and older people hear the sound of someone taking a dump in your ear.