why do so many people hate the united states?

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Midnight Crossroads said:
darth gditch said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
ecoho said:
im only

The tyranny of the majority. 51% of americans are not well educated. But by your system they control the rest. In a country where the stupid control the smart peole will be cynical (im looking at you george bush)
Only one thing I would like to argue.

See, stupid people have rights too. John Q. Public gets just as much say as Robert Oppenheimer. And "uneducated" is not the same as "stupid." Just because one is not an intellectual does not mean one cannot be smart.

Although I admit, George Bush was an idiot. Cheney actually ran the country. XD
That's not true actually, and it shows how short our nation's memory must be. Bush won against Gore in 2000 but he never won the popular vote.
Which part isn't true? And yes, I was aware of that. And if you're referring to the Cheney running the country, that was for humour. Hence the "XD."

Do you mean the "John Q. Public" representation?

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Because we are the worlds most powerful nation right now.

The system is a cycle, when Spain was top dog, everyone hated them, when England was top dog, everyone hated them. It goes on and on.

MaVeN1337

Feb 19, 2009
Sougo said:
Mr Montmorency said:
Because it's full of pompous, self centred faggots who like shooting at anything that is marginally different to them. It has the lowest intelligence scores for the education system. It has horrendous crime rates and prison overcrowding. It has a flawed governmental platform that offers the illusion of choice. They're responsible for triggering a financial disaster that served to put millions into debt and ruined the lives of many hard working people because some stupid bankers decided to delete some numbers on a computer.

It is the worldwide example of what humanity is and why it should be annihilated.

That bought a tear to my eye. Such a moving speech.

OT: I don't particularly hate the US, but it is sad that most of what Mr Montmorency said is true.
That just about sums it up.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
darth gditch said:
darth gditch said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
ecoho said:
im only

The tyranny of the majority. 51% of americans are not well educated. But by your system they control the rest. In a country where the stupid control the smart peole will be cynical (im looking at you george bush)

See, stupid people have rights too. John Q. Public gets just as much say as Robert Oppenheimer. And "uneducated" is not the same as "stupid." Just because one is not an intellectual does not mean one cannot be smart.

That's not true actually, and it shows how short our nation's memory must be. Bush won against Gore in 2000 but he never won the popular vote.
Which part isn't true? And yes, I was aware of that. And if you're referring to the Cheney running the country, that was for humour. Hence the "XD."

It's untrue to say that 51% of the country holds power over the nation when Bush's victory of Gore shows that's not always the case and is actually an integral part of the US government. It wasn't even until recently that Senators were elected by popular vote. The US has many, many devices built into so that the majority never has too much power, especially one so small as 51%.

Comrade Mateo

Inventor of the POWER STANCE
May 1, 2009
We are to goddamn big to make the right decision, for the most part, and we come up with these compromises which in the end fail. If we were to just pick one side and stick with it we could be much more successful.

Edit: Excluding anything involving Bush.

DarKye

Jul 8, 2010
Because Glenn Beck.

Kidding aside, I don't particularly hate either the USA or its people. I'm just very quick to roll my eyes whenever they fall into the stereotypes they so often fight against.

And I wouldn't want to live there. Ever.

Heatray

Sep 1, 2010
Hey since we're all posting on a forum about videogames I think it's safe to say that we all hated the good looking, rich and popular people on top of the social totem pole in middle school, am I right?

It's basically the same thing; people never grow up, they just learn bigger words.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
darth gditch said:
darth gditch said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
ecoho said:
im only

It's untrue to say that 51% of the country holds power over the nation when Bush's victory of Gore shows that's not always the case and is actually an integral part of the US government. It wasn't even until recently that Senators were elected by popular vote. The US has many, many devices built into so that the majority never has too much power, especially one so small as 51%.
Ohhhhhhhh.

Okay, I see. Indeed. Indeed it does.

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
Alot of people don't realise that they really hate people because those people are dicks, and those dicks do not represent the entire population.

I've come to the realisation that I hate dicks from every country and the way they express their dickyness happens to be culturally influenced. This does not mean I hate them because they come from that country because I have learned not to judge a country by it's dickheads (that's racist)

Right now the American brand of dickyness is easy to hate.

I'm British btw, the prequel to American, we used to be the dicks and you stole our thunder so now we get to join in with the rest of the world hating on you guys.

tbh I love america, I'm even going to florida on saturday. Interesting country and culture, huge place.

They do have an instantly recognisable, larger than life, brand of dickheads though. For now. Same as the dickheads here but atleast I'm used to them.

I'm guessing it's the same for most people and they just dont realise it.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
joebear15 said:
The real question is why dont people hate Canada more I mean i used to like the nation alot, I mean they were always good neighbors but then they threw Justin Beiber at us. What the hell I mean nothing we ever did to you justifies you exporting that piece of shit ot us I demand a appology leter
Thats them getting back at us for the Jonas Brothers and every other radio star. Well played Canada.

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
Personally, I think everyone else is a bit jealous. But then again, I'm kinda biased.

trollface.jpg

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Because you claim to be ignorant of any reason why your country might be hated.

The United States is not, repeat not, the police force of the world. Like any other country, it is just doing whatever is in the best interests of its government, using all the means at its disposal. Whether that means waging aggressive wars (the ultimate warcrime, according to the judges of the Nuremburg trials) against countries with valuable assets or turning a blind eye while warlords kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people in countries lacking much of anything. It's just that the US has the means to invade at least one country per year for over two centuries without a break, while others do not. If any other country was in the same position that the US is in, then they would be doing the same things that the US are. But that's no excuse.

EDIT: And I'm suspicious of any group that claims to be better than everyone else.

(But the financial crisis was inevitable. The US was unlucky to have been the source of its trigger; it could just as easily have been any other country.)

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
Its the bible thumpers that makes me dislike the USA that i see in the news.
Oh, the warmongering and being the cause of the financial crisis didn't help either!

Go shame on yourself you US citizens!

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
no oneder said:
Because we're so hateable:

Mr Montmorency said:
[...]it's full of pompous, self centred faggots who like shooting at anything that is marginally different to them. It has the lowest intelligence scores for the education system. It has horrendous crime rates and prison overcrowding. It has a flawed governmental platform that offers the illusion of choice. They're responsible for triggering a financial disaster that served to put millions into debt and ruined the lives of many hard working people because some stupid bankers decided to delete some numbers on a computer.

It is the worldwide example of what humanity is and why it should be annihilated.
Pretty much this.
Yeah pretty much the worlds stereotype of the USA. Last I checked, if we were that stupid then why are we better off than most.

As well countries now think if they support crime, terrorists, want to make nukes they can just use it as leverage to get MORE aid and support and food. Sadly America needs to stop being nice, stop FIGHTING the real bullies of the world (ya know those people who invade the third world country or terrorize it's people so we get involved to help ingrates)

Oh let's not forget we give our jobs, food, medical supplies to some of the most down trodden people of the planet... Be it tidal waves, flooding, earthquakes ATM USA is there. Even when the world whined and looked stupid after the tsunami and France tried to pledge twice what we did, two years later they got what? 20 percent of it...ATM USA had the cash in bank overnight.

Yeah, our money problems are that our problems trying to give hand outs to every other nation to spread wealth while at the same time, making consumer goods that target our own nation yet all the jobs that would allow them to be bought are gone.

Mostly it gives the coward countries not brave enough to give a bit of food or money someone to cry about cause it makes them look bad....

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Parshooter said:
In my region which is lumber based there was only one partner for trading the US then they introduced tariffs that prevented that, then an other company in town was bought out by an American company causing half the jobs in town to go away, then the new project in town was just given to American CEOs...

Though this is for Canada you see similar cases around the world (excluding the tariffs)

The truth is likely that you are the easiest target that anyone can use to disturb the peace in a few years china will finish taking over the role.
I just pray China takes on feeding and repairing the world when disaster strikes. Maybe OPEC will give a single dime to the World food bank to...

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Lexodus said:
Apart from the militant Jingoism, the arrogance, the gun nuttery, the retarded religious extremists, the willing disregard for knowledge and intelligence, and everything else people have no doubt already stated, mostly it's the stupid shit you've done, the stupid shit you're doing now, and the stupid shit you will no doubt continue to do in the future. Plus, those fucking accents make me rage. Not all of them, but the kind that people impersonate when they're pretending to be American, i.e, Valley Girl, Southern Hick, etc., etc., etc.
Besides, any country where somebody like Sarah Palin has a valid chance at being elected King of Everything deserves to be hated.
Basically this.

I don't hate America, I just think it could do with some humility, better education and less self-appointed "World Policing", is all. *Shrug*

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
Carlston said:
no oneder said:

Mr Montmorency said:
[...]it's full of pompous, self centred faggots who like shooting at anything that is marginally different to them. It has the lowest intelligence scores for the education system. It has horrendous crime rates and prison overcrowding. It has a flawed governmental platform that offers the illusion of choice. They're responsible for triggering a financial disaster that served to put millions into debt and ruined the lives of many hard working people because some stupid bankers decided to delete some numbers on a computer.

Pretty much this.
Yeah pretty much the worlds stereotype of the USA. Last I checked, if we were that stupid then why are we better off than most.

As well countries now think if they support crime, terrorists, want to make nukes they can just use it as leverage to get MORE aid and support and food. Sadly America needs to stop being nice, stop FIGHTING the real bullies of the world (ya know those people who invade the third world country or terrorize it's people so we get involved to help ingrates)

Oh let's not forget we give our jobs, food, medical supplies to some of the most down trodden people of the planet... Be it tidal waves, flooding, earthquakes ATM USA is there. Even when the world whined and looked stupid after the tsunami and France tried to pledge twice what we did, two years later they got what? 20 percent of it...ATM USA had the cash in bank overnight.

Yeah, our money problems are that our problems trying to give hand outs to every other nation to spread wealth while at the same time, making consumer goods that target our own nation yet all the jobs that would allow them to be bought are gone.

Mostly it gives the coward countries not brave enough to give a bit of food or money someone to cry about cause it makes them look bad....
Dude, stop it. Were just idiots. Lucky idiots. Perhaps not that bad, but we've sure messed up. Several times.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I'm American and there's a decent amount of shit in this country that I hate.

The humongous amount of screen time the uninformed/biased retards get. (see FOX news and Westboro Baptist Church) The fact that our politicians have convinced themselves that we are the embodiment of the perfect nation and that we must force our "peace loving community" amongst other nations and pretending to make us seem like the most free country in the world while we are consistently censored and biased in more ways then one.

(Once actually made a paper about this in History. Got an "F" for being unpatriotic")

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
no oneder said:

Mr Montmorency said:

Pretty much this.
Yeah, pretty much that. Well, at least for what I dislike about America. I doubt most of the people that blindly hate America are that informed of the many flaws of our government and culture. And I wouldn't say the majority of America are aggressive, intolerant, war-loving people, that's a stereotype, but it is one that carries a bit of weight, because an alarming number of people in America are like that, but there's plenty of people on the other side of the fence as well.

But to be fair, a lot of these problems exist in other countries as well, but in keeping with that fairness, I hate those particular things about those countries as well. I don't just hate a whole country or anything, there's individual things that I don't like and individual things that I like.