Why do you hate your life?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Faladorian said:
Happiness is a defense mechanism used by naive people to convince themselves that the world isn't the burning shitball that it truly is.

There is no happiness, only ignorance. Saying you're happy makes you ignorant, knowing about the world and being content with it makes you a sociopath. Realizing the world is a piece of shit full of billions of walking pieces of shit and making the best of it... that's realism. The only respectable option of the three.

OT: There are hardly any things that I hate anymore. If something isn't that bad, then there's no reason to hate it. If something about life is shitty, I'm not surprised in the slightest, and it hardly affects me. It's useful to not have a fragile mind.
awwww...feeling a little emo today are we?

anyway I dont hate my life, I cant when I compare it to what others have..I am privaliged in alot of ways,

I worry that bad things might happen, or what Ill do in the future but right now I have it really good

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
thespyisdead said:
because i am 19, and when it comes to talking to women, i become a bloody stuttering wreck (it's usually the women i don't know). also, since i have never had any experience with women, and having a female friend that i am interested in, i have no idea of how to approach the whole situation of telling her how i feel
Basically this, but I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years, still crushed over it (our anniversary is Christmas, so...fuck Christmas) and I'm interested in a female friend, who happens to be my friend's sister who hates guys. Top that with 12 months of unsuccessful job searching and job rejections, friends annoying the crap out of me, and increasing anxiety/paranoia issues, I'm fantastic ladies and gentlemen...
I could go for a drink, preferably bourbon.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
I've hated my life a hell of a lot less since I came out of the closet (I'm a Bisexual male as well just so ya' know) buuuuuut I can see room for improvements...
There's a guy who I have a massive crush on who I was literally going to ask out this week... then I found out he had a boyfriend. So I've decided to remain close friends with both him and his BF 'cause high school relationships don't last forever, (I'm a senior, they're both juniors but we're all the same age, long story) but it's becoming harder and harder to disguise my feelings, and from the looks of things I don't see them breaking up any time soon...
I live in a country that thinks it's okay to pass shit like NDAA and consider shit like SOPA, and I've lost ALL my national pride.
I have no plans for collage, I have the idea of attending a local community collage for 2 years but after that I don't have a clue
I live in Utah... yeah...
It's the first point in my life where I literally have no clue where I'll be in a year.

But other than that things have been steadily improving for me, so... no I don't hate my life.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
The fact that my mother has terminal cancer.
It's enough to just incapacitate you sometimes, but everything else I should still be thankful for and be happy about, some people have absolutely nothing, but no matter how many times I say this I still catch myself wishing I wasn't in my shoes right now.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
God, you've opened a can o' worms with this thread!

Where do I start? Well for one there's the fact I seem to be the personification of Forever Alone. Whenever I'm interested in a girl, it's the old 'oh, it's not you, it's me', or 'I just like you as a friend', or 'I'm already in a relationship (even though it turned out he was a prick)', or even an 'it's you, it's just you'. Hell I even had a girl out-and-out cut off all contact with me when she got a boyfriend, even though I hadn't said a word to indicate I was interested in her. Oh yeah, and there's my best friend, who I love with all my heart and I'm damn-sure she's my soul-mate, but I know nothing will ever happen because she's asexual (i.e.: she doesn't engage in any form of relationship).
Then there's more general sticking-points, such as the fact I'm gonna be paying off college fees well after I've retired, due to a complete absence of job prospects beyond flipping burgers at McDonalds. Or the fact that a second Great-Depression is almost certainly right around the corner because those arseholes in the Eurozone are too fucking stupid to realise their currency was doomed to fail. Then there's the encroaching threat of the SOPA fascism. Then there's the constant fear of World War III (I'm kind of paranoid like that).

Add to those the fact I'm stuck at college with a sexist, racist, nihilistic, egotistical, narrow-minded, quick-to-anger little bastard who I only put up with for the sake of maintaining a professional and civil social life. Then there's the fact my sister literally hates my very existence and cannot wait for me to move out so she can turn my room into a little personal-lounge. And the fact I feel like the messenger between my separated parents with my father's side of the family actively trying to poison me away from my mother while simultaneously treating me like a 6 year old (I'm 21). And there's also the fact that my grandmother on my mother's side has a rare form of Alzheimer's, and it's absolutely crushing to see her completely unable to string a sentence together, and to think that she's overcome breast cancer and the death of her husband (when I was very young), only to be robbed of herself to this.

Is that reason enough?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Faladorian said:
Happiness is a defense mechanism used by naive people to convince themselves that the world isn't the burning shitball that it truly is.

There is no happiness, only ignorance. Saying you're happy makes you ignorant, knowing about the world and being content with it makes you a sociopath. Realizing the world is a piece of shit full of billions of walking pieces of shit and making the best of it... that's realism. The only respectable option of the three.

OT: There are hardly any things that I hate anymore. If something isn't that bad, then there's no reason to hate it. If something about life is shitty, I'm not surprised in the slightest, and it hardly affects me. It's useful to not have a fragile mind.
Remember that the world is likely the best place it ever has been. Average murder rates are dozens of times lower than, say, 500 years ago. Life expectancy is at an all-time high. We can cure near-any disease. We have so much data regarding how the universe works, we actually have a backlog of it.
Everything is relative, and we are doing awesomely relative to everything. If the world is made of shit, then it's that monkey shit that people use as coffee and sell at ridiculous prices. You can tell me we aren't doing well when reptiles have a space station.

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
I don't hate my life. I have a family who loves and cares for me, a roof over my head, and other than my kidneys, weight, and legs I'm in alright health. My life is uncomfortable because of my lyphedemia brought on by my kidneys. My lympedemia is stage 3 (and there are only 3 stages so it's bad). My legs are so big it's hard to lift them up into a car and I don't walk anymore I waddle. Some days it's hard for me to even get up in the morning. I have a bunch of pills to take daily, massages to do, lots of doctors to see, and physical therapy 3 times a week to keep my massive swelling in check. But even through all these hardships it could be worse. Even though my kidneys aren't functioning properly they're still working right and don't need a transplant or dialysis. So all in all it could be worse but sometimes it can be hard to look on the bright side sometimes.

Benj17

Mar 10, 2009
Find it funny how most of the posts mention something about not being able to get a partner of any type. If your sole reason for hating your life is caused by the opposite sex then either just accept it or GTFO. I'm not going to pretend for a second that I am some Casanova that has women falling at his feet and the power to give women orgasms by winking, I'm useless with women, my last girlfriend was a psycho who talked about ending her life at least once every week or ending someone else's, and I tend to get knocked back quite a lot. At the end of the day a relationship isn't the be all and end all of happiness, sure it can help but it shouldn't be the main focal point for someone's unhappiness. It's one of those areas that is in your control and if its upsetting you or hurting just stop thinking about it then or take control of it, in relationship terms what is the worse that can happen, you get knocked back? so friggin be it!

Don't measure life on the standards set by others, because you'll never be happy with your own.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Faladorian said:
Vault101 said:
awwww...feeling a little emo today are we?
Feeling a little condescending perhaps?
yes...

but of coarse aparently YOU know whats REALLY going on, YOU can see that me and everyone are just ignorant fools for thinking we are happy, when in relity we really should be as miserable as you

so yeah, dont mind me

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Spawny0908 said:
I don't hate my life. I have a family who loves and cares for me, a roof over my head, and other than my kidneys, weight, and legs I'm in alright health. My life is uncomfortable because of my lyphedemia brought on by my kidneys. My lympedemia is stage 3 (and there are only 3 stages so it's bad). My legs are so big it's hard to lift them up into a car and I don't walk anymore I waddle. Some days it's hard for me to even get up in the morning. I have a bunch of pills to take daily, massages to do, lots of doctors to see, and physical therapy 3 times a week to keep my massive swelling in check. But even through all these hardships it could be worse. Even though my kidneys aren't functioning properly they're still working right and don't need a transplant or dialysis. So all in all it could be worse but sometimes it can be hard to look on the bright side sometimes.
you know its funny how some people will go "I hate my life" over lack of relationships, that face they are unpopular, people or annoy them or they are just misanthropic twats

and youve actually got a real problem...but your not complaining all that much..(I dont know what to say other than...I hope you'll be ok in the end)..sorry if that sounded condecinding or somthing...but yeah

and thats the reason I dont hate my life

(but to be fair Im sure alot of it is just harmless venting)

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I don't really allow myself to be happy. One of those "You're at your best when at your worst" situations. It sucks.

And its the typical high school student angst answer, which sucks even more that I'm 21, long since out of high school.

I've got a loving family and friends. Life is good, but I don't allow it to be for some reason. I don't like to complain about it, because its of my own doing, and why should I complain about it when nobody but myself can really change it?

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Fappy said:
No, that of course is the sole responsibility of an entirely different species: *pic*
You probably just gave her a heart attack.

@ OP, like Susan said: you're going through a stage in life everyone goes through at some point. I'm aware that I'll sound like a bitching parent, but it's true. I'm 20 years old right now, and I haven't really put a goal up for myself in life. Some days I can just be completely apathetic while at times I'll be cheerful, and happy with the chances I'm given. You have to learn to live with yourself first and foremost, and that might be the hardest and most daunting challenge you'll have to overcome.

Remove yourself from stress situations. That girl doesn't like you? Tell her to jog on! Don't put unnecessary strain on your mind, or you'll just end up bitter. Try out new things, go new places, hell, even eat different kinds of food. Get out of your numbing routine! And lastly, stay away from your PC for a while, it usually doesn't help with opening yourself up.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
Don't really hate my life. Just a tad upset flight school has taken me a bit longer than I wanted. Thought I'd be flying solo by now. Still have a few more lessons to go before I get there.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Let's see, I'm 17, in my senior year of highschool, never had a girlfriend, still a virgin, can't drive, don't have a job, unsure of my future, unsure of college/university life, and a lot of other teen angst stuff that I just don't need.

But I guess that the one thing that I don't like about my life is how easily I can be swept up in things. I usually feel like I have no choice in anything people offer up to me, and as such, I feel like I am obligated to say yes and just go with the flow.

Although Ican't really complain about it since that's what I usually do to keep people happy. Besides, I work for the weekends anyway.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
Faladorian said:

No offense but it must REALLY suck to be you. I'd way rather be "ingorant" and happy then a self loathing humanity hating downer.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
necromanzer52 said:
Well, I don't have a girlfriend. Other than that my life is pretty damn good at the moment.
Yep, that about sums it up here too. I can't really say I hate it, but it would be nice. But yea, I'm pretty okay.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Because I'm an extremely lonely person who's alienated just about everyone who's ever shown me ever form of kindness.