Why does everybody hate runescape?

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
mmmmmonkey said:
Kevvers said:
dorm41baggins said:
delta4062 said:
You should'nt have to re-read your post to realise "worsted" isn't a word.
Sure it is- though I'll admit, I don't think he was talking about yarn [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worsted]. :) "Realise", on the other hand is not found in any dictionary I've ever seen. Tip- when playing the role of a grammar Nazi, at least spell check your own post- better yet, don't be a grammar Nazi.

Actually, in England we use -ise instead of -ize in most words. A little transatlantic pitfall for all you would be nitpickers.

Also, runescape is a total gridfest filled with 10 year old jerks. Does not equal fun times.
"Gridfest"??? ;)
grindfest. go watch a zero punctuation video on a mumorpager. yahtzee uses that word a lot. it means its like a game where you're just grinding a spice grinder for all the time you play it. i agree, it very much is a grindfest,but sometimes it can be fun. just run around,killing things.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Senor Smoke21 said:
The people who don't hate runescape are usually younger than the average gamer. Runescape is very simple and easy. Also, most of the members don't pay for it themselves anyway.
i payed for it myself. hell,its five dollars a month. less then WoW,and runescape is almost as good as WoW (okay,not really) i mean,you can't get a game as good as wow for free,but runescape came pretty close.

of all i've seen,only one game came close to what i thought WoW was like.
maplestory. it's free,it's good,it doesn't have trolls,you pick a class,buy armor and weapons, ya know,usual MMORPG things,but it's free and simple. i liked it.

mmmmmonkey

Aug 20, 2008
lwm3398 said:
mmmmmonkey said:
Kevvers said:
dorm41baggins said:
delta4062 said:
Sure it is- though I'll admit, I don't think he was talking about yarn [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worsted]. :) "Realise", on the other hand is not found in any dictionary I've ever seen. Tip- when playing the role of a grammar Nazi, at least spell check your own post- better yet, don't be a grammar Nazi.

Actually, in England we use -ise instead of -ize in most words. A little transatlantic pitfall for all you would be nitpickers.

Also, runescape is a total gridfest filled with 10 year old jerks. Does not equal fun times.
"Gridfest"??? ;)
grindfest. go watch a zero punctuation video on a mumorpager. yahtzee uses that word a lot. it means its like a game where you're just grinding a spice grinder for all the time you play it. i agree, it very much is a grindfest,but sometimes it can be fun. just run around,killing things.
Haha, I knew what you meant, I was merely pointing out your ironic; grammar-nazi; typo.

Yahtzee's the reason I come on one this site :)

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
dorm41baggins said:
delta4062 said:

To those of you complaining about Runescape's fetch quests and grinding, I'm curious how other MMOs are any different. I'm not trying to troll here- I'm genuinely ignorant on the subject, never having been able to bring myself to spend the equivalent of the cost of a brand new game every two months to continue playing an old game. My understanding of the genre was that grinding and fetch quests were pretty much the bulk of game play. How is Runescape any different in that respect to WoW or Everquest? Is there some aspect of those games I'm unaware of that makes them worth the money?

I would really like to know because I've been on the fence about whether or not to try them for quite some time.
Realise is how we spell it in England. Filthy racist!

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
TheRedLucario said:
Because there's no real fun in it. It's a crappy MMO that can easily be replaced with a better buyable game. A common argument to that is "But RuneScape is free." No, it isn't. I played it a long time ago, and couldn't shit without being a member. I mean, you have to be a member to climb over a fucking fence! The hell? Is he so retarded that he doesn't know how to climb over a three foot fence, and being a member is like going to school?
This, and the community is a bunch of drooling idiots.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I played it once when I was twelve. I remember it had me make fire and fish and fight rats for half an hour. I said fuck that and hit my friend who recommended it

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I actually quite like it. I loved it for a few years (to the point of neglecting chemistry class, no less!) But I think the game has more merits than the graphics snobs will let on.

Storytelling, particularly, is well done. They have some damn fine writers over at Jagex. Some of the major updates to the game, I disagree with, (removing the wilderness, for instance) but their reasons for doing it are sound, at least.

LockandKey

Feb 22, 2009
I found it dull in the end not becuase of level grinding (I actually like that), but honestly it lost its point in the end.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I played runescape for a good old year or so, payed for memembers content when i got bord of the nonmembers area. I then went to Gw, then to WoW. The thing I found was that in RS it takes u a dedicated 6 weeks to get to 99 in anything, in wow its took me a weekend of casual game play (and 600g) to reach max lvl mining and engineering. Any by casual game play I mean, I only played for like 3 hours on the saturday and sunday.

konkwastaken

Jan 16, 2009
dull, boring, movement is just plain what the fuckery.

Also the person who spends more of their life behind it will inevitably win.

Birras

Jun 19, 2008
Honestly, doing something like RuneScape is fucking amazing if you consider that it was made in Java. However, if you are not a member, you only have a tiny square of land and 20 piss-easy quests. Free play is not legitamate, it is really just a demo of sorts.

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
It really has been a long time since I've played that... 0_0

I don't remember the 'member only' content... that's how long. But I do remember making fires and cooking things being integral to game play, so I got bored. I dunno... never really been into the whole 'click to walk here' thing, except in Myst games...

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
FreelanceButler said:
You can't really have high hopes for a game when you can't even finish the tutorial without closing it and never wanting to play it again.
This summarizes my feelings on the matter.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Lul
A few points:
1.) Grammar Nazism doesn't make you any better than the people around you. The reason you nitpick grammar is because you have nothing better to do, have no better arguments to make or it is because you're a totally arse.
2.) Runescape. I admit when i was younger around... I'd say 10-13-ish I played Runescape I played it a lot. I learned how idiotic i was being when i reached 92 fishing and had another 6.5million experience to get to 99. The reason I quit wasn't because of bad graphics or bad community, in fact Runescape has one of the better online communities out there, it was because the fruits of my labor wasn't much to show off. To make a long story short; Runescape is a free MMO that can entertain a younger age group. Most people have no right to call it "crap for tards" because they have at one point played it. Sure the graphics are bad and gameplay dull, but to those who aren't fortunate to have consoles or are able to afford $15 dollar membership fees for games like WoW it is a source for entertainment and being browser based means it is easy to access to the technologically ignorant IE younger age groups. This seems to be the reverse of "you don't know how lucky you are until you lose everything". When you have only your computer and your measly pocket change, you can't help but find entertainment in the lowliest of things.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Because we all played it when we were younger and now that we are spoiled by all of our much more interesting games like Halo 3, Gears 2, the newer Guitar Hero games, Rockband, etc we can now laugh a how stupid we were and how low our standards were. Plus everyone on RuneScape acts like jackasses, so someone will either be a little shit, or a retarded teenger who can't afford real games.

I'm only speaking the truth from personal experiences.

I almost felt spoilt when I changed over to Rappelz [http://rappelz.gpotato.com/], because of the better graphics and much more friendly players.

And also need I mention if you want to get anywhere in RS you need to be a member?