Why don't people like anime?

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Because very few anime have broken barriers, and I doubt they ever will as a whole.

I mean people have gone out of there comfort zone and liked Cowboy Bebop, but Cowboy Bebop is up to western standards.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
The Japanese Animation industry is much like the Hollywood movie industry. Mostly recycled crap, but with the occasional gem of artistic genius. To "not like" all anime on general principle is simply unwarranted prejudgment... which is common enough in the world that I wonder why it still bothers people.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
To me, it's because their's no variation. All Anime is either Giant Robot Fights and Monster Fights and Magic and Demons and Sci-Fi action plots, or just watching characters live like you and me, and that's dumb.

And all Anime looks the same. It's all the same Body types: 1) Regular Male Body, 2) Regular Woman Body and 3) Monster/Special Body. And besides all that, they have the same art style with only minor tweaks and edits from one another. The only Anime that looked far different from most Anime's I have seen was Bobobo (One of the Few Anime's I've liked), and that still had an anime feel to it. Plus, most of the voices are just recycles from other series, with several voices not even fitting characters at all. And lastly, I've noticed a rising trend of Male Characters that like to wear lipstick and dress like women for some reason (Especially in the Yu-Gi-Oh Spin-Offs).

Tylmarande

Aug 28, 2010
loc978 said:
The Japanese Animation industry is much like the Hollywood movie industry. Mostly recycled crap, but with the occasional gem of artistic genius.
Like Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Perhaps?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
kaveradeo said:
IronStorm9 said:
I have heard this a lot on forums and irl, but I find it hard to understand. I can see older adults not liking it because they think its a kids' cartoon, but I know teenagers who understand the subject matter and still don't like anime. Disregarding hentai, what are your reasons for not liking anime?
they racist and think america = god.
Either you're joking or you're trolling, I can't work out which.

Anyway, I dislike anime for quite a few reasons. Notably, I dislike the art style (with the exception of pokemon, as it's something that's stuck with me from being a kid. It's a funny old thing.), everything is far too over-the-top, every anime fan I've met IRL has been one of those different-for-the-sake-of-it twats etc...

No one in anime acts like a normal person. It's just annoying. And pretty often quite perverted.

kaveradeo

Jul 12, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
kaveradeo said:
IronStorm9 said:
I have heard this a lot on forums and irl, but I find it hard to understand. I can see older adults not liking it because they think its a kids' cartoon, but I know teenagers who understand the subject matter and still don't like anime. Disregarding hentai, what are your reasons for not liking anime?
they racist and think america = god.
Either you're joking or you're trolling, I can't work out which.

Anyway, I dislike anime for quite a few reasons. Notably, I dislike the art style (with the exception of pokemon, as it's something that's stuck with me from being a kid. It's a funny old thing.), everything is far too over-the-top, every anime fan I've met IRL has been one of those different-for-the-sake-of-it twats etc...

No one in anime acts like a normal person. It's just annoying. And pretty often quite perverted.
what i said was dramatized but i have seen people saying that japanese cartoons can't compare to the wholesome comedy of american ones.

Terrortree

Mar 12, 2009
too many of them are just the same thing and follow what I call the "Bleach syndrome": I WILL DEFEAT YOU *gets head handed to him* Gar I can't win *somehow finds some new power for 10000000 times* HAHAHAHA I HAVE DEFEATED YOU, repeat. There are some exceptions, I really like Kuroshitsuji and Death Note because they were interesting. The only "fight" anime I still is One Piece just because its so silly :)