Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

jamart

Feb 16, 2011
Oi Oi!

thought I'd start a thread for we few... we (maybe) happy few... we band of brothers (and sisters).

So, why don't you have God-in-a-box, I mean, Skyrim yet?

Me, I'm a law student, and have coursework due in... 3ish weeks. If I get Skyrim before then, my coursework will NOT be done.

You?

edit: this is meant as a jokey post... sorry for people that feel I'm deliberately accusing them of being freaks whatever - chill.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
I have $1.70 in my bank account and $0.00 in my wallet. I got no money. I have a feeling that I'll get it on Sunday though. Don't know how considering I have no money, but I've got a feeling..

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
I'm a 4th year physics major preparing for graduate school so I have almost zilch time on my hands for hobbies or games. I also need to save as much money as possible for graduate school.

Plus I'm not very interested the Elder Scrolls series (No offense to the game.)
Also I have a Mac, so even if I wanted the game I couldn't install it anyways.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I have zero interest in the game.

I don't like Bethesda games. At all. They're too open for me. I lose track of what I'm doing and just do fuck all, accomplishing nothing and getting zero satisfaction out of it.

Plus, UMVC3 just came out. Duh.

syclone

Jun 1, 2008
Don't like the series. Might get it if I have the money to get the limited edition.

DeadlyFred

Aug 13, 2008
Doesn't look too much different from Oblivion. I'll probably get it eventually but there's no way I'm spending $50-$60 bucks on it. I keep hoping they might actually put a decent melee system in, something more along the lines of Dark Messiah or... something... anything. It looks like just more of the same but now with extra slow-mo kills... wow.

DeadlyFred

Aug 13, 2008
Doesn't look too much different from Oblivion. I'll probably get it eventually but there's no way I'm spending $50-$60 bucks on it. I keep hoping they might actually put a decent melee system in, something more along the lines of Dark Messiah or... something... anything. It looks like just more of the same but now with extra slow-mo kills... wow.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I don't really like the fantasy genre as it stands. There's so much one could do with the fantasy genre, but everyone seems content to just retread what Tolken did over and over again. You have all the same races, and the race dynamics never really change (elves hate dwarves, everyone hates elves because they're snobbish dicks, etc). It's like no one really has any new ideas.

Seriously, I'm just as sick of the fantasy genre as a lot of the people on the escapist as sick of the "modern warfare" genre. The stories change but somehow it's always the same thing with every game.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
A. I'd rather be playing Saints Row 3 (and I have been)

B. I know that in about a year or so they're going to release a potentially cheaper version of Skyrim that will include all the DLC sidequests in it. Buying it now would make absolutely no sense to me.

Necrolia

Nov 17, 2011
Lack of money, lack of time and last but not least, i cant se how it can make any sense that i can be a necromancer, priest and warrior at the same time, so i think the game have a lack of sense.

Cari-des

Mar 17, 2010
I originally thought I wasn't going to like it, so I bought it for my friend for his birthday and... now I'm regretting it a bit because I played a little bit of it, and it's amazing :(

Plus, I have finals in a few weeks, papers, and a billion other games to play before I even begin to touch on Skyrim, which I guess is helping me justify my lack of awesome game for the moment.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
I don't care for the kind of game it is, and similar to my feelings toward Bioware, I don't care for the way Bethesda makes games. The games generally feel like they lack direction or purpose to me, besides. "Oh, is the world ending? I forgot somewhere during my seventieth menial task. Eh, it can wait for another seventy."

On the more biased side, I've had my share of the generic medieval setting and boring, lifeless NPCs, thanks. I can't even begin to tell you how fed up I am of this style of game world.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Too expensive, don't normally like WRPGs, and it probably has bugs up the ass like every other game Bethesda ever made/published. Oblivion for $6, on the other hand...

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
I do have it! Pre-ordered the CE and picked it up on the 11th :D

...but I can't play it yet! Too many essays coming due, and then final exams :mad:

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Lord Mountbatten Reborn said:
No time for gaming. Busy busy bee.
Odd set of forums for you to be such an active member on! :p Is that just a recent thing, or are you always to busy for games?

OT: Personally I am in another country with work, and no access to big games apart form my trusty DS (Currently just started pokemon White, and have Nostalgia, FFIV, FFIII, Mario and Luigi-inside bowser story and Dragon Quest IV in waiting to play) and my old steam-powered laptop. (just managed to squeeze KOTOR2, Red Alert 2 and Neverwinter nights on it, Although none of them to a high standard! I had to disable videos on them all! KOTOR 2 isn't as fun when the story keeps skipping because you don't know what happened in the cut-scenes!)

When I am back in April I will be getting Skyrim, along with the HD collection of MGS, Arkham City and Rage! Probably others too, but ill stick with them for now!!