Why don't you play games on PC?

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
LilithSlave said:
Hahaha, no.
What an intelligent rebuttal. Then you go on to link an example of one game--actually, an Orchestra and not the game itself--ignoring both that the game itself is old and the cavalcade of simplified, dumbed down RPGs that were created this decade that exist to serve the lowest common denominator. Good job on proving nothing. Really, your ability to give one example with no context at all is great.

You want to compare the CRPG list to the console RPG list? Good-fucking-luck with that.

Also, that 'shooter' is an arcade game that happens to exist on a console and is very easy, as the bullets have a pattern and your hit-marker is a single pixel at the center of your ship. If flashing lights and bright colours make it hard for you, see a doctor.

You make an edit to add a Final Fantasy video? I can see who I'm arguing with here--the kind of person that considers dialog and 'leveling up' the defining points of an RPG, lol. Get back to me when Final Fantasy isn't a TV show soap opera, whose player interaction is limited to choosing what attack to use.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Also, that 'shooter' is an arcade game that happens to exist on a console and is very easy, as the bullets have a pattern and your hit-marker is a single pixel at the center of your ship. If flashing lights and bright colours make it hard for you, see a doctor.
Oh good lord what? Explain yourself.

Just because there are patterns and you have a small hitbox, does not make Cave shooters easy to master by any remote means.
Grey Day for Elcia said:
ignoring both that the game itself is old
What is the age of a game relevant to anything?

Chrono Trigger and Tales of Symphonia is among the best games ever made. I'd certainly rather play that than Oblivion.
Grey Day for Elcia said:
lowest common denominator.
"Somebody has different taste than me. Therefor they're the lowest common denominator".

You're as prejudiced and bigoted as it gets. No wonder PC gamers have such a bad name with folks like you representing them.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
LilithSlave said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Oh good lord what? Explain yourself.

Just because there are patterns and you have a small hitbox, does not make Cave shooters easy to master by any remote means.
If learning the pattern is difficult for you, it's not hard to wing it and keep one pixel safe.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Grey Day for Elcia said:
If learning the pattern is difficult for you, it's not hard to wing it and keep one pixel safe.
Funny, have you actually ever played any Cave shooters? You sound like someone who hates games you haven't even played and dismiss them.

Cave shooters at highest difficultly are considered to be one of the highest tiers in all of video gaming difficulty. There's nothing about it that's "not hard". And if you think so, I welcome you to post videos of you doing so as proof. Which I highly doubt that you can.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
LilithSlave said:
You sound like someone who hates games you haven't even played and dismiss them.
That's funny, because I don't recall ever mentioning disliking them. I do, however, recall someone else in this thread pointing out your fondness of assumption and putting words into peoples' mouths.

HAVERSHA

Apr 24, 2009
So I can play splitscreen when my friends are over or with my little sister. That's one thing PC gaming can't do to any sort of a decent level.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Because keyboard and mouse > controller.
So personal preference = fact? Umm, no? And besides at least controllers were actually designed with gaming in mind.

Grey Day for Elcia said:
Console RPGs are dumbed down and stupid.
Really? Cause I've been playing Skyrim on Xbox and it doesn't feel dumbed down in the slightest. Not to mention all the JRPGs consoles get.

Grey Day for Elcia said:
Console shooters are slow and skilless (aim assist, much?).
Since when did Halo have aim assist? Or any console multiplayer? And you can turn aim assist off it bothers you so much.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Hazy992 said:
]So personal preference = fact?
Go ahead and point out exactly where I said it was a fact and not an opinion. I'll wait here.

JRPG is a misnomer; games like Final Fantasy aren't role playing games, but rather soap operas that pause every few minutes for you to fiddle with the controller.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Go ahead and point out exactly where I said it was a fact and not an opinion. I'll wait here.
Sure thing buddy:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Because keyboard and mouse > controller.
You don't say 'I prefer K+M to controllers' or 'personally I think K+M is better' you just said it was better like that was a fact.

Grey Day for Elcia said:
JRPG is a misnomer; games like Final Fantasy aren't role playing games, but rather soap operas that pause every few minutes for you to fiddle with the controller.
The elitism is strong with this one.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Hazy992 said:
Rofl. It was clearly an opinion. If you wanna take everything someone posts in a forum as supposed fact, good luck to you. I'll be over there, understanding what subjectivity means.

Elite in what regard? In not like JRPGs? That makes no sense. I don't think you understand how to use that word.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
i have actually bean leaning more and more into PC gaming than usual. my PS2 has a library of over 50 games. meanwhile i only have 6 or so PS3 or 360 games. during the PS2 era i would buy 1 maybe 2 pc games a year.

and quite honestly, depending on how the anti-used sales on the new consoles goes (and lets be honest, they will do it in a way to milk as much money out of the consumer as possible. the gaming industry doesnt know the meaning of "reasonable" anymore) i probably wont buy a new generation console. and no backwards compatibility....

that and PC gaming is super cheap compared to buying games on the console. i can get any AAA (other than CoD games which take forever to go on sale) for 10-15 bucks within 6 months of release on the PC. consoles? hahahaha...no. hell, there are a few games from the last generation (persona series, suikoden 5 to name a few) that ive always wanted to play but are going UP in price.

oh, JRPGs dying is another reason why ive been leaning away from consoles. was never into sport games or racing games, so i dont have those to tie me into consoles. RTS are still a pain on the console, and i prefer fps on pc.

my PS3 mostly gets used for netflix and bluerays, not gaming.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Rofl. It was clearly an opinion
Well try and make that a little clearer next time.

Grey Day for Elcia said:
If you wanna take everything someone posts in a forum as supposed fact, good luck to you.
I'll assume people are stating things as fact when they write it in such a way that it doesn't look like an opinion. Like you did.

Grey Day for Elcia said:
I'll be over there, understanding what subjectivity means.
Clearly you won't based on your posts.

Grey Day for Elcia said:
Elite in what regard? In not like JRPGs? That makes no sense. I don't think you understand how to use that word.
I don't think your elitist for not liking JRPGs. I think you're elitist for mocking them the way you did, to the point where you say they're not RPGs. So because you don't like them they don't count? That is why I think you're being elitist. Not to mention your opinions on consoles scream PC elitism

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Hazy992 said:
You go ahead and have this conversation with someone every time they say something along the lines of "X is better than Y," or "X is a bad Y." It's a forum. Opinions are discussed. It is impossible to state a fact when the subject is personal taste. Why you would assume someone would try is beyond my imagination.

Hazy992 said:
they're not RPGs
Because they aren't. THAT is a fact. Your average J'RPG', ready?

Unlikely hero.

Evil organization.

Gather up group of stereotypes, including a love interest and a quiet outsider with a secret heart of gold.

Take a step. Cutscene.

Take a step. Battle.

Take a step. Cutscene.

Your interaction with the story: none.

Your interaction with the game: choose an attack.

Your interaction with the characters: none.

Your influence over the story or world: none.

If Final Fantasy is a roleplaying game, so is Gears of War.

Go ahead, brush it off and label me some pathetic quip. I couldn't care less. If anything, your failure to address a single point and to offer nothing but said quips reminds me how invalid your argument (or lack there of) is.

EDIT: Oh and add to the FF soup loads of brooding emo drama and inner torment the likes of which are most likely pulled directly from teen diaries.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Hazy992 said:
You go ahead and have this conversation with someone every time they say something along the lines of "X is better than Y," or "X is a bad Y." It's a forum. Opinions are discussed. It is impossible to state a fact when the subject is personal taste. Why you would assume someone would try is beyond my imagination.
See most people on this site don't this. They know the difference between opinion and fact so they'll say 'personally I...' or 'I prefer...' You on the other hand just go 'it's better. It's just better'. You don't back it up, you don't assert it's opinion. You just make a declaritive statement.

Grey Day for Elcia said:
Hazy992 said:
they're not RPGs
Because they aren't. THAT is a fact. Your average J'RPG', ready?

Unlikely hero.

Evil organization.

Gather up group of stereotypes, including a love interest and a quiet outsider with a secret heart of gold.

Take a step. Cutscene.

Take a step. Battle.

Take a step. Cutscene.

Your interaction with the story: none.

Your interaction with the game: choose an attack.

Your interaction with the characters: none.

Your influence over the story or world: none.

If Final Fantasy is a roleplaying game, so is Gears of War.

Go ahead, brush it off and label me some pathetic quip. I couldn't care less. If anything, your failure to address a single point and to offer nothing but said quips reminds me how invalid your argument (or lack there of) is.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Hazy992 said:
Oh look, you offered nothing at all in defense. How surprising. I was totally expecting you to come up with a valid argument. Yup. Was so certain you wouldn't just palm it off and not bother to attempt a justification.

Me: This is why they aren't RPGS *lists several examples*

You: *sticks tongue out*

And we have a winner.

Even the post above you at least acknowledges the issues I raised, lol. You're too much.

I'm off to bed, but I'll miss this conversation.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Hazy992 said:
Oh look, you offered nothing at all in defense. How surprising. I was totally expecting you to come up with a valid argument. Yup. Was so certain you wouldn't just palm it off and not bother to attempt a justification.

And we have a winner.

Even the post above you at least acknowledges the issues I raised, lol. You're too much.

Maybe because it was so stupid and biased that I didn't really need to say anything else. G'night! You won't be missed!

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Hazy992 said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Hazy992 said:

And we have a winner.

Maybe because it was so stupid and biased that I didn't really need to say anything else. G'night! You won't be missed!
Oh look, more nothingness. At least offer a fanboi response if you can't come up with a single argument against my own. I showed you why the FF games aren't RPGs, someone agreed with me, and you stuck your tongue out and called me some names. Yeah, I'm the stupid on in this situation, lol.

Not so much haters gon' hate, but fans gon' stick their head in the sand.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Hazy992 said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Hazy992 said:

And we have a winner.

Oh look, more nothingness. At least offer a fanboi response if you can't come up with a single argument against my own. I showed you why the FF games aren't RPGs, someone agreed with me, and you stuck your tongue out and called me some names. Yeah, I'm the stupid on in this situation, lol.

Not so much haters gon' hate, but fans gon' stick their head in the sand.
You gonna keep repeating yourself or...? And BTW I don't personally like JRPGs but I at least recognise that they are RPGs. You're clearly playing a role and there is immersion. You progress, you get immersed in the story and the world and you interact with that world and with NPCs. Maybe some JRPGs are like what you say but they're not all like that.

It is not a fact that they're not RPGs, or even a widely accepted opinion. You're the first person I've heard who says they aren't RPGs. You've just drawn arbitrary line in the sand and gone 'they're not RPGs anymore because I say so'. It's like saying Tekken isn't a fighting game because it's not 2D. It doesn't make any sense.