Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
I guess a better thing to say is because it's designed with games in mind, it's more diverse for games (at least for me). I don't know about you but I wouldn't be able to play a fighting game or a driving game with a keyboard and mouse, at least not very well. I know K+M is considered better for FPS's and the like but you can still play them well with a controller.

And anyway, I thought his whole point was moot anyway as it's personal preference.
I can easily play a fighting game or a driving game with a keyboard and mouse. However, playing FPS with a controller is hard for me. It depends on who you are.
A controller is more well rounded though is what I'm saying.
About the same as a keyboard and mouse for me.

Doesn't really matter for me because I can just plug in a controller, but whatever.
You're just one person. The controller will probably be more well rounded for most gamers where the K+M will be genre specific.
citation needed
I clearly wasn't stating that as fact. I said 'probably' so it should be obvious to anyone I was merely speculating.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
I guess a better thing to say is because it's designed with games in mind, it's more diverse for games (at least for me). I don't know about you but I wouldn't be able to play a fighting game or a driving game with a keyboard and mouse, at least not very well. I know K+M is considered better for FPS's and the like but you can still play them well with a controller.

And anyway, I thought his whole point was moot anyway as it's personal preference.
I can easily play a fighting game or a driving game with a keyboard and mouse. However, playing FPS with a controller is hard for me. It depends on who you are.

Doesn't really matter for me because I can just plug in a controller, but whatever.
You're just one person. The controller will probably be more well rounded for most gamers where the K+M will be genre specific.
citation needed
I clearly wasn't stating that as fact. I said 'probably' so it should be obvious to anyone I was merely speculating.
oh okay so you're using speculation now. i see.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:

citation needed
Based on my experiences with using a K+M for those sorts of games, opinions of friends and of other gamers opinions around the internet. I really don't see a problem with speculation based on experience.

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
I usually prefer to play on consoles if possible, because I get much more problems trying to run pc games than I do with console games, which generally work fine. That, and my pc just isn't good enough to run any game released in the last five years, with a few exceptions (and not including indie games, which vary greatly).

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:

citation needed
Based on my experiences with using a K+M for those sorts of games, opinions of friends and of other gamers opinions around the internet. I really don't see a problem with speculation based on experience.
But how is it more rounded? Controllers are better than KB+M at racers, fighters, and platformers. Keyboards and mice are better at strategy games, simulation games, and any game in the first person. Most other genres vary greatly in control scheme and can probably be divided among the two and touchscreens. Really, they both have their strengths and weaknesses and one is not inherently better or "more rounded" than the other. Your experiences depended on what genres you wanted to play.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:

citation needed
But how is it more rounded? Controllers are better than KB+M at racers, fighters, and platformers. Keyboards and mice are better at strategy games, simulation games, and any game in the first person. Most other genres vary greatly in control scheme and can probably be divided among the two and touchscreens. Really, they both have their strengths and weaknesses and one is not inherently better or "more rounded" than the other. Your experiences depended on what genres you wanted to play.
Because the controller is at the very least decent with pretty much every genre. Most people are still enjoy FPSs with a controller, but you are literally the first person I've heard of who says they're fine playing a fighting game with a keyboard. I know it's all personal preference but a controller is more well rounded IMO and from what I've heard a lot of people feel the same way.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
Well I've never liked the controls to a PC. I've been a console gamer all my life and the only games that I find I prefer for the PC are RTS's (yes, I hate FPS mouse/keyboard scheme). The mouse/keyboard just doesn't feel like a gaming configuration to me.
Seconded.

I also prefer to be able to game and compute simultaneously, and I don't have two (identical) monitors. Not to mention my favorite games (mostly fighters) don't have PC versions.

Lastly, is it so bad that some of us just like/prefer consoles?

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Because the controller is at the very least decent with pretty much every genre. Most people are still enjoy FPSs with a controller, but you are literally the first person I've heard of who says they're fine playing a fighting game with a keyboard. I know it's all personal preference but a controller is more well rounded IMO and from what I've heard a lot of people feel the same way.
And how many people like playing RTS with a controller? Are controllers not well rounded? We should abandon everything and go to touchscreens because neither one of the more popular control schemes are well roudned.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Balobo said:
Hazy992 said:
And how many people like playing RTS with a controller? Are controllers not well rounded? We should abandon everything and go to touchscreens because neither one of the more popular control schemes are well roudned.
Finally some sensibility.