Why Homosexuality Should be Banned

SarahSyna

Jul 8, 2009
mega48man said:
SarahSyna said:
mega48man said:
well as to weather or not homosexuality is genetic or by choice is controversal, but as to proving a point, i'm not proving any point, i'm just punching out numbers and percentages without any bias opinions in hopes that you will stop seeing me as this radical gay hating bias nazi machine made in china funded by the FBI and leave me alone so i can go back to watching movie bob and zero punctuation.
Whether, not weather.

Your numbers are pretty meaningless. You're just going 'Well, there are FIVE PIES! So there!"

Hating gay folks isn't radical. It's very dull and common.
You lack swastikas.
You're a person, not a machine.
You seem to be an American citizen, not a Chinese one, if the references to the American education system are an indication.
Why would the FBI fund your creation?
forget the pies, but we know the government is planning something big, i can feel it in my bones.
and seriously, the pies was just an example that didn't work, just drop it.
No, I will never drop pies. I love them so!
Besides, you're the one who brought them up.

Aaaah, and here we have it. A conspiracy theorist. Impenetrable to all logic, I assume.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
SarahSyna said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
SarahSyna said:
To bring down the homosexuals. This must mean... Oh my gosh! Homosexuals are the ultimate warriors and the FBI wants to get rid of them before they realize their potential and take over the world!

*cough*

Sorry about that.
...I like you. Please continue being a nifty individual. =D
Awww shucks. You're too kind. *hug* <3

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
Snowy Rainbow said:
mega48man said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
mega48man said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
mega48man said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
mega48man said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
mega48man said:
second, when someone makes the decision to be gay and is open about it, that's when red -1 and blue +1. duh. you learned addition and subtraction in kindergarden.
Sexual preference isn't something someone decides.
so you're saying we don't have a choice?
We (human beings) can choose to have sex with whoever we want. But our sexual preference isn't a choice. Are you heterosexual (do you find the opposite sex attractive)? If so, when did you make that choice? If you didn't, you now see my point.
ah, damn, ummmm, not sure how to respond to that, it was a damn good trap, props.

well, the choice to be LBGT would be the choice we're talking about.
The choice to be born with the brain you have? I'm not aware of anyone who made that choice.
so now you're saying homosexuality is genetic and not by choice?
Did you choose to be born your sex? Did you choose your skin or eye colour? The movies or music you like? The people you find pretty? Ugly? Funny or stupid? We don't get to choose how we are made. But we do get to choose how we treat others. Instead of attacking innocent people who aren't harming or interfering with anyone's life, why not choose to leave them be and bring a little more love and a little less prejudice into the world.
holy crap, you're missing the point. we're talking about sexuality, not race or movies or music or anything like that. you can change what music you like, i've liked all kinds of music, i used hate rap and techno but now i'm listening to dubstep and i like gorillaz, your music preference isn't related to how you were made. you're made either male/female and one of several ethnicities, your sexuality is decided by either genetics like some scientists are claiming or by how you were raised.

i understand your stance on treating people, thank you for having a heart of gold, it's a noble stance, but i'm not attacking anyone. i used to be picked on all the time as a kid, still hurts even today. i know how badly people should treat one another when they don't.
Sadly, I think it is you who is missing the point here. You seem to be of the opinion that people choose their sexuality when it is one you personally dislike (homosexuality), but others don't choose their sexuality when it is something you like and feel is normal (heterosexuality). It just doesn't work that way.

Hate whoever you like. That's your freedom. But don't try to tell others they choose to be alienated from their friends and family, beaten, assaulted and murdered. If homosexuality was a choice, no one would make it.
this is obviously coming from the heart, i can see that, and i'm sorry that you had to endure the hardships you may or may not have gone through. but this is getting to the point where i feel you reeeeally don't like me because of something i said despite my efforts to stay neutral, so i'm gonna GTFO this thread if we can't stay neutral in a conversation.

elton john made the choice, and he and his partner are damn proud

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
SarahSyna said:
mega48man said:
SarahSyna said:
mega48man said:
well as to weather or not homosexuality is genetic or by choice is controversal, but as to proving a point, i'm not proving any point, i'm just punching out numbers and percentages without any bias opinions in hopes that you will stop seeing me as this radical gay hating bias nazi machine made in china funded by the FBI and leave me alone so i can go back to watching movie bob and zero punctuation.
Whether, not weather.

Your numbers are pretty meaningless. You're just going 'Well, there are FIVE PIES! So there!"

Hating gay folks isn't radical. It's very dull and common.
You lack swastikas.
You're a person, not a machine.
You seem to be an American citizen, not a Chinese one, if the references to the American education system are an indication.
forget the pies, but we know the government is planning something big, i can feel it in my bones.
and seriously, the pies was just an example that didn't work, just drop it.
No, I will never drop pies. I love them so!
Besides, you're the one who brought them up.

Aaaah, and here we have it. A conspiracy theorist. Impenetrable to all logic, I assume.
nah, i just like question from the justice league. i find conspiricay theories fun just because of how sily and awesome they can be, it's the same reason people read comics; it's all about the "what if?"

pope_of_larry

Oct 18, 2009
the why i see it anyone who thinks you can choose to be homosexual is gay and in the closet because if they think it is a choice then they "chose" to be strait.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
pope_of_larry said:
the why i see it anyone who thinks you can choose to be homosexual is gay and in the closet because if they think it is a choice then they "chose" to be strait.
Unfortunately many people see homosexuality as a deviation (and a choice) from the norm, rather than sexuality as a whole being something one has no control over. I.e: everyone's heterosexual (we are all born that way) some people just choose to be otherwise.

It's not something I agree with in the slightest, but they are welcome to their opinion of course.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
Snowy Rainbow said:
pope_of_larry said:
Unfortunately many people see homosexuality as a deviation (and a choice) from the norm, rather than sexuality as a whole being something one has no control over. I.e: everyone's heterosexual (we are all born that way) some people just choose to be otherwise.

It's not something I agree with in the slightest, but they are welcome to their opinion of course.
Alas there is a large portion of people who think like that, and it always gets to me how they can think people can choose who they are attracted to. An example for straight people would be, two straight people can walk into a room and find drastically different people attractive, this isn't a 'choice' they just find some things attractive and others not. It's the same for gay people, they find their own sex attractive rather than the opposite.

I will however admit the possibility, that outside conditioning can slightly affect our sexuality, but I don't think people can be made, or choose to be gay, it is something that you are born with.

Again, these are my views, but to anyone who genuinely thinks homosexuality is a choice, please read my posts on pages 7 and 8 (I think) and then tell me why anyone would choose to go through the hell I had to endure.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
AnkaraTheFallen said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
pope_of_larry said:

Alas there is a large portion of people who think like that, and it always gets to me how they can think people can choose who they are attracted to. An example for straight people would be, two straight people can walk into a room and find drastically different people attractive, this isn't a 'choice' they just find some things attractive and others not. It's the same for gay people, they find their own sex attractive rather than the opposite.

I will however admit the possibility, that outside conditioning can slightly affect our sexuality, but I don't think people can be made, or choose to be gay, it is something that you are born with.

Again, these are my views, but to anyone who genuinely thinks homosexuality is a choice, please read my posts on page 8 (I think) and then tell me why anyone would choose to go through the hell I had to endure.
I think sexual preference is 100% genetic. However, I also think one's environment (culture, religion, etc.) and how they were raised as a child has an affect on them and they're explicit sexual behavior, just in a different way. People raised in an environment where homosexuality is never mentioned, acted on, expressed or really exists in any obvious way may still be born gay, but they may not realize it or choose not to act on it if they do out of fear or self-hate (such as in your case when you were younger, Jamie). After all, the first homosexual didn't have any gay influences.

To sum up my opinion: one's innate sexuality is genetic. One's behavior and mindset is a mixture of genetics and environment.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
Snowy Rainbow said:
I think sexual preference is 100% genetic. However, I also think one's environment (culture, religion, etc.) and how they were raised as a child has an affect on them and they're explicit sexual behavior, just in a different way. People raised in an environment where homosexuality is never mentioned, acted on, expressed or really exists in any obvious way may still be born gay, but they may not realize it or choose not to act on it if they do out of fear or self-hate (such as in your case when you were younger, Jamie). After all, the first homosexual didn't have any gay influences.

To sum up my opinion: one's innate sexuality is genetic. One's behavior and mindset is a mixture of genetics and environment.
I'd whole heartedly agree with that idea, and when it first arised, for want of a better way to put that, It was fairly common and accepted, it's well known ancient Greeks and Romans had openly gay relationships. It wasn't until the rise of our major religions that people started caring about it. But that's getting into a religious debate I'd much rather avoid.
My point is that before people were so against it, anyone who was gay was completely free to act on it, heck, for Roman soldiers it was almost considered the norm to have a gay relationship with fellow soldiers. And I can only hope we one day are in a similar mind set.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
AnkaraTheFallen said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

I'd whole heartedly agree with that idea, and when it first arised, for want of a better way to put that, It was fairly common and accepted, it's well known ancient Greeks and Romans had openly gay relationships. It wasn't until the rise of our major religions that people started caring about it. But that's getting into a religious debate I'd much rather avoid.
My point is that before people were so against it, anyone who was gay was completely free to act on it, heck, for Roman soldiers it was almost considered the norm to have a gay relationship with fellow soldiers. And I can only hope we one day are in a similar mind set.
I'm all for more love in the world ^^

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Snowy Rainbow said:
Titan Buttons said:
I love arguements like this that are just taking the piss, but actually make good points while doing it.

Not gona lie though, when I clicked it I was think "What is this ignorante prick talking about?"
Sorry :p I hope the sarcasm served the point all the more.
Oh it did, I had a good laugh

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Let me give a background before anybody starts saying I'm a homophobe. I have no problem with gay people; what they do is of no bearing to what I do. I ignore those mothers that say, "Well, what am I supposed to tell my child?" Fuck them. Learn to be a good parent and try to explain, or just ignore it until they get older. I have a couple of gay friends, and nobody in our group cares. I don't give a shit about who or what they marry as long as it's not forced onto me. My only problem is with the term "marriage."

I don't want to get into a discussion, but here's what I will say. In America at least, the only reason gays wanted "marriage" is because they wanted the Social Security benefits given to married couples. There is already in place something that is the same legal binding contract as marriage, but specifically for homesexual marriages. It's called Civil Union. The only reason that benefit in Social Security was put in place, was because the government expected the woman to stay at home and watch the children, thus leaving the man with more monetary responsibilities and they decided he should get benefits. I'm all for just taking this out of it, because nowadays both parents work anyways. Take that archaic clause out of Social Security, and I'm all for gay marriage.

I'm sorry if I offended anybody by saying this, but it's the truth for way, way too many people. There are always those exceptions that are downright appalled that there is a different term, but I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the majority.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
HalfTangible said:
Baradiel said:
HalfTangible said:
Baradiel said:
ScourgeOfHell said:
You know, ive seen a lot of threads about homosexuality in these forums, and most if not all the posts defend it with an almost religious fervor. What is it with you people and gay rights, how can anyone defend that. Im sorry for being a "troll" or whatever, but seriously ppl.
You're so obviously trolling, and you will soon be banned, but in the meantime lets try and discuss your failings as a decent human being.

Its funny you describe standing for gay rights as being 'almost religious', which I think is ironic and slightly insulting to the cause. Gay Rights uses scientific, medical and social evidence to promote equality and understanding, while religion uses fear, ignorance and hatred to install feelings of loyalty to an imaginary being, often with the promise of eternal happiness, in exchange for your free will and worldly possessions.

So, yeah... Grow a pair.
And i find it ironic you treat an entire group (religion) as complete garbage... because you have seen some of them treat a different group (homosexuals) like garbage.

Personally I am against two things homosexual (Gay pride and marriage - The latter on principle, and the former because pride in something you're trying to tell me is irrelevant to your character makes absolutely zero sense) but i am not against homosexuals themselves.

If you're against the religious reasons for denouncing homosexuality, fine. My pride in my savior can take the hit. But don't you fucking DARE tell me that my entire group is idiotic garbage because of something a single troll on an internet forum said.
Firstly, I'll accept that I fell for the troll. I was angry, and I generalised. I'd just like to say I don't consider religion to be complete garbage, some basic principals are worth upholding.

The gay pride thing I've already tried to explain to people, in that it isn't just about being proud in your sexuality, its a way of showing a united front against those who would try and persecute and harm them if they were separate.

My reasons for my anti-religion are many and far reaching, with the way major religions treat homosexuals being just one, and its not just because of that one troll. Religion has its good points, such as making people feel accepted and secure (heh, kinda like a gay pride march, really), but it also has many, many problems which I can't pass off. Don't get me wrong, I used to be religious, I have many friends who are religious, and we often have friendly, if heated, debates about the benefits and drawbacks of religion.

I won't lie. I look back on my religious upbringing and think "How the hell did I believe that nonsense?" and when people discuss how their saviour will deliver them, I sigh inwardly. I try not too, I honestly do, and I'm usually balanced and objective in everything I do. But I just think about how organised religion has fucked people over, both the people who are part of it and the people who aren't, and I just thank God (Beautiful irony, there) that I'm not one of them.

I'm sorry that you took offense at my post, but my stance on religion is not based on a single troll. Its based on my experiences and the knowledge I have learnt, and my personal opinion.
'Uniting with your group' isn't why i oppose gay pride rallies - i stand behind that (partly because i'm in at least four outcast groups) i oppose it because the few times i've seen it it ISN'T about having pride in being gay, it's having pride in dressing like clothes are out of style. I'd feel the same way about whore pride rallies. The difference here is that gay pride has the defense of being an oppressed group, so it's not possible to stop without being called bigot or homophobe.

I realize that's in all likelihood a generalization, but I don't have much else to work with here.

If you don't want to follow god... well, that's your choice, and I am both unable and unwilling to stop you from making that choice. Personally i agree that religion has massive problems (starting with TV priests demanding money from the watchers) but that god is real and it's principles are worth upholding.

I'm sorry i got pissed off over this. I'm just sick of anti-religion and troll feeding... very sick of 'em.
I'll agree with you, I'm not a fan of the whole dressing up shebang, but thats part of the spectacle. It wouldn't be much of a parade if everyone was walking along in normal clothes, would it?

And while I'm glad I don't believe in a deity like you, I still envy you. You know that your life is in the hands of a greater being, a caring, loving entity who will take care of you. Part of me wishes I had that confidence in my life. You know what waits for you after death, and your belief in your God gives you support through life. Yeah, I can see why people follow religion. I hope it makes you happy.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
Sup I said:
CLEVERSLEAZOID said:
The video I found quite humourous. Although I can't see posting it as anything else other than trollbait as it is rather... obnoxious at the same time. Some people will be too dumb to take it how its supposed to be taken and will see it as an attack against homosexuality.

Plus there is the fact its your very first post.
I agree, but the real reason I quoted you is your awsome SuperJail Jailbot avatar. You have awsome tastes in cartoons.
Why thank you! Jailbot is rather awesome. I wish I had my very own!

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
TheSniperFan said:
cobra_ky said:
TheSniperFan said:
Vault Girl said:
Homosexuality is quite common in the natural world in many other species, why should humanity be any different?
Because we're talking about gay rights here, so animals have nothing to do in this discussion. That's like saying: It's unnatural for the human being to fly. And then someone comes up with: "But, birds...".
in what sense, then, can you say that homosexuality is unnatural? you seem to be appealing to a purely subjective standard of human nature.
I'm not going to explain it again or quote myself here, as it were quite much posts and I'm sure you can read and understand. In very short: Sexuality is meant to ensure that a race has offspring. As homosexuality does not fulfill this condition, it is theoretically unnatural.

As that was a very short summary of my discussion with other people here, I'm not going to answer you if you use this post as base to continue the conversation.
what, you think i haven't been following the thread? i think i have all...9 of them open right here. until now, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.291249-Why-Homosexuality-Should-be-Banned?page=11#11572032>this is the closest you've come to answering my question:

TheSniperFan said:
Looks like someone likes to sound intelligent. Let's split it up:

James Joseph Emerald said:
Dictionary, define: unnatural.
un·nat·u·ral/&#716;&#601;n&#712;naCH(&#601;)r&#601;l/Adjective
1. Contrary to the ordinary course of nature; abnormal.
2. Not existing in nature; artificial.
Not even nature is perfect. Diseases aren't the way it "should" be and for homosexually (the human one - Animals are irrelevant here) the same counts. Therefore both of them are "unnatural".
Note: This is the definition YOU gave ME.
James Joseph Emerald said:
So what you're saying, Wiki, is that once homosexuality is accepted by society, it becomes natural?
Let me do it like you did:

Dictionary, define: nature.
na·ture /&#712;ne&#618;t&#643;&#601;r/
"the natural world as it exists without human beings or civilization."
or
"in an uncivilized or uncultured condition."

So what does it mean in this context?
That it is irrelevant what society thought, thinks or will ever think, as we aren't talking about how the human being/the society changes the world, but how it "should" be. The human can't change nature.
Wow, we're going offtopic here...

You've yet to explain why humans "shouldn't" be homosexual. Now you're making a similar claim, that human sexuality is "meant" to produce offspring. Meant by who? Without appealing to biology, or social norms, or to a subjective moral authority, how can you say human sexuality has any meaning at all?