Why Homosexuality Should be Banned

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011

I found this video and thought I'd share. Pretty old now, but I've only seen it today.

What do you think?

I thought it was great. The (sarcastic) points were pretty funny and actually hold up nicely as counterpoints to a lot of anti-homosexuality arguments. The editing was a tad annoying, but whatever.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
The video I found quite humourous. Although I can't see posting it as anything else other than trollbait as it is rather... obnoxious at the same time. Some people will be too dumb to take it how its supposed to be taken and will see it as an attack against homosexuality.

Plus there is the fact its your very first post.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
CLEVERSLEAZOID said:
The video I found quite humourous. Although I can't see posting it as anything else other than trollbait as it is rather... obnoxious at the same time. Some people will be too dumb to take it how its supposed to be taken and will see it as an attack against homosexuality.

I dunno. My avatar is a rainbow, my name has rainbow in it and the video is supremely sarcastic. You really think it'll go over anyone's head? You think too little of your Escapst brothers and sisters! :p

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
A nice video. I saw it a while ago. But it's just another reminder that the youtube community posting comments is... not as good as they could be.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
At first I thought it was a troll, then I watched the video and smiled. :p

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
Snowy Rainbow said:
CLEVERSLEAZOID said:

I dunno. My avatar is a rainbow, my name has rainbow in it and the video is supremely sarcastic. You really think it'll go over anyone's head? You think too little of your Escapst brothers and sisters! :p
Yeah I do think it'll go over some peoples heads x)

Notice my post count to my join date, I don't post very often on here [compared to some users, I.E Dexiro who has been for a year and a half and has almost ten times the amount of posts I do] due to the fact that people get far too uppity and think they are taking the high ground, by arguing with you then dropping a report on one of your posts, leaving you with a dirty warning stain on an otherwise sterling profile. So yeah I skulk in the background, occasionally posting where I feel it might be safe :p

So yeah, a lot of people on the Escapist are dumb, and think everything has to be reported. I'm sure as shit you'll get some sort of rebuttal from this :p

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
Ran in here pissed as hell then watched the video... going to have to take this pent up anger elsewere 0.0

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
I loved this video thank you for posting this.

It make good points bluntly I like that. So sad that I have known a few people like that but they were being real about it not to this extreme but still.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
dvd_72 said:
At first I thought it was a troll, then I watched the video and smiled. :p
I got a smile and a chuckle out of it too. ^^

Terminalchaos said:
Well articulated. I'm surprised I haven't seent his before. I love the bit about America being a theocracy. That almost rings true seeing that it wasn't until recently that Wiccan soldiers had their religion recognized or were allowed to have a pentacle on their gravestones after dying for their country.
I don't know much about the Wiccan religion. From what I've seen it's centered around the idea that there is a female spirit type being (a mother) that created or is a large part of the universe -- almost druidic in nature. Seems like a religion to me. A religion based on love and, again with my little knowledge on the issue, one that is accepting of everyone. Kinda like a more theistic spiritualism and Buddhism, I think. Oh, and they believe in a sort of magic.

Why would anyone not wish to recognize that belief system as a religion?

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
Nunny said:
Ran in here pissed as hell then watched the video... going to have to take this pent up anger elsewere 0.0
I know what you mean I was ready to rage when I saw the topic but for me that rage went right into omfg this is hilarious.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Broken Boy said:
I loved this video thank you for posting this.

It make good points bluntly I like that. So sad that I have known a few people like that but they were being real about it not to this extreme but still.
I love it too. I'm not normally down with sarcasm, but it was pretty clever here.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
fi6eka said:
I dont't hold anything againts gay people - what they do in their bedrooms is their problem.The video is good and the guy expreses some valid and som invalid reasons.

But I think we should ban gay pride parades.I can't imagine how you can gain support to your cause by dressing in abnoxiously coloured dress pretending to be a woman.Plus the word parade go buy a dictionary and find the meaning of that word.
I simply can't imagine that some people with any sence of moral would go around parading with their sexuality.

And again I will say that what gay people do in bed is their problem -I just don't like how some faggots try to shoff their ass in my face
It's a matter of opinion in this case; you dislike a small, vocal aspect of the community (those who are flamboyant and the more outlandish transgender people) but there is nothing wrong with them voicing that aspect of themselves. Just as you would be free to arrange a parade where you wear whatever you like and the such.

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
fi6eka said:
And again I will say that what gay people do in bed is their problem -I just don't like how some faggots try to shoff their ass in my face
Pretty sure that they don't consider it a problem. And how many 'faggots' actually try to shove their arses in your face? Or do you mean flaunt their sexuality?

OT: Thought the video was really good, made some very good points. Always a fan of sarcasm, so getting arguments across that way is always good

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
I saw this thread title, and was like "Oh, HELL no." and was fully ready to argue with you for the rest of the day.

Then I saw the video. I like it. Its my sort of humour (ie, mocking people by showing the idiocy in their opinions)

Welcome to the Escapist :)