Why isn't anyone going nuts from Golden Sun?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I don't "Go nuts."
I "go gonzo."
And yes, I am pretty excited, mostly to see what the spiffy new...
Summons? What on earth were those things called agian..?

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Ive got the 1st and 2nd golden sun, and they were awesome! (although my sequel was in german so I didnt understand all of it, I might have to get the english version)

Golden sun 3 DS!

I will have to man it out and borrow my mums pink DS for a while lol.

rosac

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
PlasticTree said:
Something I'm noticing here. I see topics about Mario, Metroid, that crappy vitalitything..but what about Golden Sun? Am I the only one who finds that the best announcement of the Nintendo-conference? I've been waiting for this for 6 long, long years.

I'm absolutely glad with Mario Galaxy and Metroid, but it was Golden Sun that made me jump from my chair. Mario and Metroid were to be expected sooner or later, but Golden Sun was basicly dead. So, all together now: hooray for Golden Sun!
OH MY GOD! IT"S FINALLY COMING OUT??!????!?!?!?!?11111111oneoneoneone,

Seriously, I was nine when I played the last one for the first time. My brother made me cry by telling me that, since the sequel was NEVER GOING TO COME OUT, all the characters had been murdered and tossed into an unmarked grave. Shit, I had a bad childhood :D

Erana, they were Djinn.

Crooked Knight

Nov 8, 2007
Am I the only one isn't going nuts because Golden Sun just isn't very good? I just don't get what people see in the series, and I love JRPGs. And Camelot, for that matter. (outside of Beyond the Beyond, which we can all agree never happened.)

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Erana said:
Summons? What on earth were those things called agian..?
I know three of them were Nereid, Ramses and Atalanata, but that first one escapes me.

Ramses looked fucking awesome. Bursting out of the pyramid.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
apsham said:
Golden Sun was.. well it was kinda fun I guess but it was way too drawn out and confusing at times. So therefore, I'm not THAT excited.
I call it a B class series not great but fun non the less, FF has become a flashship title meaning tis touted as a A class game but is really a C or B--, FF12 has a broken class system,redundant(more so than normally) combat unimaginative equipment and skill system, its tried and going thought he motions and I can say as much for FFX. Hell most Jrpgs and to a lesser extent US made RPGs are either boring to play,have a crappy story or rely on grinding for everything, some like Mass effect are to small and feel like half a game.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
PlasticTree said:
Something I'm noticing here. I see topics about Mario, Metroid, that crappy vitalitything..but what about Golden Sun? Am I the only one who finds that the best announcement of the Nintendo-conference? I've been waiting for this for 6 long, long years.

I'm absolutely glad with Mario Galaxy and Metroid, but it was Golden Sun that made me jump from my chair. Mario and Metroid were to be expected sooner or later, but Golden Sun was basicly dead. So, all together now: hooray for Golden Sun!
Golden sun you say ? hmmmmm

never heard of it !

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
Golden sun 3!!!!
I loved the Golden Sun games so much - though I can only barely remember what they were about now.
That is awesome news.

In answer to the op - I have no idea, maybe because it has been 6 years... Then again I find Mario is so samey. For Metroid though, it is a good series, and don't people love Samus?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I stopped getting all excited after following the hype for Brawl. I have never been so disappointed in game, and because of that I am going to follow Yahtzee's advice and expect everything to be crap!

Plus I don't like Golden Sun anyway.

Tales of Golden Sun

Dec 18, 2008
The Great JT said:
I know three of them were Nereid, Ramses and Atalanata, but that first one escapes me.

Ramses looked fucking awesome. Bursting out of the pyramid.
It's Eclipse! :D

It's a shame the summons are 3D now, I really liked those drawings.

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
It has been confirmed that the new golden sun story is based on the descendants of the Golden Sun crew.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
So many people are going back and forth over this (well, the majority of them seem to LIKE golden sun anyway) so I may as well ring in as well as well.

Golden Sun, yes. It was an amazing game. New trailer that nintendo released. Yes. I'm excited. Finally we get another wholesome RPG from the nintendo peoples.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
reap579 said:
It has been confirmed that the new golden sun story is based on the descendants of the Golden Sun crew.
Just what I was afraid of.

Oh well, Camelot did such a good job with the first two that I'll definitely be picking this one up. I got SO giddy when I heard about this, seriously. It's the best news I could hope for at E3. A friend asked my predictions, and I joked, "GS3, please." Couldn't believe it when it was ACTUALLY announced.

DaisukeVulgar

May 6, 2009
I wasn't even aware they announced it. I recently got Golden Sun 1 awhile back after and I loved that too, a friend had given me Golden Sun 2 so that's why I played them out of order. I hope it is released soon, definitely a game I want to add to my DS collection.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Crooked Knight said:
Am I the only one isn't going nuts because Golden Sun just isn't very good? I just don't get what people see in the series, and I love JRPGs. And Camelot, for that matter. (outside of Beyond the Beyond, which we can all agree never happened.)
Why not, exactly? To me it was the reason I started playing (j)RPG's, so I find it hard to believe that there are people out there who are capable of not liking it.

PrinceMarth said:
I went to my friends and said, told you so.
And after that you two did a dance of joy?

Andaxay said:
reap579 said:

Just what I was afraid of.
Nothing to be afraid of, to be honest. We know Camelot can deliver a good story, and they are pretty much obligated to make this a good game. For a relatively small studio Golden Sun is a huge franchise, and therefore Camelot's face to the world. Combined with Nintendo's pressure there is a really good chance that they'll go all out on this one. And what's wrong with a new cast? Golden Sun had a long story, told in two 30 hours+ games, so I can't consider some fresh faces a bad idea. And I'm sure the game will be crawling with references to the first two games.