Why the Book Is Always Better

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
TiefBlau said:
Fuck, you're impenetrable. I don't know if you just don't have a strong enough grasp of English to understand the points I'm making or what, but whatever semblance of reasonable argument you had before is gone. I'm done.
More like your arguments fall to "but people are watching it so it much be good." Like the reason why people climb mountains and crap.... its there thats why.... the industry would be making the same is they did not try so hard to water stuff down with druged out interpretations of reality through the filter of whatever fiction they are adapting.
IE Realistic interpretations of fiction fail and fail hard. Hell Marvel Ultimate is a realistic reinterpretation of the marvel universe and fails hard and thats before they tried to make FF4 silver sulfer! ..er surfer....

Also you have alot more tolerance and apathy for the re interpretation of fiction to film I only see 2 kinds of sht crap and manure and if it ain't manure it's just plain old sht!

Now one other thing For me average is bad I do not want average I want better and because thats a near impossibility with todays media I am bitter and wh9ny. :p lulz

I actually enjoy comparing Scott Pilgrim with the actual comics. Even if I didn't particularly like the movie, it's still interesting to see the way others see the comics.
Now here's something that could use more story/depth and watering down the fiction didn't hurt it one bit since they didn't water it down. It would have done alot worse as a nichy geeked out rom com.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
TiefBlau said:
FlyAwayAutumn said:
That's why I throw out my recollection of the book, if I've read it before seeing the movie, and just enjoy the movie. When Scott Pilgrim was made into a film I threw out my experience reading the book and just enjoyed the fight scenes in the movie, I also enjoy spotting what they changed afterwards.
I actually enjoy comparing Scott Pilgrim with the actual comics. Even if I didn't particularly like the movie, it's still interesting to see the way others see the comics.
Actually I like seeing how each different medium ends. Between the game the book and the comics there were 3 different endings and the game was the funniest. If you don't know it ends with Scott dating Kim, Knives and Envy at the same time but Ramona leaves which didn't make sense but was funny.