Why With All The Crying?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Oh the True Ending of Corpse Party makes me cry every time. Fuckin' Seiko man. A text message beep has never made me cry before.

This song still makes me a little teeny bit teary

All hail Lelouch *sniff*

Oh and I can't stand dogs getting hurt in anything. You know that part in Walking Dead Episode 4? Course you do, everyone has played that game. The part with the kid? Yeah that one, I was upset over THE DOG. My distaste for all child characters holds true it seems.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Every time I ram my toe against the door frame, I am a manly man, I shouldn't tear up.

The ending to infamous 2, Cole may have the personality of a potatoe but it still gets me

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
I dont think I have actually cried for real since I was a kid, but I do get teary-eyed sometimes when playing games. The one thing that gets me EVERY god damn time is the memories in Lost Odyssey, they are truly beautifully written and somehow, the concept of an immortal man and the hardships and sorrows he silently observes during his many years just strikes a cord with me.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
The ending to Terminator 2 made me cry the first time I saw it. I still choke up a tad when I see it today

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
The beginning of Up got me a little upset, but not quite watery-eyed, as did the end of Halo 4.

There was something I watched a few months ago that put me in the position where I was trying hard to hold back tears - Can't remember what it was though. A TV show maybe. I also got wet-eyed after watching a several-season marathon of Star Trek Voyager, an episode or two a day for 2 months. It was particularly emotional listening to the intro theme for the last time. Having never really watched Star Trek before, I was really enjoying it. It was sad to see it end (and on such a poor episode too).

The last time a game made me cry? Probably
When Dom dies, I did not see it coming and I shed a single tear. Gears 3 was a pretty good game in the end, far better than the previous two titles, but the series as a whole was nothing special and had pretty crappy story, characters and even gameplay. The third one had a little bit of substance to each element, but not enough to make me cry. I was taken aback by how upset I was. Probably the 3rd party music and actually-good cinematography. The visual in the trilogy, such as camera angles in cutscenes, were generally pretty good. Best example of when Dom finds his wife in the pens in Gears 2.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
the end of godzilla (the 1998 american one) when i was a kid (around 10 i think)

i cried cause when i first watched it, godzilla was my fucking IDOL (strange i know) i worshipped the badly english dubbed movies, as he stopped around tokyo as a unstoppable force of nature, fighting other monsters to my kiddish delight
but after ive watched the the movie again when i was older, i became angry instead of sad, angry cause they butchered the name "godzilla" in the worst way possible
although i was very happy when i watched Final Wars (if you have seen it you know what i mean :D )

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
I cried when Mufasa died in Lion King. Most of the people I know did, too. Thus, I consider crying at Mufasa's death one of the defining moments of my generation.

Other than that, I don't think I've ever cried, but some things made me feel genuinely sad. The infamous Futurama episode, "Jurassic Bark". The beginning of Up.

That one scene in The Pianist, where the starved thief tries to steal food from a woman, it falls to the ground and he dives face first into it, was very powerful. Not a tearjerker, but made me very emotional.

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
Definitely when Dinobot dies in Beast Wars. Love the scene and still some how gets me when I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oifs6ulpd9A

I love Beast Wars and Dinobot was my favourite character and I enjoy a good sacrificing-for-the-greater-good death.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I cried when I heard that the 33 trapped mine workers from Chile were saved. At first I didn't care much, but then I thought about how bad the odds were that all of them would be saved, and thought of that quote from Doctor Who: "Everybody lives! Just this once, everybody lives!" and I started crying.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
I don't cry. I haven't cried in a long time.

When Ralph destroyed Vanellope's car, a part of me died inside.

Also, Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas in Community's court, and the season 8 finale of Scrubs.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I don't care how manly you are, if this doesn't make you well up you have no soul.
I personally think this is sadder than the opening to the movie.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
The ending of chapter 9 in Don Rosa's Scrooge McDuck biography. Every. Time.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Kilroy17 said:
Definitely when Dinobot dies in Beast Wars. Love the scene and still some how gets me when I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oifs6ulpd9A

I love Beast Wars and Dinobot was my favourite character and I enjoy a good sacrificing-for-the-greater-good death.
*sniff* He lived a warrior and died a hero...

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
When Aerith dies. First time I cried because of a video game. I was heartbroken. I couldn't play the game for 4 days, and I usually blast through every new FF game within 2 days of release.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
When Bilbo says, "Yes, I miss my home, but that's why I came back. Because you don't have one".

Seen it twice in the cinema now. Shed a single manly tear the last time.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'd say the strangest thing that gets me teary eyed on occasion is nostalgia. It's weird. I'm not one to live in the past, though I value it a lot... not sure why seeing certain things from my past being recognized gets me all tear-happy >.>

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
In "The Return of the King", when the Rohirrim charge at the Orcs during the final battle. I don't know why, but the music, combined with Theoden's speech, and the fact that they had just rescued most of my favorite characters from certain doom gets me a little misty-eyed every time.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I've just literally stopped crying at this comic

It was so weird, I was crying and laughing uncontrollably, it made me both sad and happy. God damn you Oatmeal, GOD DAMN YOU.

SerithVC

Dec 23, 2011
Watch Angel Beats. It's the only thing that ever made me shed a tear. At least when it comes to things not from real life.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
The part in Spirited Away when Chihiro and Haku fly away is the most recent part in a movie I can remember bringing me to tears. Just the combination of emotional attachment, the music and the feeling that everything's going to be fine is too much. Also this Any time she hits that falsetto at the end I can't take it any longer and just let the tears roll.