Why With All The Crying?

Mycroftian

The Mildly Enchanting
Aug 20, 2008
I have to admit I'm pretty sentimental. Any scene with a good amount of buildup and emotional weight can get me a little misty eyed.

That being said, a good majority of the social links in Persona 4 got me a little teary-eyed towards the end of their run. Not to mention the scenes in the hospital. And the ending.

ineedscissors

Oct 24, 2009
Damon Kucala said:
Thomas Was Alone, cant say anyhting about it except that it hit me right in the feels, hard. One of the best games I've played. A must play.
This game was amazing, and gets no where near the exposure it deserves. The fact that the writers of this game could make me care about those multi-coloured quadrilaterals so intensely with only a narration deeply impresses me (probably one of the best scripts ever written for a video game; seriously, check it out).

Just saw WALL-E for the first time last weekend. I was teary throughout most of the third act, but I lost my shit when
WALL-E (briefly) lost his memory at the end

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I once cried with happiness with Helga Pataki finally coming clean and admitting how she really loved the titular Arnold in Hey Arnold many moons ago. (Albeit to a psychiatrist.)

Watching her family continuously neglect her, being laughed at and belittled by her peers for showing a soft side sure made you feel for her.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
What gets to me is the end of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when Link leaves Zelda to go back to his own time. Not because the ending itself is that sad, but it's the ending to my favorite childhood game and the greatest game of all time as far as I'm concerned. It makes me think of all kinds of good times gone by and of the fleeting nature of life. Right now I'm sitting here thinking "wow, in the blink of an eye I went from a nine year old making memories, to a 23 year old grad student with actual adult problems," and it's all triggered thinking about that beautiful, wistful moment.

Honorable mentions also go to Lelouch's speech about happiness from Code Geass, as well as the last episode of The Walking Dead game.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
This is not for "no reason" but any dog related things makes me cry.
This is why I am afraid to go watch Frankenweenie

Also Korean movies. Korean movies are so good with violence and tearjerker stories.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009

You think it'll be okay. Yeah it's kinda sad but you can take it.

Then BAM! The last two minutes.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
WEll, most recently, Pat, by Built To Spill...

it might be my own penchant for suicidal tendancies, or my own linking of the relatable sentiment, or my own weakness for the idea of friendship, seeing as how it's something I've experienced in small quantities, but it's the first time I've had a good cry in a while...<.<

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
EeveeElectro said:
I've just literally stopped crying at this comic

It was so weird, I was crying and laughing uncontrollably, it made me both sad and happy. God damn you Oatmeal, GOD DAMN YOU.
Damn dude you gotta warn a man before he clicks on something like that, now I?m crying too. Really glad you shared though :)

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
RyQ_TMC said:
WWmelb said:
You didn't call this film by it's full name? "Harvey Keitel's Enormous Penis and The Piano".
I was referring to The Pianist (2002 Roman Polanski film), not The Piano.
Lol sorry, was just skimming the replies, and misread your post lol

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
EeveeElectro said:
I've just literally stopped crying at this comic

It was so weird, I was crying and laughing uncontrollably, it made me both sad and happy. God damn you Oatmeal, GOD DAMN YOU.
Yeah that got to me.

Sadhappy all at once

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
For me it's towards the end of Battlestar Galactica when...
Galactica makes her last jump. Every time Colonel Tigh says she's broken her back I tear up a little.

Here's the clip:
http://youtu.be/XgaWmIdxU_4?t=1m20s

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
End of Guild Wars 2 when this song plays... Jeremy Soule you've done it again. Its just the piano and the melody... the version with the lyrics and the instrumental always seem to get me.

They lyrics are powerful too. Dark and Light, I know its cliche but damn its still cool.

Linakrbcs

Jul 29, 2010
The opening of The Hobbit, when Bilbo tells Frodo the story, and it's the exact same opening words as the book. I read that book when I was very little, and I've loved it ever since. And then those words, and the shire theme playing in the background, felt so much like coming home. It's like meeting an old friend again after years apart, and realising in the moment you see them just how much you love them.
In the movie, it's not sad, it's just the beginning of the story, but I was still glad that cinemas are dark, because I was grinning like a maniac with tears in my eyes.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
The ending to Super Paper Mario got me good. I guess it was more of a so-happy-it's-sad kind of crying, though.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Seeing someone cry while eating. Like Chihiro in Spirited Away, when she sneaks off with Haku and he gives the hungry girl some rice balls to eat. She munches them down with tears the size of tennis balls running down her face, and when she starts to wail I get this big pit in my throat and I bawl too.
Actually, I get teary whenever anyone in a movie cries, ever, but for some reason it's much much worse if they're stuffing their mouths with food at the same time. Sometimes it's even enough for me to see someone eat whilst looking gloomy.