Wiimorse

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
I think there was one game to try on the Wii, Okami. Now, ok, I've heard that the Wii version lacks some stuff in the credits, but pff, doesn't really matter, does it?

Drawing the symbols in the sky with the wiimote must surely be better than trying to get a nice spiral on the screen by using a stick which doesn't allow sensitivity values between x+0.000001 and x+834476341034030e666.

There's stuff coming on Wiiware, which seems to have more to do with "real" games. Maybe give it a try, one more time.

Dark Shroud

Mar 18, 2008
I stood in line launch night with my brother to get some Wiis. We picked one up for someone else who couldn't stand out all night. I bought a GC solely for Zelda and beyond Zelda on the Wii there hasn't been anything I like. I really wanted to love Galaxy but I got tired real quick of the waggle to jump/attack. The option to map that to a button would have solved my problem. I'm trying brawl right now, I don't know how long this is going to last. I hate being told to hold the Wii Remote sideways, I have to dig out my wave birds.

That being said RE4 on the Wii is completely awesome.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Once again, most people here never mention some of the fantastic smaller titles for the Wii, like Zak & Wiki, Sam & Max Season 1, Bloob Blox, The Blob etc. And those are only retail titles, there's a lot of great stuff on WiiWare as well, like Mega Man 9, World of Goo, Toki Tori, Bit.Trip. Beat, Bomberman Blast and many more. And thanks to the Virtual Console, I'm finally able to play classics like Metal Slug, Gunstar Heroes, Super Metroid, Zelda: Majora's Mask and 19 other titles.

For fans of retro and indie games, the Wii is the ultimate console in my opinion.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
The way I look at it, if you only own a WIi, you are perfectly happy, fun games, good Virtual Console, a fun experience. You get one other gaming machine and the Wii is no more. The only game that kept my attention and kept me off the 360 was Super Mario Galaxy. I bought a few more Wii games (Kart, Animal Crossing), but quickly went back to my various Xbox games (Oblivion, CoD 4).

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
bobraj said:
I know that some gamers are extremely disappointed with the Wii but i believe the good times are just around the corner at E3. Most every Dev around the world has had a gander at the unique input of the Wii and I can't believe that there aren't some juicy titles waiting to be announced. If there aren't, then I suggest there is a serious problem with the Dev community and it's lack of ideas/funding.

On a personal level, I have been completely bowled over by the Wii and it's software lineup. Just a reminder to the naysayers, you can choose from Super Mario Galaxy(Best Game Ever!!) Zelda TP, RE4, Smash Bros, Metroid Prime 3, Wii Sports, GH3, Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes, PES 2008 and Super Paper Mario. These are just the games that I have bought.

Impressive lineup wouldn't you say!
I would say not, personally. Nintendo has been milking their mascot franchises for decades now and I couldn't care less about anything with Mario, Link, Samus, etc. at this point. Guitar Hero? My PS2 plays most of the Guitar Hero stuff still, so no need for a Wii version. There are a few unique and interesting titles on the Wii, but none of them capture my attention enough to really warrant a purchase.

Let me just add a p.s. to this: My wife and I do own a Wii, mostly because it was cheap and she wanted to play Zelda. We got Super Mario Bros. Wii for me, but after about 1 hour of playing I'm basically done with it. Of course we have Wii Sports and such too, but those don't really count since they come packaged with the system or a second Wiimote.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
My remained lifeless and unused until several months ago. My wife and I got the newest Harvest Moon game and found a surprisingly large amount of hours to be gained from it.

The other 'game' that really kicked up our use of the Wii was its pairing with Netflix so we could watch streaming video on it.

That said, I don't regret my purchase. I'm more of a PC gamer anyway, and use that to play my more serious games.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I got my Wii just after release day. I got 360 and PS3 at least a year after their release dates. Only 1 still works. Yeah, I would like more "hardcore" titles, but I can't play any games on my PS3 (lazer stopped reading) or Xbox 360. (RR) Both failed less than one month after a warranty ran out. Wii may be light on titles, but it isn't an untested shoddy piece of junk.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
I've had some fun with the Wii, n my sister enjoyed Zelda (first game she's finished before me ;) - I dunno what value you place on your time with a console to say whether it was worth the buy. It is a luxury, after all - 'worth' isn't really the right word, is it?

I use my PC almost exclusively, but I've got a couple of Gamecube games that I've spent some time on on the Wii. Not recently though, admittedly... unlikely I would have put much time into any console, really :/ The Wii's just there for Rock Band and Sports at socials.