Will Joe Biden Drop Out of the Presidential Race

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Joe Biden is the presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee for the 2020 election. Some see him as a sacrificial lamb with no real chance of beating incumbent Donald Trump. Others see him as a comfortable alternative, easily pliable by the powers that be. He's already promised to not bully the press.

But his negatives are piling up fast. Never mind that many think him showing serious signs of early onset dementia. Never mind his creepy past behavior. Now he is even facing a digital rape allegation.

Now some prominent Democrats are calling on him to bow out. Will he? Should he?

Example:

And

"Biden has infamously promised his VP slot to a woman. Once a patronizing prize, that slot is now a radioactive cesspit. Any woman who would consider joining this ticket — hired, really, as a human shield — should ask themselves: Is it worth it? "

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
The reason the DNC is not moving to replace Biden is because the obvious replacement is Sanders. They tried to float Cuomo, manufacturing some nonsense about his "great" response to Coronavirus, but he's fucking awful. And New York would have been better off with Cynthia Nixon.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, I really doubt they are going to replace Biden. They did choose him after all.

Reactions: gorfias

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
I seem to recall when he was vice president didn't everyone love Joe Biden? It seems like he's just become the devil suddenly in 2019. But I don't really know much about him.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I seem to recall when he was vice president didn't everyone love Joe Biden? It seems like he's just become the devil suddenly in 2019. But I don't really know much about him.
I don't quite get the dislike for Biden either, but this is from an overseas perspective.

I mean, the US system is effectively a two party one, so for better or worse (I'd personally say worse), the voters have a choice of Trump or Biden. Surely one of those men can be called out as being worse than the other.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
In other news: https://joebiden.com/blackamerica/
Some interesting stuff. Some potential for future accountants. Most a whole lot of meh. It's more postive than not for the people it's supposed to help tho. Thoughts?
Some of this seems to help one set of people over another.

As a person who just finished conversation with a chap about how the anti-lynching law is a clear step forward in the Blacl Agenda and actually hates on whites, I don't know how the average American will accept this. Edit: or be constitutional

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
A loud minority of people who don't vote don't like him.

Anyone who seriously thinks Biden will drop out when he has no more challengers does not understand anything about politics.

And Trump supporters need to stop projecting.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
In other news: https://joebiden.com/blackamerica/
Some interesting stuff. Some potential for future accountants. Most a whole lot of meh. It's more postive than not for the people it's supposed to help tho. Thoughts?
Just makes me think there is no replacement for a strong economy with lots of demand for workers and rising wages.

For instance, there is a lot of talk in here about the SBA. The SBA has been called Congresses’ petty cash drawer. That it feeds corruption, nepotism and other favoritism.

It isn’t a bad pitch as pitches go. “Let me buy your vote with other people’s money” is pretty standard in politics. (He who robs Peter to bribe Paul can always count on Paul’s vote).

Yeah, I really doubt they are going to replace Biden. They did choose him after all.
Those who support Biden, who have helped finance his campaign, done the canvasing… they really would have reason to be outraged.
I don't quite get the dislike for Biden either, but this is from an overseas perspective.
I am amazed he is still a force in US politics. He ran for POTUS in 1988 and got clobbered, particularly when caught engaging in plagiarism.

He is known largely for being a creepy fabulist making stuff up about himself and being a pretty empty suit who will do the bidding of his backers. If you think his backers are fine, you would be fine with him becoming POTUS. That isn’t a slam. These types of backers helped make the US the most powerful military and economic powerhouse on Earth. They’re not worthless. One simply needs to look past the packaging and understand what you are getting.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
When he was VP, I thought he was an creepy embarrassment and a fool. Sadly though that was before Trump, however, and Trump makes him look like a competent action hero in comparison. Just about anyone would look awesome compared to Trump though, it is difficult to attain that level of bad.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
When he was VP, I thought he was an creepy embarrassment and a fool.
Which, to be fair, is 100% why people liked him as VP. Joe Biden was the comic relief Vice President. He's basically real world Homer Simpson.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary Clinton gets subbed in at the last minute.
Well if you're going to commit electoral suicide, you may as well turn it into the biggest spectacle you can.

Jesus Christ, you'll be able to teach whole semesters of political theory with the material of the 2016 and 2020 elections.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It would be nice, but the chances of it happening are extremely low.

Firstly, Trump has already shown that somebody with credible accusations of sexual assault against them can win the White House (take note, those that believe that a continued Trump incumbency will somehow push us leftwards in future).

Secondly, this would drown the DNC in accusations of overriding the will of the Primary voters. Accusations of this very nature crippled the DNC in 2016, after the Wasserman-Schultz debacle. This would be tentimes worse for the electoral chances of the replacement, whether it be Sanders or anyone else.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Firstly, Trump has already shown that somebody with credible accusations of sexual assault against them can win the White House (take note, those that believe that a continued Trump incumbency will somehow push us leftwards in future).
Trump showed that a Republican could do that. The Democrats absolutely do not have to follow suit; electing Joe Biden normalizes Trump.