Will Metro going to be Greatest Trilogy in the history of Gaming?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hello,

So my friends, I started replaying Metro 2033 redux edition, in a preparation of Metro Exodus and will play Last light redux after i finish it. and the game still feel amazing.

then i wonder this game will end in trilogy this year. and very few trilogy in gaming doesnot suffer from any bad or weaker game.

Here when i look at Metro Series. first 2 games are some of the best story driven FPS games ever made. while Original 2033 version has unmatched atmosphere but it was not polished and its shooting mechanic were weak but Redux version has a great Gunplay which is very satisfying. and Exodus going to be one of the greatest thing ever if it even 1 4th of good as Stalker.

I really cant think of any other Trilogy that is this good. from gameplay to atmosphere to story and characters. everything 4A did was excellent.

So my dear friends, will it become a greatest trilogy in Gaming history?

Discuss

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Gonna say no also.

2033 was a really good FPS that was immersive and brought some new things to the table. Last light was alright. Now the third looks impressive but also looks the most AAA and cinematic of the three. I also worry that it will take away the most interesting part of the first game which is when it gives you glimpses of life in the tunnels and the dynamics between the characters and various factions that grew up there.

And the best trilogy ever was Dark Souls.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I haven't played the Metro games, so I can't compare it, but there are some other contenders.
Non-Fps ones even.

Not Diablo though (Thanks to D3), nor Dungeon Siege (Also thanks to the third one) or even Sacred (again..third sequel!).
Galactic Civilizations has been well received, but doesn't really jam with my play-style or preferences.
I would say Master of Orion, Personally, but I know that the third one is much disputed (What is it with the third iterations!?)
I think Warcraft can be lauded as the overall best trilogy in gaming by a wide variety though.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Absolutely not imho. Best game in the series though? Probably and I hope so, because outside of the excellent atmosphere and general visuals the first two were pretty lacking. Even the core shooting felt kinda weak, but maybe it was the encounters more than the actual weapons. They need to work on weapon sounds, rag doll physics and animations in general. The scavenging for ammo and gear was fun though.

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
There have been too many better ones mate. Warcraft, Classic Super Mario, Classic Sonic, Classic Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Fable, Batman Arkham Series, Mass Effect. That's just off the top of my head.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I'm gonna say no.

Metro 2033 was great, and I personally wouldn't change much about it apart from some glaring bugs.
Last Light was good in its own right, but seeing 2033 remade with LL's mechanics... it stil does not sit well for me.
I honestly have little hopes for Exodus.

Instead I'm gonna say Machine Games' Wolfenstein, as they have yet to make a bad Wolf game imo.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
To you I must confess
Metro 1 game is the best
Metro 3 have yet to test
Metro 2 is a wobbled jest

So this trilogy you bless
Or unconditionally molest
With glee and childish zest
May be a tricky guest

Sincerely, a nested messed up fluff from west pressed for avoiding rest lest be hunted to be vest for human chest

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Despite the OP, it?s actually not a bad discussion.

How many trilogies have been consistently great across all three entries? Especially recently?

I?m a huge fan of the Witcher and Mass Effect trilogies, but each definitely have their weaker points (to say the least).

I?m finding it hard to really lock onto a trilogy that had at least one instalment released sometime in the past decade that managed to hold a consistent high quality across all three instalments....

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
2033 was great and, despite some problems, is one of my favourite games. And no, Redux did not fix all of the problems, if fact, I think it broke more than it fixed (I will never forgive them for fucking up automatic shotgun's reload animation).

LL was not based on a book and it shows. While the gameplay was still solid, the story was utter crap.

Exodus is not out yet, so...

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
*Clicks expecting a B Cell thread, is not disappointed*

New rule: If your thread can be summarized with "No", don't make the thread.

It would have to Surpass Dark Souls and Metroid Prime, even with their weaker 2nd installments.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Hell even with Dawn of War 3 its a better trilogy than Metro.
Metro has always been 3rd or 4th tier gameplay and story wise.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
distortedreality said:
I'm finding it hard to really lock onto a trilogy that had at least one instalment released sometime in the past decade that managed to hold a consistent high quality across all three instalments....
It is tough. I wanted to say God of War and Bioshock, but both started more than a decade ago.

And yeah, I know that Bioshock 2 wasn't as good as the first one, but that's only because it wasn't original anymore. As far as gameplay goes it was definitely more refined and it's not a bad game by any stretch. In fact it's very, very good.

I'm gonna put Ezio Trilogy into the mix as well. It's entirely subjective, of course. I know a lot of people don't think very highly of Assassin's Creed series because of its simplistic gameplay. But damn it, those games are a lot of fun, they're set in an interesting setting and the story keeps you engaged. And the Ezio trilogy is pretty consistent in quality. People forget how awesome AC2 was back when it was first released. And each installment added a little something new without fundamentally changing the overall formula. A lot of people had negative thoughts about that but I really enjoy replaying those games.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Baffle2 said:
No, it's behind Max Payne. A long way behind, mind you.
Max Payne is a great trilogy

Max payne 1 is a masterpiece, 2 was disappointing thought and 3 while great not as good as 1.