Will Metro going to be Greatest Trilogy in the history of Gaming?

ZeD [taken 0]

Apr 21, 2012
As someone who absolutely LOVES the games and have played through them several times, no.

Metro 2033 is a stiff mess with weak shooting mechanics, and devs had watched too many Hollywood movies for LL which made the story suffer a LOT.

If they make a third Wolfenstein game I'd give them that nomination. They really nailed those games.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Poetic Nova said:
Hawki said:
Poetic Nova said:
I'm gonna say no.

Instead I'm gonna say Machine Games' Wolfenstein, as they have yet to make a bad Wolf game imo.
Isn't that a duology? (unless you include New Blood)
I included The Old Blood, even if it may be cheating a little as it is a stand alone expansion to The New Order.
I'd put it as more dubious due to questionable canonity. Sure it ends with BJ going on the mission that starts New Order, but its not ever referenced in either of the main games and it seems like at some point the knowledge that eldritch horrors do factually exist should pop up. Its a bit like the Far Cry 4 expansion where Ajay gets turned into a Yeti at the end, alternate what if scenario.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Silentpony said:
I did. I absolutely despised Dawn of War 3. Its everything I hate about gaming right now - trend following.
What trend did it follow though? MOBAs? They haven't been a "trend" per se for awhile now.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Hawki said:
Granted they aren't now, but Dw3 wasn't released now. It was in development during 2014 and 2015, right smack in the middle of the Moba plague.
And it's just poor timing it's the battle royale plagues turn. But I fully expect The next eternal crusade update to have a battle royale mode

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Seth Carter said:
GTA is a series, but not a trilogy, notably. There's no through connection (similar to Final Fantasy). Which might also apply to Mario (though that at least keeps the same characters and such).
It's a series with clear generational milestones. GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are frequently labelled a trilogy. The fact they don't share protagonists makes no difference, just like it doesn't matter in the Cornetto trilogy.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Squilookle said:
Seth Carter said:
GTA is a series, but not a trilogy, notably. There's no through connection (similar to Final Fantasy). Which might also apply to Mario (though that at least keeps the same characters and such).
It's a series with clear generational milestones. GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are frequently labelled a trilogy. The fact they don't share protagonists makes no difference, just like it doesn't matter in the Cornetto trilogy.
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost is the protagonist in that trilogy, they just wear different hats to trick us

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Xsjadoblayde said:
Squilookle said:
Seth Carter said:
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost is the protagonist in that trilogy, they just wear different hats to trick us
I just KNEW there was something fishy going on there!

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
I have frequently argued that Metro 2033 is the best game of the 7th console generation, even I say no to it (partly because Exodus isn't even out yet).

If Exodus nails it, and is the best game ever, there's still the problem that Last Light is just CoD done right.