Will Shadow warrior 2 be best Pure SP FPS since Half life 2?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
B-Cell said:
the game that is more popular. recieve more awards, more HIGH rated. by this logic COD is one of the best FPS ever because they recieve very high reviews. so big companies pay for high reviews and multiple GOTY awards.
While possibly true, what about companies paying obscene amounts for marketing? Surely you saw how the Aliens: Colonial Marines thing went down? What about Watch Dogs and its huge downgrades, with Ubisoft saying it's gonna be the next huge thing regardless? With the way companies use their advertising, every game could be the "next best thing ever," when tricks and smoke and mirrors are used the way they are. It's called the Hype Train. What about companies that use this to their advantage to make their series even more popular?

What I mean is, companies build up huge amounts of hype, to the point reviewers give really high scores due to them forwarding all of their hype into the first few hours. But once that falls apart, the review is already up. This probably has an effect on reviews and popularity, no?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Elvis Starburst said:
B-Cell said:
the game that is more popular. recieve more awards, more HIGH rated. by this logic COD is one of the best FPS ever because they recieve very high reviews. so big companies pay for high reviews and multiple GOTY awards.
While possibly true, what about companies paying obscene amounts for marketing? Surely you saw how the Aliens: Colonial Marines thing went down? What about Watch Dogs and its huge downgrades, with Ubisoft saying it's gonna be the next huge thing regardless? With the way companies use their advertising, every game could be the "next best thing ever," when tricks and smoke and mirrors are used the way they are. It's called the Hype Train. What about companies that use this to their advantage to make their series even more popular?

What I mean is, companies build up huge amounts of hype, to the point reviewers give really high scores due to them forwarding all of their hype into the first few hours. But once that falls apart, the review is already up. This probably has an effect on reviews and popularity, no?
Aliens colonaol marines always looks bad. watch dogs only looks good when they show tech demo then after that it looks like modern day assassins creed which is very boring franchise.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
B-Cell said:
Aliens colonaol marines always looks bad. watch dogs only looks good when they show tech demo then after that it looks like modern day assassins creed which is very boring franchise.
Oh, so you would respond to me. This is a nice treat. The first tech demo certainly was a bit more exceptional, which is exactly why it was unreasonable to expect a PS4 of all things to actually handle it. Assassins Creed 4 was pretty cool, but mostly cause it wasn't much of an Assassins Creed game in comparison to the others (Or it was, and people just shrugged it off). Aliens... Well, it looked ok at first, but it was all lies, as we soon found out. (Also, since you're so kind as to reply to me, care to give the post I sent to you on page 1 a little shot? I'd be happy to hear your thoughts in deconstructing the game I mentioned in an actually thought out discussion. PM or here is fine. Indulge me...)

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
B-Cell said:
IceForce said:
Sorry OP, but Doom and SW simply cannot compare to the unfettered videogame purity that is Candice DeBebe's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle.

B-Cell said:
metacritic dont mean anything. most of reviews are just paid.
Also, citation needed for this.
Games, movies and books can all be considered good and be for a different demographic/genre/sub-genre etc you know. Look at the reasons why games are rated, not just the score. That's why a review has an explanation for the score. A review is not just the number at the end like some people seem to think they are. Bioshock was praised for different reasons to the Call of Duty games.

Also, where's your proof for the reviews being paid for?

And you have yet to address why it's trash, what the game play did that made it garbage, I've explained my reasons for why I think things. But you have yet to explain your "so called" facts about anything.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
B-Cell said:
IceForce said:
Sorry OP, but Doom and SW simply cannot compare to the unfettered videogame purity that is Candice DeBebe's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle.

B-Cell said:
metacritic dont mean anything. most of reviews are just paid.
Also, citation needed for this.
There's a few problems with that statement:

-You haven't specified which CoD. I'm going to assume you're referring to Modern Warfare, as it is above BioShock in its rating, while most CoDs range from the 80s to 70s and are below BioShock. If your conspiracy theory was true, then every CoD game should be in the same margin. In fact, CoD 4 is among the least likely CoD games to receive any tampering as it was the one that gave it the popularity it currently enjoys.

-And CoD 4 isn't the best FPS ever? I don't know. I don't find its rating surprising considering what I've heard about CoD 4, in regards to both its story and multiplayer. But either Metacritic is accurate or it isn't. For instance, Doom II has a rating of 83, a game I personally found lacklustre. I can just as easily claim that "oh, it's only rated high because of nostalgia." I won't do that though. I can (and have) given reasons why I don't have a high opinion of Doom II, but I wouldn't outright state it to be bad without giving some reasons.

-And, on another subject, I can give you multiple reasons why I like Aliens: Colonial Marines. That doesn't mean I'm going to start spouting that "oh, it's only got a bad rating because it wasn't as good as was promised."

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hawki said:
-And CoD 4 isn't the best FPS ever? I don't know.
It ruined FPS genre as a result more and more developer copy it. COD4 include utterly scripted 5 hour walking in straight line campaign akin to rail shooter and very noobish MP make it Terrible game even at the time it released. Crysis 1 and Stalker were best FPS at that time.

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
B-Cell said:
Hawki said:
It ruined FPS genre as a result more and more developer copy it. COD4 include utterly scripted 5 hour walking in straight line campaign akin to rail shooter and very noobish MP make it Terrible game even at the time it released. Crysis 1 and Stalker were best FPS at that time.
How did it ruin the genre? I think Crysis 1 was crap, but I don't go around acting like it's fact. I found the game play stiff compared to the stuff I like and it only seems to be remembered for its visuals. I can't speak for CoD4, never played it. How about you actually answer peoples questions to you instead of regurgitating the same kind of responses over and over without any explanation or citation.

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
B-Cell said:
chozo_hybrid said:
B-Cell said:
Hawki said:
How did it ruin the genre? I think Crysis 1 was crap, but I don't go around acting like it's fact. I found the game play stiff compared to the stuff I like and it only seems to be remembered for its visuals. I can't speak for CoD4, never played it. How about you actually answer peoples questions to you instead of regurgitating the same kind of responses over and over without any explanation or citation.
watch this my friend
No. Answer my questions! I'm not watching a ten minute video because you have no real thought on the matter. My original questions were regarding Bioshock, answer them, and give some actual reasons or stop making statements about stuff when you can't even back any of it up with an actual discussion.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
IceForce said:

Part of my soul is gone forever. Thanks, IceForce.

B-Cell said:
chozo_hybrid said:
B-Cell said:
Hawki said:

watch this my friend

I tell you what, B-Cell. If you can successfully explain why one community and world wide cherished game is bad, or even give a decent explanation for why you disliked one, without resorting to conspiracy theories or hyperbole, I'll do the rest of the work and criticize every game you hate in this thread, even the ones I like.

Just one solid, honest review of a game. You can do it, buddy.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
B-Cell said:
Hawki said:
No. Call of Duty 4 is, in and of itself, a really fantastic FPS. It remains a high bar in the subgenre of highly linear FPS's. The atmosphere, visual design, and seamless stringing together of set pieces are a lasting monument saying "This is how it's done". If you don't like highly linear shooters, fine, but Call of Duty 4 is not a bad game because of your different taste.

Also the game you think Shadow Warrior 2 will be already exists. It's called Ziggurat.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Will Shadow warrior 2 be best Pure SP FPS since Half life 2?

From Wikipedia:
Shadow Warrior 2 can be played in single-player mode or in a new 4-player co-op mode
So that's a no then

God I love B-Cells posts.It's like having Karutomaru back again

B-Cell said:
Ah come on mate.I understand English may not be your native language but the guy you quoted literally had the correct spelling of Colonial in the 2nd line of his post.I'm starting to think this poor grammar thing is just put on at this stage

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Don't make threads asking for other people's opinions if you've no interest in doing anything other than dismissing them.