Will The Rock Play Shazam?

Vicount Tinselby

Sep 27, 2009
Am i the only one that thinks hed make the most entertaining Namor the Submariner ever?

Namor is exactly the Arrogant Dick that everyone loves becuase hes so charismatic that Dwayne Johnson was born to play. Shazam needs to be played as a shy boyscoutish child in a mans body who is uncertain about giving people orders, at least to distinguish himself from Superman.

I just dont see The Rock in that role, but yeah go on if he's Black Adam, i dont know much about the character but from what ive gathered he used to be a one note evil twin, but now hes actually pretty similar to Namor so thats cool with me.

Bruce

Jun 15, 2013
The Rock - I could actually see as Shazam, he has that sort of child-like quality about him that is needed for the role.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
ccggenius12 said:
FogHornG36 said:
You make him John Stewart and i will go see that movie...

In marvel world, i would love to see him play as luke cage
Suggesting someone other than Terry Crews for Luke Cage just seems... wrong.

OT: Clearly he will be playing Martian Manhunter, and the magic word is Oreo. Dude can't get enough of 'em.
I thought about that, but i think the rock would be able to carry the movie even during the slow parts, Terry Crews does have the look, but i think this might be a bit much for his acting ability.

Riot3000

Oct 7, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
I think Johnson has teased every member of the Justice League, including Wonder Woman, at this point.

Not that I'd complain if he played "Shazam." He's so cartoony he's a perfect fit for a comic book character.

But a black (Well, half-black, half Samoan) Captain Marvel? Is the internet ready for that kind of explosion?
Well the Rock is already playing Hercules and pretty standard Greek hero from mythology and I have not heard a single peep out of the internet. And considering how the internet usually reacts to these things it must be in a small corner which is shocking to me.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Riot3000 said:
Well the Rock is already playing Hercules and pretty standard Greek hero from mythology and I have not heard a single peep out of the internet. And considering how the internet usually reacts to these things it must be in a small corner which is shocking to me.
While I'm surprised there hasn't been a Hercules backlash, there already are people bitching about him as SHAZAM!/Captain Marvel.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Riot3000 said:
I thought no one was complaining about Dwayne Johnson playing Hercules because he might have passed to them as a white guy with really good tan.

Or from that its probably easier for the internet to like Dwayne Johnson as Hercules than it is for the internet to like the Clash Of The Titans reboot.

Or because Kratos is voiced by a black man despite the character being white that somehow they don't see a big deal.

Or maybe its because Dwayne Johnson was The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment & therefore gets to defy logic. To the point where he can lose a rematch to John Cena & still be likable despite now killing 30 year old fans childhoods by doing so.

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
I'll only consent to The Rock playing Shazam if he agrees to also star in a remake of the best movie ever made, Kazaam.

You know you want it as bad as I do.

Riot3000

Oct 7, 2013
RatGouf said:
Riot3000 said:
I thought no one was complaining about Dwayne Johnson playing Hercules because he might have passed to them as a white guy with really good tan.

Or from that its probably easier for the internet to like Dwayne Johnson as Hercules than it is for the internet to like the Clash Of The Titans reboot.

Or because Kratos is voiced by a black man despite the character being white that somehow they don't see a big deal.

Or maybe its because Dwayne Johnson was The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment & therefore gets to defy logic. To the point where he can lose a rematch to John Cena & still be likable despite now killing 30 year old fans childhoods by doing so.
I think it is the 3rd one sums up everything and it is the only logical answer by way of perfectly good science.
The Rock could be in a historical Drama where he plays Teddy Roosevelt and everyone would be on board.