Will you buy a ps3?

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
I already have one, won't "upgrade", and might get rid of it. It's nothing but a glorified DVD player to me.

Plus, no games bar White Knight look even remotely interesting to me.

danielje

Aug 30, 2009
Gran Turismo 5 is all the reason I need to currently own a PS3.

Also, I effortlessly am able to stream ALL MEDIA TYPES from my computer to my PS3 onto my HDTV.

And, I probably can be considered a SONY FANBOY, but thats alright.

I own an Xbox360 and Dead Rising. Thats WHY I own the 360 for one Xbox360 exclusive. Thats WHY they make exclusives because it broadens their market to gamers like myself who are willing to spend money on things. Even though, I hate Dead Rising and think it sucks and never play my 360.

All that being said, My bro loves his 360 and is going to lend me some games for it, so thats great, I cant argue that. Also, games originally made for the 360 that are ported to the PS3 have SERIOUS performance issues. To name one, Eternal Sonata. This game clearly starts lagging when you are hitting for a maximum effect combo special.

Thats my biggest beef, the PS3 is notoriously difficult to program for, but when you take the time to learn it, games like Gran Turismo look and feel beautiful. Everything is fluid and sharp, nothing is left to be desired except a full motion simulator.

Oh yeah, PS3 has yet to be cracked, so no piracy on it. Sony is doing real well for themselves. They are offering a quality system and maintaining a legitimate playing arena for everyone. No mod chips, no cheat devices, no piracy, nothing but good quality fun.

also, the controller. Microsoft supposedly spent millions on designing the xbox controller? LOL. That money was totally wasted on people like me. The largest majority of the world considers SYMMETRY to be beauty. The xbox controller is sloppy and ill-configured to be used well in tight situations and on the go. Its not symmetrical nor is it even logical. Buttons and triggers are set up in ways that dont make sense.

Must be the culture differences. That being said, The PS3 lacks something the Xbox doesnt, quality, hyped and affordable titles.

Oh yeah, but I have a Blu-ray on my PS3, another plus.

So basically, I'm saying in no uncertain terms, the PS3 is a nice piece of hardware that is worth owning if you:

1.) Like to stream media from your computer to your PS3-HDTV combo.

2.) Like the fact that no one is playing with illegitimate copies of games.

3.) Like to play Blu-Ray movies.

4.) Have a general dislike for Microsoft because they are charging you 320 dollars for a copy of Windows 7, even though they own 70% of the market share, and will never be second best, to any company, ever.(Idiot proof software will always have a place in this world.)

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
wrecker77 said:
Uncompetative said:
Top Ten Reasons to not buy a PS3

1. Poor Gamepad They are equal except for fighting games which ps3 wins in unanomously
3. Collecting Blu-Ray discs is stupidly expensive and I'm unlikely to watch them enough times to justify the inflated cost of purchasing them To my knoladge, they are the same price
6. WiFi is a total waste of time as you get a better connection with wires I cant really say anything because I am not that tech savy. I can say its not a waste, we have evolved past the need for a wifi adapter. Just saying
7. You have to wait your turn to play arcade games in Home and then you wish you hadn't bothered (why play retro arcade in a VR arcade?) Waiting in lines is part of life. We all hate them but we need them. The arcade games are prettey fun.
8. They make you pay for demos - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue should have been free or not released at all until it was finished Ok yeah its like a demo but its not a demo. Thats just a game. You dont need to pay for demo's
9. Having to install games to the Hard Drive before you can play them is a monumental pain If you dont have one, how would you know? 4 minuets is the longest its taken for me (except mgs4)
10. No Halo 3 Multiplayer No kiillzone 2/ resistance 2 Multiplayer =)
Just saying.

The PS3's controller is better than the 360's for fighting games ONLY. The 360's pad is more ergonomic.

You think Blu-Ray isn't more expensive than DVD...?

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/3476400/Transformers/Product.html
Transformers on Blu-Ray, £14.99

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1117658/Transformers/Product.html
Transformers on DVD, £3.99

For example.

Wi-Fi isn't as good as a wired connection, but in most home-based setups, it doesn't matter too much.

Waiting in a virtual line to play a game...? Seriously? Not a good "feature".

GT5: Prologue isn't a demo? So they're just selling unfinished games now. Awesome.

I have a PS3, and the install times are a pain. What's the point of needlessly filling your HDD? If a friend comes over to play a game in co-op or whatever, I don't want to have to spend 5-10 minutes waiting for it to install, just to remove it again.

Not having Resistance 2's multiplayer is a blessing. Can't comment on Killzone 2's, however.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Joshimodo said:
wrecker77 said:
Uncompetative said:

1. Poor Gamepad They are equal except for fighting games which ps3 wins in unanomously
3. Collecting Blu-Ray discs is stupidly expensive and I'm unlikely to watch them enough times to justify the inflated cost of purchasing them To my knoladge, they are the same price
6. WiFi is a total waste of time as you get a better connection with wires I cant really say anything because I am not that tech savy. I can say its not a waste, we have evolved past the need for a wifi adapter. Just saying
7. You have to wait your turn to play arcade games in Home and then you wish you hadn't bothered (why play retro arcade in a VR arcade?) Waiting in lines is part of life. We all hate them but we need them. The arcade games are prettey fun.
8. They make you pay for demos - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue should have been free or not released at all until it was finished Ok yeah its like a demo but its not a demo. Thats just a game. You dont need to pay for demo's
9. Having to install games to the Hard Drive before you can play them is a monumental pain If you dont have one, how would you know? 4 minuets is the longest its taken for me (except mgs4)
10. No Halo 3 Multiplayer No kiillzone 2/ resistance 2 Multiplayer =)
Just saying.

The PS3's controller is better than the 360's for fighting games ONLY. The 360's pad is more ergonomic.

You think Blu-Ray isn't more expensive than DVD...?

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/3476400/Transformers/Product.html
Transformers on Blu-Ray, £14.99

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1117658/Transformers/Product.html
Transformers on DVD, £3.99

For example.

Wi-Fi isn't as good as a wired connection, but in most home-based setups, it doesn't matter too much.

Waiting in a virtual line to play a game...? Seriously? Not a good "feature".

GT5: Prologue isn't a demo? So they're just selling unfinished games now. Awesome.

I have a PS3, and the install times are a pain. What's the point of needlessly filling your HDD? If a friend comes over to play a game in co-op or whatever, I don't want to have to spend 5-10 minutes waiting for it to install, just to remove it again.

Not having Resistance 2's multiplayer is a blessing. Can't comment on Killzone 2's, however.
In relation to what you say.

1. No. ps3 is slightly better. Only because of fighting games. They are the same.

2. I never said I knew about the prices for the blue ray games. I said I didnt exactly know. Also, Blue ray has been proven to be better than hd. In a movie like transformers, Blue ray would be considerably better. You get what you pay for.

3. we are in agreement wifi and wired are orettey much the same.

4. 1 vs. 100 is just like lines. You have to wait. And where would we be without lines? you wait to get your turn and then some idiot runs in front of you and takes your turn. Lines make it simple.

5. Prologue. Its not unfinished, but its a taste of something that, once completed, will rock the gaming world. Its finished.

6. you can not be spurr of the moment and play it first to know when an install is needed. And "Oh god, We need to wait 4 minuets for an update, I might have to actually talk to my freind!".

7. R2 online is awesome. 8 player co-op, thats its own story? Awesome. 60 players online? Also awesome. Not having it is a curse. Killzone is also great. But I havent played it in a while do to some bad connecting issues. Perhapse a patch is in order.

Look, lets just drop it now. No flame wars.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I won't be buying a PS3 until next year bare minimum. My flatmate already owns a Wii (that no one ever plays) and I'd rather own a 360 personally.

Skyfall

Mar 15, 2009
I doubt it. The game library has to improve for me to make a switch to the PS3. PS3 games are a tad more expensive than it's 360 counterpart and also the PS3 exclusives are limited. Right now it's totally flying on sequels. LBP and MGS, though the last one is ended or is ending. God knows what's happening with snake these days.

I'll hold onto my PS2 thanks very much!

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
wrecker77 said:
Uncompetative said:
Just saying.
Sure, waiting in lines is part of reality, but it isn't something I want to have reproduced inside "virtual reality".

Also, the thumbsticks on the 360 are much more precise than their equivalents on the PS3. This really matters in shooters. Arguing that the PS3 has better face buttons for beat 'em ups is a bit of a flawed argument, because it has a stupid split D-pad. In fact, even the 360's D-pad is weak here, so anyone in the know will automatically buy an arcade stick:

I've no idea if this is the best one to buy, but I do know players of these games swear by them. There are tutorials on YouTube.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
LBP is coming out with all of the DLC? I am now officially interested.

But to answer the main question, no, I won't be getting a PS3, as I already own one.