Witch Hunt: The "Dramatic Conclusion" to Dragon Age: Origins

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
both on the same day? God dammit. Will probably play LotSB first, but I am very excited for this, too.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Sigh, I wanted a "full-game"-experience to delve into this storyline. Oh well, guess I will settle for a less-than-godly child, and his milf (again).

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
I'm finding it hard to be happy about this, considering it's only going to be a one hour at most DLC. There was so much potential for something so much greater...

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Interested to see how this is, but I really don't want to buy it because it feels like encouraging bad behavior in game story...
Was it really so bad to leave this part of the story untold? It adds mystery to the game ending, and we didn't really need to know the particulars of Morrigan's departure/fate. I thought DA:O ended very well with room for sequels but the main story was wrapped up nice and tight. Should we really be encouraging game developers to tack on "extra endings" and "real conclusions" to their games for extra $$$? Shouldn't that be the goal of the main game that we already shelled out money for, to have a complete game story experience told to us?

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Ok, so thats the exansion to Dragon age: origins and every dlc thats come out after and including return to ozzimar (i think thats the right place) and now this?! im glad payday is on friday and i can get them all.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Ah, so they're finally finishing the DA:O DLC? That means a GOTY edition might be coming soon, with all the DLC bundled in? Gonna have to keep my eyes open for that one...

As for the DLC itself, I am curious how it'll turn out. There were a number of ways the whole Morrigan thing could turn out in Origins, I wonder if they'll account for all of them or simply pick a "canon" ending and go from there? Also, as far as spoilers go, DA2 trailer pretty much confirms that Flemeth is alive so I can't help but wonder if that might factor in as well...

mgs16925

Mar 28, 2008
Anyone else think this DLC has something to do with why Flemeth is narrating the DA2 trailer?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
the_maestro_sartori said:
CloudKiller said:
Does anyone wanna have a bet with me that she'll call the baby Hawke?
I hadn't considered that. You may be onto something there, good sirrah ;) Would then mebbe give a little understanding to why Hawke seems able to use magic more powerful than anything yet seen
Maybe it the simple fact that Hawke sister is a mage, and Hawke is a grown man by this point in the game.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Sah-weet. Been hoping they wouldn't just let that plot thread dangle. I want to see how this all goes down in the end... glad I picked the options that would make this, ahem, a more interesting DLC adventure when my Warden and she meet up again.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
WanderFreak said:
CK76 said:
So, what happens if I kicked her out before mid point of my first play through? Is this DLC pointless for that characters story?
Then the game begins the "Booty Call" quest line, wherein your character discovers a lack of available women post-blight and sets out on a quest to track down and subsequently "tap dat" hot witch chick he knew for a while back in college.
Well, that makes more sense than how Awakening handled Leliana's "I'll be with you forever...bye" for my first character.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Druyn said:
This is the only piece of DLC I will be picking up... And Im really happy I get to finish DA:O this way.
Same. None of the of the other DLC's (Apart from Awakening if you count that) has really excited me but getting to see what has happened to Morrigan will definatly be entertaining.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Hmm, I wonder how "dramatic" they can make the ending if you load up a character that chose not go through with Morrigan's deal (so there's no kid). Just meeting up with her to talk or bicker seems very anti-climatic.

Wolveria

Jul 7, 2009
I hope you have the option to rearrange Morrigan's face with a spiked club. So "convenient" in how saving the world involves someone shoving their meat up her c*** and spilling their seed in her belly. And then she runs off with your child as if YOU were the one to rape HER.

Fucking *****.

I'm definitely skipping this and going with the much better game and its DLC: Mass Effect 2.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Sound interesting... and might put an end to thouse who say Hawke is Morrigan child, even Bioware said many time he is a survivor of the blight and of Lotherian

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
CosmicCommander said:
Great, now my Female elf can make sure that Alistair's survival didn't condemn the known world to death.

Am I the only one who's been overwhelmed by melancholy with this announcement? It'll be over... Our last adventure with the Warden... The finale of Dragon Age...

...God, it's... Sad.
Funny Stuff...

Yeah dont worry we can prolly have a DLC focused on...

Sten?

Dog?!?!

This game came out....late 2009? and it has spread to almost the same time as the release...

I assume once this is all said and done we will see the Super Game of the Year type (ie Elders Scrolls / Fallout)?

SpaceCop

Feb 14, 2010
Man. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Morrigan again. But I also thought that her departure was a powerful, hell, heartbreakin' moment. To have her show up in a tacked-on DLC... I dunno.

Sometimes it's best to not give the fans what they want. In this case I think the original narrative would be stronger without extra little fan-pleasing epilogues.

...Of course, despite that sentiment I'm still gonna buy the bugger. I've gotta see how this plays out. I get the feeling, regardless of her relationship with our respective Wardens, she won't be glad to see us.