Witcher 3 Dev Promises No Platform-Exclusive Content

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
CD Projekt Red ftw. I'd actually be comfortable with pre-ordering their games, as opposed to say, Watch Dogs, which I had so much excitement for, all of which has died down due to BS that Ubisoft keeps pulling.

saito82

Oct 5, 2010
Reaper195 said:
I really want to play The Witcher 3...but I got bored really early of 1, and I had a few issues with my copy of 2 which I never bothered to restart the game (Especially considering I was twenty or so hours into it). Is the series as continuous as Mass Effect, or are each of the games their own separate stories with some references to the previous ones (A la CoD Black Ops trilogy, or Indiana Jones movies).

Yeah the continuity of the games is pretty tight for every decision you make. I played each game differently multiple times and it seems that every decision I made in Witcher 1 had consequences in Witcher 2. And then with those decision and the decision made in Witcher 2 had consequences for Witcher 2's ending. I really believe in Witcher 3 you will see the culmination of those choices through out the game.

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
saito82 said:
Reaper195 said:
I really want to play The Witcher 3...but I got bored really early of 1, and I had a few issues with my copy of 2 which I never bothered to restart the game (Especially considering I was twenty or so hours into it). Is the series as continuous as Mass Effect, or are each of the games their own separate stories with some references to the previous ones (A la CoD Black Ops trilogy, or Indiana Jones movies).

Yeah the continuity of the games is pretty tight for every decision you make. I played each game differently multiple times and it seems that every decision I made in Witcher 1 had consequences in Witcher 2. And then with those decision and the decision made in Witcher 2 had consequences for Witcher 2's ending. I really believe in Witcher 3 you will see the culmination of those choices through out the game.
The Witcher2 2 doesn't actually change that much based on the choices you made in The Witcher 1. Some of your actions get mentioned sure, but nothing major. The consequences of your choices tend to play out within the game you made them. That is the great advantage The Witcher has over Mass Effect, wich is the only other franchise that comes to mind with heavy emphasis of player agency and choices and consequences etc. In ME you make a few big choices at the end of some quests or at the end of the game and then we were promised: "oh yeah all that will be sooooo important in the next installment" and in the end a few numbers changed on some boring screen in the third game. While in the Witcher you mace dozends of bigger and smaller choices and almost all of them play out within the game, show you what you have done, reward or punish you or sometimes both.

I mean, It makes sense its much easier from a devs point of view to let your actions play out in the same game then in the next.