Witnessing death.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
I was eating with my friends in a restaurant one winter. In the middle of conversation, we saw a man run past the windows and fall into a hole that opened into the river (the restaurant was in Milwakee, next to the river).

He had been persued by the police. Apperantly he had snatched a purse or something. Anyway, the police couldn't find him, but they were told that he fell into the river. The paramedics came and found his body, though he had died from the cold.

I was sad afterwards. But death, no matter how horrible or tragic, happens every day. So, I just shrugged it off.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Well, there was a big plane crash recently up in Resolute Bay, Nunavut, Canada. 12 deaths, and 3 survivors.

Just so happens I have two friends up there for the summer and they saw it happen. One of them had to put a 5 year old girl in a body bag, which according the the other friend, fucked him up badly.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I'm a vet tech student and I've also worked in clinics and research, so I've seen and held dying animals (including helping with euthanasia and packing away bodies). It's not pleasant. Never saw a human die or be killed, though I can't imagine it would be nice either. Also saw a relative shoot barn cats and kittens (both healthy and sick).

There was once an old dog coming in for a cough and white gums. All the signs pointed to heart failure, though the owners wanted some time to think over putting her down. They paid, left, and then returned 5 minutes later with the dog pretty much minutes from death. It was awful. Felt so bad for the dog and her owners.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
2 years ago I get home from work, say hello to my wife and my 6 week old daughter. 10 minutes later I was a widower and a lone father. I don't really want to recount exactly what happened but it was the result of her having a c-section and a genetic clotting disorder.

The medics arrived in under 5 minutes from when she started having trouble breathing but there was nothing they could do.