Wolfenstein: The New Order Rocks "House of the Rising Sun" Launch Trailer

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Res Plus said:
Surely with the internet it must be pretty much impossible to actually stop people buying any regional version of any game they like?
The normal course of action is to buy it boxed/ a code from another country like the UK and just activate it in Germany. This normally gets you the uncensored version. Or you get somebody from another country to gift it to you (I was in a long distance relationship with a girl from Ireland, she helped me out quite a few times with that)
I know that for Wolfenstein they blocked people with a German/Austrian IP to register a foreign code on Steam, maybe the gift thing would work, maybe not, I don't know and I don't spend 50 bucks on something that may or may not work.

The last thing one could do is use a VPN/Proxy to get Valve to think that you're actually from a not completely stupid country, but this is against the licence agreement of Steam and I don't feel like risking my 450 games for Wolfenstein.

The last method could be going on vacation and use the mobile app or a laptop to buy it, which is probably what I am going to do when my flatmate and me are going abroad this summer.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Nazi robo-dogs crushing French hippies? Ja bitte!

*Cannot* wait for this game!

Also: just thought of something - could that Slavic accented fellow narrating about Nazi technology be an implication about captured/modified Soviet super-science?

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Charcharo said:
Kathinka said:
Charcharo said:
N3squ1ck said:
What the heck, they even blocked the effing trailer in Germany.

And I was excited about this game until they said that they don't give a fuck about German players and region lock the game (which they actually don't have to afaik, they just can't sell it here)

And now the trailer too, ffs
They WANT to sell it in Germany.
After US, Germany is the biggest single market in the world.
Besides, Wolfenstein will be sold in Germany. But all nazi stuff will be changed/removed. You wont fight the 3rd Reich. Just the Wolves/some random empire stuff :p. Otherwise same game.
thing is that publishers are too chicken. strictly legally speaking publishing a game with swastikas and nazi theme would be no problem nowadays. but devs and publishers are terrified of the bad press and such.

pro tip for all people within germany who want to play the game the way it was intended: keystores. not only do they offer the game for cheaper, you'll also get the uncensored version.
You are actually VERY wrong here. It WILL be a problem. Not sure whether it will be a big problem and whether it will have a negative effect on the game, but I know for a fact that it is.
Just last year World of Tanks had to deny one of their awards- The Boelter (incredible tanker, Wehrmacht, no war crimes) medal. Reason is that the German goverment asked WarGaming to delete his name from the game... even though he was Wehrmacht.
One year before that, they wanted the ORIGINAL meda, which was a Wittman medal (SS officer, no war crimes, legendary tanker) to be changed.
Currently, the new game War Thunder has some problems with Germany because players can use some of the decals to recreate the SS logo...

So yeah.. it is a problem
So that's why all my German medals in World of Tanks disappeared....