Woman Goes Into Labor at QuakeCon, Chooses Skyrim Demo Over Hospital

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Could be worse, they could have named her Colico Vision o_o

Blind Sight said:
Venereus said:
Blind Sight said:
Wow, it's getting judgemental and douchey up in here. Come on guys, in 1997 my mom sat through a church mass while in labour (most awkward moment of my life) and gave birth to my brother a couple hours later. She's not a poor parent in any way. This DOES NOT mean that she will be a bad parent, and jumping to that conclusion just shows a certain degree of small-mindedness.
Tell me you didn't just compare holy video gaming with delusional religion, on The Escapist! What is wrong with you?
According to some of the people on this thread my mom was a shitty parent haha.
Don't worry about it so much. Everyone thinks everyone else is a shitty parent. A good portion of these people are probably too young to have kids themselves and sure as hell won't know what to do with one.

Post Tenebrae Morte

Jun 6, 2011
Gotta love how a good portion of the people on this thread are calling her a bad parent, when she hasn't even had the chance to really show how responsible she is. I mean really people, it even states in the article that they thought it was false-labor due to having attempted inducing labor before hand.

Seriously, your going to judge somebody when you have no right to do so? Get off your high-horses, I doubt you'll be or are a better parent than her. They love gaming, but I doubt they'd ignore there kid till it died. I love gaming but I know what is more important, and I bet they do too. So stop being pricks, use your brains.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Didn't she just start labor? You don't have to go to a hospital until contractions are 30 mins apart or less which could take hours to get to that point.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Priorities, she needs to sort them.

Having said that, this is both awesome and sad.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
We heard news regarding sad events due to obsession in gaming. Those news articles mentioned how idiotic those people are and mentioned the negative impact of those events on gaming. But here it is a way of showing how "hardcore" she is. It is just another situation with obsession without any negative (fortunately) outcome.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
surg3n said:
Strange names are a lot more acceptable these days, your more likely to get made fun of because of a boring name.
Like Bob? that's a pretty lulzy name.

If I ever have a son his name will be Vincent.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
So am I the only one that honestly thinks Atari sounds like a nice name? I mean, seriously, strip away its connection to a company and it sounds prefectly fine to me. Maybe a little unique but there's nothing wrong with that.

And people go into false labors ALL the time. If they'd experienced one before, it's not unreasonable to think this one might have been.

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
I can actually kinda see this.

Time from when my wife went into labor with our first child to when said child was born? 18 hours. The amount of that time that was actually painful for her? About an hour and a half.

Conversely, second child was about 90 minutes from labor beginning to birth, but if all we'd had was the first experience, I can easily see my wife going, "we're fine, we can wait 40 mins".

Additionally, with the second, she had periodic false labor for an hour or two every day for about 3 weeks before the actual birth date.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I like Atari as a name. Will future kids be named after proceeding generations of consoles? Or different developers? :p