Woman Sues Microsoft Over Downgrade Payment: Updated

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
countrysteaksauce said:
Deadman Walkin said:
Datalord said:
WOW, $60, lets go pay thousands to hire lawyers and pay for a lawsuit to get back $60.
Hurray! Those $60 will help me buy a new car! (Of course, if I didn't hire lawyers to win this case.)
This is why you need to crash the car to get the insurance to make the car payment.

Ahhh yes, more time in court! I couldn't believe I forgot about that! Why don't you just get someone to burn your house down and claim insurance on the whole lot!

countrysteaksauce

Jul 10, 2008
Deadman Walkin said:
countrysteaksauce said:
Deadman Walkin said:
Datalord said:
WOW, $60, lets go pay thousands to hire lawyers and pay for a lawsuit to get back $60.
Hurray! Those $60 will help me buy a new car! (Of course, if I didn't hire lawyers to win this case.)
This is why you need to crash the car to get the insurance to make the car payment.

Ahhh yes, more time in court! I couldn't believe I forgot about that! Why don't you just get someone to burn your house down and claim insurance on the whole lot!
God Bless America!

Mikaze

Mar 23, 2008
I have Vista and I hate it. My biggest problem with it is that it randomly decides that I don't need graphics anymore and so my entire screen turns into black and purple sqaures (think anything in HL2 without a texture). Also, it doesn't seem to understand the concept of clsoing games, everytime I do, I get an error saying that the game I just closed is no longer responding. Wonder why that could be?

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
countrysteaksauce said:
God Bless America!
Haha, well actually I live in Canada, but I find it funny when people sue companies/people for the most stupid things, that they could just ignore the fact and save a whole ton of $$$$$

iviv

Feb 20, 2008
Mikaze said:
I have Vista and I hate it. My biggest problem with it is that it randomly decides that I don't need graphics anymore and so my entire screen turns into black and purple sqaures (think anything in HL2 without a texture). Also, it doesn't seem to understand the concept of clsoing games, everytime I do, I get an error saying that the game I just closed is no longer responding. Wonder why that could be?
This sums up the problem. People have driver problems and blame vista for it.

Protip: Microsoft don't write drivers, its down to the hardware manufacturers to make them work. Always has been!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
When will people understand that XP is the perfect OS and we should never bother with anything else ever. I swear, everyone wants a piece of XP, Mac, Linux hell even Microsoft are trying to take it down, and all are failing.

PumpItUp

Sep 27, 2008
Amazing how everyone seems to blame Microsoft for things that are the hardware manufacturer's fault. If Dell or Toshiba or Sony messed up don't blame it on Microsoft, but it seems "Blame Microsoft" has become a popular mantra or something.

Like this should be: "PEOPLE ARE RETARDED!"

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
This is what I wrote in the "What do you think of Windows 7?" topic: (I thought I would save time and re-post it)
"I don't care if I end up two generations behind, I'm still sticking with XP. If they release a game that isn't compatible with XP, well then they are idiots and I'll just have less decisions to make. In my mind XP is still the mainstay operating system because it's PLAYS GAMES. That's what I want it to do, and that's what it does. I don't want an operating system that uses twice the RAM requirements and two-thirds more processing requirements just to look nicer and piss me off with paranoid security and not being able to switch from having a headphone in the jack to a speaker without restarting the friggin application. And if Windows 7 doesn't piss me off, it will still require more of the system resouces which in an ideal world would only go to my game. I just spent nine hundred and ninety nine dollars (smack) A THOUSAND DOLLARS on a desktop, and it came with Vista Premium 64 bit. It pissed me off, I took it back and they gave me $56 dollars to make up the difference. And I went into the store with the understanding that I would have to pay an extra amount of money to downgrade to XP because Microsoft wants everyone to buy Vista. Vista has nothing more to say for it other then that it looks nicer, which I don't even look at because I play games, and I want them to look good, not the crash screen when my computer melts because it's jacking off to transparent application bars, or whatever else takes twice the RAM. So after I was GIVEN money to get a better operating system, I wondered why anyone would buy Vista at all except that they enjoy the thrill of spending money. Can someone help me out here?"
I would like to add that the Lord of the computer lab at my school told me that the reason my old computer was running slowly was because I had XP on it. He offered to install Windows 2000 on my Compaq Presario R4000 to make it run faster. I refused, because deep down I had the small minded desire to have the latest and greatest thing, and considered previous operating systems to be below me. I think I've realised something though, now that I've discovered that I would not be able to play Crysis on my computer (http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX22849(ME).aspx) if it had Vista still. I think it ties in with the current economic crisis the world is in now. My money is more important then the money of people who want my money. And the more they force me to give it to them, the more important my money becomes. Don't get something just because it's shiny and new. Even if don't borrow money to pay for something, think long and hard about whether or not you really need it. If you have something that works, don't throw it away. I think people feel some kind of obligation to buy the next Microsoft product, it's almost like they have brainwashed us, like with Halo 3. Think of Vista as Halo 3, and watch Yahtzee talk about it to know what I think of it (I love that man in a very heterosexual way, he was bang on my thoughts about Halo 3, so was Pure Pwnage). So the next time you think about buying the latest and greatest operating system from Microsoft, print off a picture of Halo 3 and put it in front of the operating system that isn't XP. Do you really want Halo 3? Or is that what Microsoft wants you to think? Take a stand against Microsoft. Tell them that YOUR money is more important than theirs. Or maybe just take a stand against yourself. You are the one who wants to buy something you don't need. If we all fall in line and buy Vista because it is in some ways better then XP, then it's people like this woman who suffers when she has to pay more to buy a smaller operating system.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Darkness62 said:
Lunar Shadow said:
Darkness62 said:
Abedeus said:
fullmetalangel said:
Abedeus said:
-I hate Vista-
Would you care to back up your statements? I can't get much from, "It sucks".

It's slow, it's faulty, it requires a lot more power than XP.

And it costs a lot, compared to XP + good programs to make up for Vista's features.

Which are not enough to justify why Microsoft is forcing Vista down our throats.

Vista is just the new Millenium - morons bought it and tried to defend, then came out a superior version without the errors and mistakes.
Chronically mis-informed, and terminally stupid... The case is hopeless, pull the plug on this dumbass his stupidity is untreatable... I love it when fools that have never used it comment, their lack of any real knowledge just shines through every time.
Oh yes, insult him instead of actually refuting his points, great strategy.

I haven't used Vista personally so I have no opinion for or against it. I am just going to stick with XP, as there is no sense in upgrading right now and spending all the money to "fix" what isn't broken.
His points have already been refuted long ago, he has no clue what he is talking about, and anyone that has done any research already knows this.

I could throw data and facts at him like this:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2302500,00.asp

but the odds are pretty good he won't understand it.

Unlike you, who just makes a personal choice, and feels no need to justify it with ridiculous made up claims like chuckles up there.
I almost thought you were arguing against Vista with that graph. Vista is slightly slower overall. Even if it were the same, why would I want Vista when I am familiar with XP and would have to take the time to get familiar with Vista? I see no reason for Microsoft releasing another operating system except that they would have a lot less income if they couldn't rely on people to buy the latest and greatest operating system when they already have an operating system that works.

Faeanor

Dec 15, 2007
ToonLink said:
i just wanted to pop in here really quick and add my 2 more cents.

i spent $200 dollars on a copy of Vista for my laptop, another $30 for some idiot at Best Buy to install it, and untold hours lost trying to find drivers for my devices.

i had vista on my laptop for about 3 hours and promptly took it back to best buy to have them uninstall it. when the technician asked me why i wanted a downgrade, i had only to say 2 words to him, "Vista Sucks". i dont see why people are stroking Vista's ego so much. it blows compared to XP. XPs a lot more stable, more actual tech support for major problems.
And what kind of craptop were you trying to put vista on?

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Faeanor said:
ToonLink said:
i just wanted to pop in here really quick and add my 2 more cents.

i spent $200 dollars on a copy of Vista for my laptop, another $30 for some idiot at Best Buy to install it, and untold hours lost trying to find drivers for my devices.

i had vista on my laptop for about 3 hours and promptly took it back to best buy to have them uninstall it. when the technician asked me why i wanted a downgrade, i had only to say 2 words to him, "Vista Sucks". i dont see why people are stroking Vista's ego so much. it blows compared to XP. XPs a lot more stable, more actual tech support for major problems.
And what kind of craptop were you trying to put vista on?
One that XP must have worked perfectly well on.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Faeanor said:
Lonan said:
So why not have Windows 2000 installed still? It has a smaller footprint after all, right?
There was one thing I can't remember that XP could do that 2000 couldn't. It probably involved the mechanics and ease of transfering data, and I really liked that single feature, so I kept XP. Though I was still uneasy about what the Lord of the computer lab (I call him that because he had to deal with all the little pieces of fecal matter that were my fellow students) said about XP. I can only imagine his face if he knew I bought Vista, after his loud rant about how XP is pointless and excessive. I still look back and think that I should have gone with 2000, but to be honest, there is definitely a part of me that likes shiny things, and that probably was a good part of my decision back then. But XP is the line.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Darkness62 said:
Lunar Shadow said:
Darkness62 said:
Abedeus said:
fullmetalangel said:
Abedeus said:
-I hate Vista-
Would you care to back up your statements? I can't get much from, "It sucks".

It's slow, it's faulty, it requires a lot more power than XP.

And it costs a lot, compared to XP + good programs to make up for Vista's features.

Which are not enough to justify why Microsoft is forcing Vista down our throats.

Vista is just the new Millenium - morons bought it and tried to defend, then came out a superior version without the errors and mistakes.
Chronically mis-informed, and terminally stupid... The case is hopeless, pull the plug on this dumbass his stupidity is untreatable... I love it when fools that have never used it comment, their lack of any real knowledge just shines through every time.
Oh yes, insult him instead of actually refuting his points, great strategy.

I haven't used Vista personally so I have no opinion for or against it. I am just going to stick with XP, as there is no sense in upgrading right now and spending all the money to "fix" what isn't broken.
His points have already been refuted long ago, he has no clue what he is talking about, and anyone that has done any research already knows this.

I could throw data and facts at him like this:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2302500,00.asp

but the odds are pretty good he won't understand it.

Unlike you, who just makes a personal choice, and feels no need to justify it with ridiculous made up claims like chuckles up there.
Eh. Okay, there have been 6 years between XP and Vista.

There are only 3 years, 3,5 years between Vista and Windows 7.

If it doesn't tell you that Vista is just a Open Beta you paid for, then there is no point in trying to explain that.

People tried to defend ME, but it was just a Open Beta for Windows XP. Microsoft just uses people as guinea pigs instead of working on software AND makes cash at the same time.

Windows 7's beta is already much better than Vista after those 3 years.

Dakaan

Sep 13, 2008
Deadman Walkin said:
Datalord said:
Guess its the principal in it...

Not said i would do the same, but i understand why shes doing it.

Faeanor

Dec 15, 2007
Lonan said:
Faeanor said:
Lonan said:
So why not have Windows 2000 installed still? It has a smaller footprint after all, right?
There was one thing I can't remember that XP could do that 2000 couldn't. It probably involved the mechanics and ease of transfering data, and I really liked that single feature, so I kept XP. Though I was still uneasy about what the Lord of the computer lab (I call him that because he had to deal with all the little pieces of fecal matter that were my fellow students) said about XP. I can only imagine his face if he knew I bought Vista, after his loud rant about how XP is pointless and excessive. I still look back and think that I should have gone with 2000, but to be honest, there is definitely a part of me that likes shiny things, and that probably was a good part of my decision back then. But XP is the line.
Is that because your current computer wouldn't handle Vista well or because you just don't like it? So far Vista has yet to rub me the wrong way or not do anything I've tried to do with it. There was a slight learning curve (like trying to find Add/Remove program, it's now called Programs and Features) but after you're done with that everything is basically the same. It's still Windows with a shinier coat of transparency.

If I tried to put Vista on my old laptop it would have been an epic fail. It's a Compaq Presario R3000. I got a shiny new Asus N50v because that old piece of crap could barely handle anything not to mention that hardware problems with it. But I don't think I'd be getting any sort of performance boost out of XP that I could see. Maybe if I ran 17 programs at a time. But I'm very frugal when it comes to that due to a long time of being with crappy computers (my computer before the Presario being a Power Pc Mac Mini).

If you have a modern machine (and you aren't running tons of useless crap in the background like the Sidebar) are you really going to see a performance boost in XP as opposed to Vista? Or in the upcoming Windows 7?

EDIT:
Abedeus said:
Eh. Okay, there have been 6 years between XP and Vista.

There are only 3 years, 3,5 years between Vista and Windows 7.

If it doesn't tell you that Vista is just a Open Beta you paid for, then there is no point in trying to explain that.

People tried to defend ME, but it was just a Open Beta for Windows XP. Microsoft just uses people as guinea pigs instead of working on software AND makes cash at the same time.

Windows 7's beta is already much better than Vista after those 3 years.
Only using it as a school computer is vastly different than running it on your own machine. For all we know your school is running it on computer that are below Vista specs (and not the bogus ones Microsoft made up, but what is on games, the "recommended" specs) and with outdated drivers and who knows what other problems.

Like I said in higher up, Vista has yet to rub me the wrong way. In face the only time I've had to force restart it was when I yanked out the HDMI cable while stuff was still happening on the screen it was attached to. I'd say that's my fault rather than Vista's.

Amund

Oct 24, 2008
you know I have a crappy computer, and I have yet to encounter one problem that I didn't have with XP... huh... am I just lucky and got the bug free version by accident?

countrysteaksauce

Jul 10, 2008
Deadman Walkin said:
countrysteaksauce said:
God Bless America!
Haha, well actually I live in Canada, but I find it funny when people sue companies/people for the most stupid things, that they could just ignore the fact and save a whole ton of $$$$$
True, unless they manage to become millionaires for spilling coffee on themselves.