Women Troubles

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Realitycrash said:
I don't mean to sound crass, but I don't have time for a full answer, so I'll just say this: You're 22. The odds of you being a virgin by 40 are laughably small.

EDIT: And if it is true that 40% of all gamers are girls, why don't we ever see one of those threads when a girl goes "I'll be alone for the rest of my life"?

If you're answer is "girls can always get laid" then my answer is "so can guys, it just depends on your standards, and same for women."
This one I can answer:

because they don't have that issue.

Just being a "gamer girl" usually qualifies them for a practical line of guys trying to be nice/date them.

If they're an exceptionally attractive "gamer girl", then the question isn't "Will anyone go out with me?" but rather "Will there be anyone left standing after they finish fighting each to the death for a chance to talk to me?"

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
Realitycrash said:
I don't mean to sound crass, but I don't have time for a full answer, so I'll just say this: You're 22. The odds of you being a virgin by 40 are laughably small.

EDIT: And if it is true that 40% of all gamers are girls, why don't we ever see one of those threads when a girl goes "I'll be alone for the rest of my life"?

If you're answer is "girls can always get laid" then my answer is "so can guys, it just depends on your standards, and same for women."
This one I can answer:

Just being a "gamer girl" usually qualifies them for a practical line of guys trying to be nice/date them.

If they're an exceptionally attractive "gamer girl", then the question isn't "Will anyone go out with me?" but rather "Will there be anyone left standing after they finish fighting each to the death for a chance to talk to me?"

No. Unattractive girls have about the same (higher than guys, but not much) odds than guys when it comes to getting laid. I'm gonna look around for the research. I'm fairly sure I've seen it.

targren

May 13, 2009
Phasmal said:
Women are just people. (1)
People, in general, suck. (2).

You do need the second bit of knowledge, too, in my experience.

Accept these two premises, do what you like, don't worry about women, and enjoy your damn life. It's more important to make yourself happy than to be unhappy to please some other person who will most likely be out of the picture before long[footnote]Most people don't marry their first boyfriend/girlfriend, and over 50% of marriages fail. Therefore, it's easy to see that more relationships end than go 'til death do us part'[/footnote].

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Realitycrash said:
Paragon Fury said:
Realitycrash said:

This one I can answer:

No. Unattractive girls have about the same (higher than guys, but not much) odds than guys when it comes to getting laid. I'm gonna look around for the research. I'm fairly sure I've seen it.
Yes and what you said supports that - even unattractive women have better odds.

Its simply much easier for women than it is for men.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
Realitycrash said:
Paragon Fury said:
Realitycrash said:

This one I can answer:

Yes and what you said supports that - even unattractive women have better odds.

Its simply much easier for women than it is for men.
I said "better odds". Not "much better odds".
And honestly, if an average-looking guy (and I'm sure you are at least average-looking, since probability dictates such) wants a "girl-gamer", and that is the ONLY thing he cares about in said woman, then he won't have any problems with finding one either. Why? Well, because there are most likely plenty of butt-ugly , boorish, mean-spirited girl-gamers out there that are also lonely and would leap at the opportunity to have a better-looking man than them.

But you don't want that, do you? No, you want someone atleast decently attractive, and with probably some social skills, humor, kinda nice, etc. And female. And THAT is where it gets hard.
But if all you care about is that she's a gamer..

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
If you just want someone to come home to... you could get a room mate.
Like a lot of people have said, you have to just treat women like people, not like they're scary. A problem that I think a lot of us have is that we only talk to people when we want something: ie. you want a girlfriend. You have to get used to talking to people just to get to know them, not because they might mate with you someday.

That said, I mostly try not to think about it, which is to say I've pretty much given up on the idea:
A friend of mine once pointed out a pretty girl walking by and said "You could ask her out."
I replied "Yeah... I could also read a book."
I think you'll find that apathy solves most of life's problems.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
BeeGeenie said:
I think you'll find that apathy solves most of life's problems.
Or..... it also just delay it and make it worse and cause you to have an episode later on in life.