Words/Phrases that annoy you.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
"The foreseeable future" No one can see the future in real life; "first" irks me too.

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
I live in the state of MissourI. NOT Missourah!
Anytime I hear a politician,college proffesor, or anyone else who is supposed to be intelligent add that damned 'AH' it makes me want to take a life.

Oh and if I'm with someone who says 'like' more than 3 times in a sentence I just tune out.

Gamine

Mar 7, 2009
Rational-Delirium said:
Like, when people, like, talk, and they like, don't have a, like good understanding of what they're, like, going to talk about, you know. Yeah.

Ditzes: they come in all shapes and sizes, but they speak the same language.
I thought this was like how you white people like talked. seriously

Flap Jack452 said:
I am making this post because tonight I realized the phrase that annoys me to no end. I was having a good dinner with my family, but one thing was driving me crazy, and I couldn't put my finger on it. Suddenly I realized that my brother kept on saying "To be honest." at the beginning of his sentences. I don't know why but that irked me horribly. So, my fellow Escapists, what words or phrases makes your piss boil?
To be honest, to be frank, to be. .watever!! you are either honest from the start or not.

Whats up with iRAQ,iRAN,lol. is it the same as iPhone, iPod..annoying

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Flap Jack452 said:
MaxTheReaper said:
*Readies flamethrower*
THIS BETTER BE GOOD, JACK.
Everyone is going to think your crazy now that I fixed it. Man, did I just derail my own thread? Thats one for the Guinness book.
Dude, everyone who pays attention to what I do already thinks I'm off my fucking rocker.
Anyway, I've derailed my own thread before.
I actually took it two different places in the same post.
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

EDIT:
Bored Tomatoe said:
When people use text speak in real life. That and white kids who talk all "gangsta"...
Also, to be on-topic, this. Except I extend it to everyone. I don't care if you're whiter than paper or blacker than the fucking night, if I have to listen to you talk about how "dem bitches be gettin' all up in [yo] grill," I will stab a *****.
Well I do agree about you being crazy. I also agree about combating the impulse to stab someone who talks like a gangsta. Though strangely, I don't feel like you fight that impulse...

JakePwnsAtLife

Mar 7, 2008
1. When people speak in chatspeak
2. "like" used more than once in a sentence
3. "ciao" when saying goodbye...and you are American.

Bunnymarn

Oct 8, 2008
"Sup" is annoying. I also hate it when people can't end a sentence, eg.

"I went outside and then I came inside and then I watched TV and then I saw a bird and then I said hello the bird and then the bird flew away and then..."

And finally:

"It's crap as" or "do you have any but?" - As what? But what?

EDIT: Also people who:

JakePwnsAtLife said:
1. When people speak in chatspeak

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
SharPhoe said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
When people use text speak in real life. That and white kids who talk all "gangsta"...
I think that's on a lot of people's lists.

I had a roommate back in college who, in addition to using chat-speak in real life (He would always say BRB when leaving for snacks), would always attempt to make a funny joke (his sense of humor is definitely lacking), laugh at it himself, and then when he noticed I didn't laugh, would say "You have to admit, that was pretty funny."

Yes, I HAVE to "admit" it, or else you won't shut up.

Replace the word "funny" with "cool/awesome/neat/bad-ass/etc." and you have about 80% of his speech pattern down. "I can't stand hearing the phrase "You have to admit" anymore because of him.
You have to admit, everyone knows someone like that.

(poor? yeah I know...)

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
*eyebrow raise* No comment.
I am Dr. Lightman from "Lie to Me", that eyebrow raise is a micro-expression that told you are in fact a murderer. That simple muscle reflex also revealed to me the locations of all the bodies and the motives behind said murders. Oh yeah, I also know what you were thinking about... you filthy perv.
*hopes you know what I am talking about...*

Vrud

Mar 11, 2009
"I wish I would have done this," "if I would have done this," etc. as opposed to "I wish I'd done this," "if I had done this," etc. The worst part is, they're completely grammatically correct - and they STILL make me want to rip someone's nails out at the root. Gaahhh.

Ignignoct

Feb 14, 2009
I COULD CARE LESS!

I COULD CARE!

I COULD!

COULD!

That renders a 2 second mandatory glare when people say it around me.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
RetiarySword said:
'At the end of the day'

I fucking hate it when people say that.
Fixed that one for ya, and yes me too. That phrase is guaranteed to make me go mental when used either excessively or totally out of context. No word of a lie I actually heard somebody say "Well at the end of the day I still get up in the morning!". THINK ABOUT THE WORDS COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH YOU IDIOT!

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
XDUCK said:
like i hate it when like you know LIKE , WHAT EVER, are 2 that drive me quackers
..when people use excessive use of duck metaphors in sentences or usernames.

..Not pointing out anyone in particular

/joking sarcasm