Words that have lost all meaning to you...

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
I can't think of anyway to pad this first post out, so are there any words that mean nothing to you anymore?

If it has an interesting story then throw that in too, my word is "hint"... I just used it and I found myself staring at it for 5 minutes wondering if that is even real. :D

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Tool.

I used to only use this word on rare occasion when i was extremely angry about how stupid and comforming someone was, now everyone is using it. Fuck.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
"You kids use the word HATE so much that I have to find a new word to describe how I feel about others. Hmmmm, I mega-loathe you all"

Virtual cookie for those that know who said this gem.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Jannycats said:
"You kids use the word HATE so much that I have to find a new word to describe how I feel about others. Hmmmm, I mega-loathe you all"

Bender? Or someone from Futurama.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Evil Jak said:
Jannycats said:

Nope, Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

Sorry for the double post.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
megapenguinx said:
Evil Jak said:
Jannycats said:

Nope, Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

Sorry for the double post.
ARGH! MPX! :D

Yeah, you are right... now I remember.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Oh, also "AWESOME" is something I am guilty of over-using but you love it. :D

And people who say "extreme" and are being serious when they say it, funny but not intentionally.

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
mentor07825 said:
I got a sentence, "Don't take offence but...."

I absolutely hate that. If you don't want me to take offence then don't fucking say it.
Thats more of a phrase /nazi.

Any word that I repeat more than ten times in a row.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
curlycrouton said:
People frequently use the word "epic" in the wrong context, which really bugs me.
Agreed, I have a friend who has fallen into the habit of using "epic" in this context:

"Yeah, that movie was epicly brilliant."

I despise that bastardisation of the English language. And yes, English is mine, and his, first language.

For me, both "shit" and "fuck" have lost meaning, because I hear, and use them repeatedly on a daily basis. They just mean nothing now.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
curlycrouton said:
People frequently use the word "epic" in the wrong context, which really bugs me.
I get even more annoyed when it's followed by the words "win" or "fail".

Love and Hate are thrown around too much.

Two-Headed Boy

Apr 18, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
curlycrouton said:
I get even more annoyed when it's followed by the words "win" or "fail".

Love and Hate are thrown around too much.
Yeah, I'm really tired of people saying "epic fail" or just plain "fail" all the time.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Oh, oh, oh! People who put sniper in their gamertag and then dont use a sniper?!? And when they do, they suck! Why?