Words that have lost all meaning to you...

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Allochtoon. (Dutch word. It's a Dutch glorified version of the word 'foreigner')
First we had the word 'Buitenlander' (which literally means 'someone from outside the country', translate it as 'foreigner') but that word started getting a bad reputation. So, in an effort of political correctness, people started using Allochtoon instead of Buitenlander. Now the word Allochtoon has an even worse reputation.

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
Epic, fail, doom and amazing are all words that, when said, require me to punch said speaker in the face. Repeatedly. I really hate cliched words--doom in particular. Screw you, Invader Zim.

ObsidianAshes

Mar 9, 2009
Any number of words now being used to mean the exact opposite of what their definition is. For example, last time I checked, 'deadly' means something dangerous that can cause death, or something really really boring. These days, I hear it being used to mean something was really cool and/or fun.

Martymer

Mar 17, 2009
Any phrase meaning that one's emotional reaction to something is death. As in, "It was so boring, I almost died!" or "That's so embarassing! If that happened to me I'd just die!".

Interweb(-s) and Internets (plural). Seriously... It's the InterNET (singular) and the World Wide WEB (also singular). And no, the terms are not synonymous. The www is part of the Internet, but so is usenet, non-web-based email services, IRC, etc, etc.

And as has been mentioned before:

"Epic", especially when followed by "win" or "fail". It's an epic victory/failure dammit! Assuming of course that it actually is epic to begin with, which it in all likelyhood isn't. On that topic, win and fail are verbs, not nouns, nor adjectives. "This thread is is win/fail", "This thread is full of win/fail"... Here's another one with the same meaning: "Me no speak English".

Fucking swear words fucking used as fucking filler, fucking know what the fuck I fucking mean?
... Oh, and the phrases "know what I mean?" and "know what I'm saying?".

JimmieDean

Jun 11, 2009
Fail.

I am so sick of hearing this come out of eight peoples mouths when I die on a video game.. spill a beer.. miss the greyhound.. drop mustard on my shirt.. anything remotely close to anything like that.

Fail.

Fuck you we get it.. it was funny for like a month 3 yrs ago. Shut up!!!

gh0ti

Apr 10, 2008
When people say 'literally' when they actually mean quite the opposite.

Oh, and 'Ultimate', especially when applied to games and films. It's never the ****ing 'Ultimate'. If it was, then there'd be no need for another game or film to be produced, as the last one would have attained perfection.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
"Omg, fuckin PWNED!!!!"

"FAIL, n00bz!!"

..I can't begin to clarify how much hate (No, I actually mean hate -.-..) these phrases >.<

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
ansem1532 said:
"Omg, fuckin PWNED!!!!"

"FAIL, n00bz!!"

..I can't begin to clarify how much hate (No, I actually mean hate -.-..) these phrases >.<
Edit: Sorry for double post <.<

Fallen_Hitokiri

Jun 14, 2009
Jannycats said:
"You kids use the word HATE so much that I have to find a new word to describe how I feel about others. Hmmmm, I mega-loathe you all"

Virtual cookie for those that know who said this gem.
DR COX :D

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I have to say, the words "thank you" have stopped having any meaning to me now. That and "I'm sorry". Half of the time I say those, ti's only out of courtesy's sake.

At the same time, I've had to make a conscious effort to make sure that "I love you" hasn't lost meaning. I will not say it to people I don't mean it to, these days, and that includes people like my siblings and even my parents. It takes a lot for me to say it these days.

Fallen_Hitokiri

Jun 14, 2009
i was wonderin how many times people would put i love you
but i guess people on here arent as depressing as some places i know
hmmmm
words that have lost all meaning to me?
i dont even see antidisestablishmentarianism
its jst a blur of letters
and also the term photo sensitive seizures it just is a tongue tier for me now
yeh just try and say it

i think im sorry is said for everythin it doesnt feel like people even are anymore sometimes