World Cup 2010

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
I enjoyed the 3rd place game more. But nevertheless congrats to Spain they played better.

Advice: Excellent midfielders but work on the conclusions for the next cup.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
Also, well done to Diego Forlan who won player of the tournament, in my opinion well deserved.
-IT- said:
Sir Bob said:
FIFA should start using cameras. Bad ref.
Agree, one shitty ref with some ridiculous calls!
The only major error I saw was the clear corner that should have been given to the Dutch. What else did he miss? Other than that, he caught everything, but I suspect was lenient with the Dutch because of the occasion. Methinks if that was just another Premier League game for the ref there would have been 4 red cards as opposed to just the one. I don't see how a video camera would have helped in this case, and actually thought the ref did a really good job, the best he could in the circumstances (although I agree goal line technology should certainly be used, but then as an Englishman I would say that wouldn't I?).

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
It was not a very good final, imo. First of all, both teams were quite clearly not at their best. Holland players were incerdibly rude and constantly stopping the game, while Spain was murdering the pace and diving. Oh, and the ref was terrible, too (shpuld've been a red card for Puyol, he didn't hesitate much with Heitinga).
But what saddens me most is that I don't think Spain deserved their win. Their "Total Football" was a horrible chore to watch and most of their matches on this championship ended with a 1-0. In other words, most of the "boring" play-off matches involved Spain.
Even so, I think they are a good team. I think Casillas deserved to hold the Cup, I think Xavi did, so did Iniesta, Villa and pretty much everyone else.
But so did Van Bronckhorst (who was extremely good in his last match), Sneijder, Robben and at least they didn't bore people to tears when they won.
I congratulate the fans of Spain, your team is good, undoubtedly, and Del Bosque is a good coach.

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
and Del Bosque is a good coach.
If it were an eating contest, he would win as well. Although then he would win with more than just 1-0 in EVERY SINGLE MATCH.

This championship will be remembered for its horns and its bad football.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Bud the Wise said:
Wow, the games are over that quickly. Take it from a foreigner to not know how to put work into something. To answer you back, no. Also, thanks for the insult calling me the "B" word. What are you, five years old or something?

Naw, your probably a douchebag. Either way, yet another example of a moron bashing someone else on the internet. Maybe instead, you could fight those kids in school that are probably always making fun of you.
Well shit, you sure showed me...

If you come on to a thread about football obviously full of people who like football, and insult them, the game, and their country then expect to be flamed. As far as calling you a ***** goes, the word seemed apt. You were majorly bitching about football when you could have just not bothered. In fact why cant you ignore the game itself and go and watch a nice manly game of handegg or some shit instead.

You're perfectly entitled to post your opinion, just dont be so abusive and inflammatory about putting that opinion across, and then get offended when someone calls you nasty names. What goes around comes around.

Oh by the way, enjoy your suspension.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
This thread is evidence to what is wrong with "the beautiful game". It breeds hatred, racism and riots.

That being said, I am a fan of the game itself, just not the fans.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Flap Jack452 said:
This thread is evidence to what is wrong with "the beautiful game". It breeds hatred, racism and riots.

That being said, I am a fan of the game itself, just not the fans.
Where did you find hatred and racism here? The only hatred was Bud the Wise because he was talking about how Soccer sucks.