"World of Warcraft Candidate" Wins Election

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Obligatory Persona 4 battle win song:

OT: I was actually expecting that smear campaign to work, but it proved me wrong. I'm happy for her.

I guess this proves that you shouldn't mess with something as influential as gaming/internet culture or else it could backfire horribly.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I, for one, support dickpunching Arthas.

Funny thing is they thought they were giving her negative PR but instead they won her the gamer vote and most other people probably didn't give two shits about it.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I was partial to the Fark headline when I was reading it.

First Orcish-American candidate elected to Maine State Senate, living up to her campaign slogan of "Lok'tar ogar"

I couldn't read the article at work, but it still struck me as funny that someone would come up with that headline.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Sleekit said:
cynicalsaint1 said:
Why can't we get these kind of controversies for the US Senate? You know the kind with a cool ending.

Nooo ... there we just get old white dudes who think rape babies are gifts from god ...
actually that particular guy lost his seat...
Yeah .. but the fact that someone who is supposed to be making laws for this country said such a thing publicly at all makes me incredibly sad for the human race.

Meanwhile this controversy reminds me that occasionally people aren't always as idiotic as you'd think.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
LOK'TAR OGAR!!!

Seriously im from England so I have no clue whats going on over there past these articles but still...

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
its good to see this
the type of entertainment that a person prefers should not be taken into account when dealing with unemployment or infrastructure problems.
its like saying that i dont care about your bill to repave all the streets because you enjoy music and are vocal about it rather than television.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
I don't see how gaming was a negative thing for her position, I'd rather she kill npcs in a game if it keeps her from paying for prostitutes with tax money.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Good for her :D
Like I said when this was first brought up
If that's the worst thing about her, then she deserves to be elected
Hell, she deserves to be elected into the White House as far as I care
Once again good luck to her :)

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
I'm glad I don't vote in Maine. Can't vote a straight Democratic ticket if one of them is Horde.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Well good for her... Also... good that she's a rogue... it would pain me to know am camping a US senator.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
this is what happens when you have the most Death Per Second then anyone else

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Something else Lachowicz posted on her page, the morning before voting began:

I don't know if she made it, but a quick google didn't turn it up anywhere else. This is clearly a woman who knows her audience.
She did not make it. It is from http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html and became an internet meme thereafter, which she spun very well to the idea of "ALL the things!"

Just to put the information out there (also read that blog, it is hilarious).

I'm really pleased to see her hobby was an asset and the people who attacked her for it got some comeuppance for it.