World of Warcraft Lore Nerd Wins Blizzcon

DeathsHands

Mar 22, 2010
Thibaut said:
Goddamned Blizzard, other people know your source material better than you guys do. I mean, is there anything more shameful than that?
Hold on, son.

A mere oversight isn't a huge deal. Calm down.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Thibaut said:
Goddamned Blizzard, other people know your source material better than you guys do. I mean, is there anything more shameful than that?
The Warcraft lore can cover multiple books, man.
There's hundreds of characters to keep track of, and an oversight or two really isn't a big deal.
In fact, it's expected.

What would be shameful is making up excuses to brush the whole thing aside. They didn't.
They admitted they had made a mistake and even promised to fix it.
That's the exact opposite of 'shameful'.

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
thenumberthirteen said:
I'm surprised the Devs didn't just say "He was killed by Gnomes" or something to cover their asses. Like how Games Workshop just washed over the removal of an entire race from 40K, and eventually just said "The Tyranids ate them all".

I miss Squats
The Tyranids ate a few more as well. They do their job well.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
Axzarious said:
thenumberthirteen said:
I'm surprised the Devs didn't just say "He was killed by Gnomes" or something to cover their asses. Like how Games Workshop just washed over the removal of an entire race from 40K, and eventually just said "The Tyranids ate them all".

I miss Squats
The Tyranids ate a few more as well. They do their job well.
nomnomnom.

OT:
the guy got made into a bloody in game character as a red shirted 'wildhammer fact checker' or something like that, sheer bleeding genious on the blizzard PR department end there.
kudo's XD

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
I bet at some point someone asked him "Dude, why do you know all this crap. You're never going to use it."

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Afterwards:

"So, dude, you gonna call it in when you get back to your room?"
"Nah. I'm gonna have sex with a girl, like that kid never will."

ekkaman

Feb 19, 2009
mikemart said:
its hilarious to see people who know games better than the actual developers
Yes indeed imagine if he oh I don't know he used it to study something that might be of use to man.