World of Warcraft Player Reaches Level 90 Without Choosing a Faction

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Jim Trailerpark said:
Didn't read the topic, but there's probably a million mentions of that South Park episode
*Checks on that*

I saw one.

OT: Congratulations, guy. I think this somehow earns you Leroy Jenkins kinda' fame, really. Sounds about right.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
All the while Blizzard is laughing to the bank with his monthly money that was spent grinding this character. I congratulate him on his feat, but I doubt he had a ton of fun doing it, which is what the game should have been about.

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
rofltehcat said:
So what is his /played? I'd expect it to be massive. He must have spent years of his life time on that.
Less than two years if he started September 2012

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013
Jesus, the amount of negativity in this thread is STAGGERING. I respect all of your opinions, and half-agree with some, but a lot of you guys are coming off as really damn mean-spirited. Especially those of you who are going "HA, what idiot, just wasting his life away," while simultaneously spending YOUR time belittling and insulting others over the internet nearly anonymously.
I say let the guy have his time in the sun: at least he went out of his way to actually do something different and do something likely no expected anyone to do. That, in my opinion, makes it worthwhile.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Baddamobs said:
Jesus, the amount of negativity in this thread is STAGGERING. I respect all of your opinions, and half-agree with some, but a lot of you guys are coming off as really damn mean-spirited. Especially those of you who are going "HA, what idiot, just wasting his life away," while simultaneously spending YOUR time belittling and insulting others over the internet nearly anonymously.
I say let the guy have his time in the sun: at least he went out of his way to actually do something different and do something likely no expected anyone to do. That, in my opinion, makes it worthwhile.
This. Just...this.

Seriously, guys...the idea of a game is to have FUN! You remember fun, right? I say if someone wants to try something different that deviates from the standard norm of play that's still within the rules of the game just for the heck of it...I'd say that person gets the idea of a game is more than anyone else on this planet. It's the reason why many people play board games with house rules, why there are variants of the game of Poker, and...let us not forget the very existance of Calvinball, in which the only real rule is to not play the same way twice.

Personally...I salute gamers like Doubleagent. Guys like this who figure out new ways to play and enjoy games are the reason I've been a gamer for more than 30 years...and will probably still be one even when they have to pry my handheld game device (which will probably have some future generation of Pokémon with over 1200+ captured) from my cold, wrinkled, dead hands.

And on that note... *looks around* ...someone needs to tell me what the phrack I'm doing atop a soapbox.

DerangedHobo

Jan 11, 2012
Granfaloon said:
Wow, what a horrible waste of time. I seriously feel sorry for them if they really put that much time into it. Sure it's an achievement but not one that they should be proud of.
Yeah cause playing video games is totally.. not a waste of... time.. Fuck at least he got a news story and a forum topic about him. I've got over 6000 hours of game time on steam and I ain't got jack to show for it.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
iseko said:
Well on the one hand he did something that noone else has done before him and I doubt someone else will do this ever again. So congrats for that.

On the other hand: seriously? Why would you waste so much time on something so excruciatingly tedious? This is the pinnacle of pointless grinding. Unless someone offers you a butload of money that you could not earn in a faster way (like a job) I really don't see the point. Because you can is not a reason.
Now now, no need to make fun of somebody just because they play WoW.

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013
GamemasterAnthony said:
Baddamobs said:
This. Just...this.

Seriously, guys...the idea of a game is to have FUN! You remember fun, right? I say if someone wants to try something different that deviates from the standard norm of play that's still within the rules of the game just for the heck of it...I'd say that person gets the idea of a game is more than anyone else on this planet. It's the reason why many people play board games with house rules, why there are variants of the game of Poker, and...let us not forget the very existance of Calvinball, in which the only real rule is to not play the same way twice.

Personally...I salute gamers like Doubleagent. Guys like this who figure out new ways to play and enjoy games are the reason I've been a gamer for more than 30 years...and will probably still be one even when they have to pry my handheld game device (which will probably have some future generation of Pokémon with over 1200+ captured) from my cold, wrinkled, dead hands.

And on that note... *looks around* ...someone needs to tell me what the phrack I'm doing atop a soapbox.
They have a habit of showing up when ever an impromptu speech is being made. Seriously, they just kind of...materialize under a person's feet.
(Thanks, by the by)