World of Warcraft Survey Talks Annual Passes, Paid Character Upgrades

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
AuronFtw said:
Because it was nothing alike. I play WoW muted, with my own music in the background. and I couldn't care less about voice actors; even benedict cumberbatch and patrick stewart combined couldnt make me more inspired to kill 10 wolves. Killing 10 wolves will always be killing 10 wolves, whether I do it alone or with a buddy... or with an AI partner, as TOR so strongly suggested.

The big draw that kept me into WoW was the endgame; which TOR lacked. Shitty space battles, shitty + easy raids, shitty looking gear, and a shitty and boring leveling experience. Bioware blew the majority of their budget and effort on voice acting talent, and skimped hardcore on designers, writers and everything the fuck else. And it showed. The game blew massive chunks. So much that even the voice acting was unable to salvage it. They should have simply made it Kotor 3: Now With More Grindy Shit instead of TOR: The Game We Want To Compete With WoW. The latter very obviously did not work, and decreased the quality substantially.
So we agree :)

I also usually play WoW muted. In fact, the only time I ever turn the music back on is when I go to Outland, due to Matt Uelman's scores being awesome.

I'm currently playing through a character in SWTOR, and it's not too bad. However, I KNOW that at some point I'm going to get bored of the voiced cutscenes and start skipping them - just as I did back when I last gave the game a shot.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
This game jumped the shark pretty much right around when WotLK was released. Now, like most things that experience this sad phenomenon, it's trying new things to retain worn out players. Rosanne won the lottery, Miami Vice had aliens from outer space, Family Matters had "Stefan", and in the end it all just looks like a lame wounded animal braying it's death cries as it dies a slow and agonizing demise.

That's what this is; an aged animal dying a slow ugly noisy agonizing death.

It's time to move on. Players should consider letting go and trying something new. I realize that there's poor substitutes, but that's not what I'm suggesting. Rather I think that in order for there to be growth and innovation there needs to be change, and that can only really come when they accept that this game is more habit than fun, that it's an exercise in habit and tedium, and we will never have those moments like we did when it was vanilla or TBC until people finally accept this has to die so new games can rise.

As long as it's profitable, I don't see this happening. This is business, and profitable stagnation is better than risky innovation, at least to the folks making money.

Waxmeneer

Oct 17, 2011
anthony87 said:
I could dig a "boost to 90" from the store. Frankly I've got a pain in my tits with leveling at this stage.
Then let them offer it for free, microtransactions have no place in a game which you both pay for AND subscribe to.