World of Warcraft Visual History

singulari7y

Aug 26, 2010
We often see in these large online games bitter-sweet victories and forgettable events; while it is true that the first time you sever the head of VanCleef you feel a surge of pride, it is sullied by the knowledge of the thousands that came before you and those who will soon follow.

Actual history has many more memorable events because they are truly that, history. While the actions are repeatable, none are equal to that original moment in any way, but merely act as homage to that unique moment. The Ahn'Qiraj War, however is one of those true moments of game history, set in a world where history is usually repeatable.

To most they only knew of it second-hand, a friend of a friend hearing something about a hasty Black Wing Lair run; while to others it was a frenzied pace of night-after-night raids and countless hours of grinding to help form this champion, to help herald in this event.

You may still be able to grasp at shadows of what this once was, and follow the path of those who did it before you, but in this rarest of quests there are none on par with the champions who broke the seal of Ahn'Qiraj to face the would-be god C'Thun, and quest beside us a Scarab Lord. We will remember them, always.

They, and only they, opened the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, and ended the Great War Effort.

- Archivist, Wowhead Comments, 2/26/2008

I will never forget what an epic scope this game had in the past, hopefully to regain in the future in some form in Cataclysm. It's kind of sad to see where it's wandered over the past few years.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Sonic Doctor said:
WoW is a unique experience though, and is awesome. Fight with your fishing pole.
I used to gank low levellers with my fishing rod.. Though if I recall only one has a DPS rating on it!

Apocalypse Tank

Aug 31, 2008
MaVeN1337 said:
World of Warcraft's impact on MMO games? Horrible.

First of all, It's not even a good game, Repetitive, Play for 2 hours and you've seen everything.

It absorbed the entire MMO player base, and ruined other games, forcing developers to have to use god awful micro transactions, just to make money.

So now we have about a thousand WoW Clones, or other different games ruined by terrible payment plans and lack of players.
How exactly do you play two hours of WoW and see everything?
I am dumbfounded about this statement

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
It was a nice timeline but after playing and enjoying MxO for four years I find that any mention of it (positive or negative)since its shutdown makes me miss it tremendously.